Log in:  

Register

Dubai Tour 2018

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

10 Feb 2018 11:31

I’m already fed up of Quick-Step winning everything.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,929
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

10 Feb 2018 11:32

Katusha all over the place.. They have a lot of work to do.
Sestriere
Junior Member
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 24 Jun 2017 11:59

Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:32

TourOfSardinia wrote:Viviani master class


More like Sabatini masterclass to be honest.
User avatar Akuryo
Member
 
Posts: 1,309
Joined: 19 Apr 2014 10:20
Location: OWL, Germany

10 Feb 2018 11:36

So KIttel...why cant he hang on to his train ?
HelloDolly
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,865
Joined: 13 Mar 2015 00:12
Location: Birmingham

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:36

Akuryo wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Viviani master class


More like Sabatini masterclass to be honest.

Yes - & Viviani said it himself.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,781
Joined: 16 Feb 2010 14:25
Location: Sardinia

10 Feb 2018 11:38

Viviani is the master of the chaotic sprint.

The more hectic, the better for him.
Velolover2
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,574
Joined: 12 Apr 2015 18:16

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:38

I'm out and about so didn't see the end. What happened with the crash?
canarydan23
New Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 17 Jan 2017 10:55

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:39

canarydan23 wrote:I'm out and about so didn't see the end. What happened with the crash?


Cofidis rider (possibly Bouhanni) slid out at the corner.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,375
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

10 Feb 2018 11:47

Is Viviani the second fastest after Kittel these days? I mean, Greipel and Cav aren't getting any younger.
Velolover2
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,574
Joined: 12 Apr 2015 18:16

10 Feb 2018 11:49

It's very early days, but at the moment who's the premier sprinter at Quick-Step? I'd have said Gaviria before this week, but while his victories came in a weak sprinter field, Viviani has gone up against the top names and come out victorious. Ok, it sounds like he was helped by an incident today and clearly has the best lead-out but his first victory was well deserved.
canarydan23
New Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 17 Jan 2017 10:55

Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:49

Velolover2 wrote:Is Viviani the second fastest after Kittel these days? I mean, Greipel and Cav aren't getting any younger.


There is a certain Colombian your missed. :o
User avatar Akuryo
Member
 
Posts: 1,309
Joined: 19 Apr 2014 10:20
Location: OWL, Germany

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:51

Akuryo wrote:
Velolover2 wrote:Is Viviani the second fastest after Kittel these days? I mean, Greipel and Cav aren't getting any younger.


There is a certain Colombian your missed. :o

I think it's a tie between those two. Depends on the scenario and route.
Velolover2
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,574
Joined: 12 Apr 2015 18:16

10 Feb 2018 11:52

I'm not so sure. I'd still wager on Kittel and Cavendish sharing all of the TdF sprint stages.
canarydan23
New Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: 17 Jan 2017 10:55

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:55

Velolover2 wrote:
Akuryo wrote:
Velolover2 wrote:Is Viviani the second fastest after Kittel these days? I mean, Greipel and Cav aren't getting any younger.


There is a certain Colombian your missed. :o

I think it's a tie between those two. Depends on the scenario and route.


We're not gonna see a head-to-head showdown between Viviani and Gaviria the next couple of years anyway.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,375
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:57

canarydan23 wrote:It's very early days, but at the moment who's the premier sprinter at Quick-Step? I'd have said Gaviria before this week, but while his victories came in a weak sprinter field, Viviani has gone up against the top names and come out victorious. Ok, it sounds like he was helped by an incident today and clearly has the best lead-out but his first victory was well deserved.

It's hard. They are pretty much equal in terms of speed and but can survive lumpy-but-not-hilly stages.

Gaviria has the best lead-out man in the world. (Yeah I know they are on the same team but Richeze is almost Gaviria's personal lead-outman)

But Viviani is really good at using slower sprinters from other teams as lead-out men. He seem to be a very intelligent sprinter who is great at "reading the race" and being on the right wheels.
Velolover2
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,574
Joined: 12 Apr 2015 18:16

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 11:59

canarydan23 wrote:I'm out and about so didn't see the end. What happened with the crash?
https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudRudeBillOneHand(middle of clip)
AQETUYIOI
Junior Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 27 Sep 2015 21:52

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 12:01

RedheadDane wrote:
Velolover2 wrote:
Akuryo wrote:
Velolover2 wrote:Is Viviani the second fastest after Kittel these days? I mean, Greipel and Cav aren't getting any younger.


There is a certain Colombian your missed. :o

I think it's a tie between those two. Depends on the scenario and route.


We're not gonna see a head-to-head showdown between Viviani and Gaviria the next couple of years anyway.

Oh, we will next mouth! Milano-Sanremo is coming up. It's gonna be fun to watch.
Velolover2
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,574
Joined: 12 Apr 2015 18:16

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 12:02

Velolover2 wrote:
canarydan23 wrote:It's very early days, but at the moment who's the premier sprinter at Quick-Step? I'd have said Gaviria before this week, but while his victories came in a weak sprinter field, Viviani has gone up against the top names and come out victorious. Ok, it sounds like he was helped by an incident today and clearly has the best lead-out but his first victory was well deserved.

It's hard. They are pretty much equal in terms of speed and but can survive lumpy-but-not-hilly stages.

Gaviria has the best lead-out man in the world. (Yeah I know they are on the same team but Richeze is almost Gaviria's personal lead-outman)

But Viviani is really good at using slower sprinters from other teams as lead-out men. He seem to be a very intelligent sprinter who is great at "reading the race" and being on the right wheels.


It's generally a good idea for a sprinter and his lead-out man to be on the same team. :p You could argue that Sabatini is - or at least is working towards becoming - Viviani's personal lead-out man.


Velolover2 wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:
Velolover2 wrote:
Akuryo wrote:
Velolover2 wrote:Is Viviani the second fastest after Kittel these days? I mean, Greipel and Cav aren't getting any younger.


There is a certain Colombian your missed. :o

I think it's a tie between those two. Depends on the scenario and route.


We're not gonna see a head-to-head showdown between Viviani and Gaviria the next couple of years anyway.

Oh, we will next mouth! Milano-Sanremo is coming up. It's gonna be fun to watch.


Not Viviani and Gaviria, surely!
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,375
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

10 Feb 2018 12:05

Velolover2 wrote:Oh, we will next mouth! Milano-Sanremo is coming up. It's gonna be fun to watch.
What about Gilbert?
AQETUYIOI
Junior Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 27 Sep 2015 21:52

10 Feb 2018 12:05

Watched Viviani in the TDU and Dubai and when he's received a perfect lead out he's failed to win, yet when it's a ragged sprint finale he comes out on top.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,472
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], davebqvst, Dazed and Confused, Google Adsense [Bot], pastronef, tobydawq and 43 guests

Back to top