Log in:  

Register

The Quickstep Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

04 Sep 2018 20:58

Is that Barredo in the picture (with all the implications)?

And 20 years ago the Quick-Step cycling team did not exist so if anyone has any idea what 20 years in the hashtag (shudder) refers to I would gladly be enlightened.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,195
Joined: 07 Jun 2010 11:43

Re: The Quickstep Thread

04 Sep 2018 23:12

SKSemtex wrote:Amazing year for them.
Probably the most successful team in history in terms of wins per year, but they still have a problem to find the main sponsor.
I am quite worried about the cycling when the next economic crisis arrives.


HTC won a lot more, but Quick-Step's wins are higher quality.
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran
 
Posts: 16,255
Joined: 16 Jul 2010 21:53

Re:

05 Sep 2018 10:16

roundabout wrote:Is that Barredo in the picture (with all the implications)?

And 20 years ago the Quick-Step cycling team did not exist so if anyone has any idea what 20 years in the hashtag (shudder) refers to I would gladly be enlightened.


Quick Step started sponsoring the Mapei team in 1999, so 2018 it's their 20th season on the sport.
User avatar Ricco'
Member
 
Posts: 1,269
Joined: 14 Aug 2012 18:41
Location: Coimbra, Portugal

07 Oct 2018 20:47

What's happening?

Two weeks without a win! This is the first time this has happened this season!
User avatar tobydawq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,113
Joined: 16 Nov 2013 18:45
Location: Denmark

08 Oct 2018 16:10

The team wil rename to DECEUNINCK - QUICKSTEP. It will be at least 3 years, with options for more years.
Bakkie
Junior Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 25 Aug 2015 13:39

08 Oct 2018 16:47

So... should I change the title to reflect the new name?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,820
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

08 Oct 2018 18:32

Let be honest we are going to refer to them as Quickstep regardless
User avatar Midnightfright
Member
 
Posts: 1,286
Joined: 06 Mar 2011 12:32
Location: Edinburgh

Re:

08 Oct 2018 18:48

Midnightfright wrote:Let be honest we are going to refer to them as Quickstep regardless

I still call EF-Drapac, Garmin in my head and have to correct myself.
Leinster
Member
 
Posts: 898
Joined: 10 Jun 2017 06:44

Re:

08 Oct 2018 18:59

Midnightfright wrote:Let be honest we are going to refer to them as Quickstep regardless


Which is kinda why I was suggesting changing the title already - as opposed to waiting until 2019 - so we could get a head-start in getting used to it.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,820
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

08 Oct 2018 19:13

Lefevre is proud his team stays in blue.
Bakkie
Junior Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 25 Aug 2015 13:39

08 Oct 2018 19:28

Bakkie
Junior Member
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 25 Aug 2015 13:39

08 Oct 2018 19:33

LoL! Didn't realise Deceuninck is a window manufacturer.
They're… building a house!
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,820
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re:

08 Oct 2018 19:48

Midnightfright wrote:Let be honest we are going to refer to them as Quickstep regardless

Especially with that new sponsor.
User avatar jaylew
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,145
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 05:46
Location: ATX

08 Oct 2018 19:51

Wonder what part the Gaviria/Mas newscycle played?
Hakkapelit
Member
 
Posts: 373
Joined: 29 Aug 2013 21:25

Re:

08 Oct 2018 19:54

RedheadDane wrote:LoL! Didn't realise Deceuninck is a window manufacturer.
They're… building a house!

:D

Maybe they should have a merger with Bora-Hansgrohe.
janraaskalt
Member
 
Posts: 966
Joined: 03 Jan 2010 10:41

Re: Re:

08 Oct 2018 20:53

janraaskalt wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:LoL! Didn't realise Deceuninck is a window manufacturer.
They're… building a house!

:D

Maybe they should have a merger with Bora-Hansgrohe.
It's really amazing how cycling attracts sponsors from building industry in Belgium and neighbourhood. Besides this new company and QS, there is Soudal, Wanty and Groupe Gobert, all those Willems veranda's and Veranclassic, Aqua Protect... Is this perhaps connected with perception that cycling is a working class sport which still remains strong in this part of the world?
PeterB
Member
 
Posts: 534
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 13:53

08 Oct 2018 20:57

So, what you're saying is that if enough teams go together they could actually build a fully functioning house?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,820
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

08 Oct 2018 21:05

PeterB wrote:
janraaskalt wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:LoL! Didn't realise Deceuninck is a window manufacturer.
They're… building a house!

:D

Maybe they should have a merger with Bora-Hansgrohe.
It's really amazing how cycling attracts sponsors from building industry in Belgium and neighbourhood. Besides this new company and QS, there is Soudal, Wanty and Groupe Gobert, all those Willems veranda's and Veranclassic, Aqua Protect... Is this perhaps connected with perception that cycling is a working class sport which still remains strong in this part of the world?

The Dutch also have Boels Rentals and Dolmans Landscaping collaborating on one team, Destil sponsor the Parkhotel Valkenburg teams, as title sponsor for the men and secondary sponsor for the women, and Vlasman have a continental team.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,743
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 11:54
Location: Land of Saíz

Re:

08 Oct 2018 22:18

RedheadDane wrote:So, what you're saying is that if enough teams go together they could actually build a fully functioning house?


Alpecin-Hansgrohe would be a good combination.
User avatar tobydawq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,113
Joined: 16 Nov 2013 18:45
Location: Denmark

Re: Re:

08 Oct 2018 22:22

tobydawq wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:So, what you're saying is that if enough teams go together they could actually build a fully functioning house?


Alpecin-Hansgrohe would be a good combination.


That would be hilarious.

By the way, there’s already some obvious (interior design) synergy between Bora and hansgrohe. I read somewhere that they have started some relationship where they are putting some of the other company’s stuff in some of their stores.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,437
Joined: 18 Aug 2010 13:18

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Velolover2 and 18 guests

Back to top