Register

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

14 Jun 2018 15:25

GenericBoonenFan wrote:Antunes to QS please!

I think he has contract with CCC for one more year but I would like that :D
drebelo

14 Jun 2018 19:06

According to PCS, Guerreiro's deal with Trek is over after this year, maybe it could be him.

With regards to the HBA riders signed for 2018, PCS lists them as having two year deals because the team is PCT this year, therefore they are entitled to the standard two-year neo-pro deal. But if Philipsen, Almeida, Bjerg et al were signed while the team was still just a Conti squad, how does that work? Sign a 1yr deal then UCI force HBA to upgrade it to 2 once PCT status granted? 2yr deal from the start in anticipation of being moved to PCT? If none of these, then maybe those riders are available for 2019 to WT squads. If anyone can shed some light, please do!
JoeD1997

Re: Re:

14 Jun 2018 19:15

drebelo wrote:

Yes, Antunes have a contract until 2019 with CCC.

Quick-Step Floors probably should not renew with Eros Capecchi and Petr Vakoc (a few weeks in the UCI database was not part of the QS riders) and in my opinion Niki Terpstra may also not renew, is already 34 years.
They must renew the other 4 that have no contract (Yves Lampaert, Maximilian Schachmann, Rémi Cavagna and Laurens De Plus).
For the place of Niki, Eros and Vakoc would be very good to see Wout Van Aert, Edvald Boasson Hagen and Rui Costa
PedroMonteiro

Re:

14 Jun 2018 19:21

Lefevre probably convinced Rui Sousa to make a comeback. :cool:
Jokes aside, probably Almeida, a huge talent.
Rafael Reis is also out of contract, he'd also be an interesting signing. Joni Brandão is also out of contract, but sadly I don't think that they'll sign him.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

14 Jun 2018 23:07

Mayomaniac wrote:

Rafael Reis is also out of contract, he'd also be an interesting signing. Joni Brandão is also out of contract, but sadly I don't think that they'll sign him.

I also think that it is probably Almeida.
I think Reis is a good rider but he hasn't been so impressive as he was in a couple of years ago, I remember than in the last years he finished really close to the Top 3 in the U23 ITT WCH but since that result I haven't seen much evolution. Guerreiro, Costa and Oliveira will finish their contracts this year so... who knows
Brt147

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

15 Jun 2018 13:33

another great talent to grow is Tadej Pogacar, let's see where it goes ... Today ended only 16s behind Uran ...
PedroMonteiro

15 Jun 2018 16:01

PedroMonteiro wrote:another great talent to grow is Tadej Pogacar, let's see where it goes ... Today ended only 16s behind Uran ...

Pogacar was already rumoured to have signed wit UAE Emirates.
janraaskalt

15 Jun 2018 20:57

janraaskalt wrote:
PedroMonteiro wrote:another great talent to grow is Tadej Pogacar, let's see where it goes ... Today ended only 16s behind Uran ...

Yes, ProCyclingStats even announced his hiring.

Astana trying to hire Quintana, I do not think it's going to happen because Quintana signed until 2019.
PedroMonteiro

15 Jun 2018 21:05

PedroMonteiro wrote:
drebelo wrote:

Yes, Antunes have a contract until 2019 with CCC.

Quick-Step Floors probably should not renew with Eros Capecchi and Petr Vakoc (a few weeks in the UCI database was not part of the QS riders) and in my opinion Niki Terpstra may also not renew, is already 34 years.
They must renew the other 4 that have no contract (Yves Lampaert, Maximilian Schachmann, Rémi Cavagna and Laurens De Plus).
For the place of Niki, Eros and Vakoc would be very good to see Wout Van Aert, Edvald Boasson Hagen and Rui Costa

QS would be stupid to get rid of Terpstra unless he chooses to leave or retire, and Alaphilippe is younger and better than Rui Costa in every way. Other than that it’s a good list of riders to retain/chase, especially Lampaert, Scachmann, EBH and Van Aert.

Getting EBH would be near impossible with the packed QS roster though, he wouldn’t be able to lead at any of his major objectives.
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

15 Jun 2018 22:08

PedroMonteiro wrote:
janraaskalt wrote:

Astana trying to hire Quintana, I do not think it's going to happen because Quintana signed until 2019.

If Quintana wants to move bad enough and he and/or Astana is willing to pay to get him out of his contract Movistar will let him out of the contract. There's just a nice fee attached to it.
User avatar Koronin

16 Jun 2018 04:31

Beppe Conti yesterday's indiscreto:

*Ulissi could go to a french or belgian team.
*Quick Step wants Moscon (it's more that a year that he regularly throw in this :lol: ).
*Ganna has offers from Quick Step and Sky, with the latter that has the favour of the rider because in case of a signing will let him ride on the track and chase the hour record.
*Israel Academy are favourites to take BMC WT spot.
*BMC riders, van Avermaet could go to Lotto, Caruso to a french team and Porte to UAE.
Nirvana

16 Jun 2018 06:00

Brt147 wrote:
Mayomaniac wrote:

I also think that it is probably Almeida.
I think Reis is a good rider but he hasn't been so impressive as he was in a couple of years ago, I remember than in the last years he finished really close to the Top 3 in the U23 ITT WCH but since that result I haven't seen much evolution. Guerreiro, Costa and Oliveira will finish their contracts this year so... who knows

Almeida has been on QST’s radar for quite a while. Also joined a training camp of the team last December. Would be surprised if it isn’t him.
Naico
Newly Registered Member

17 Jun 2018 03:53

Koronin wrote:
PedroMonteiro wrote:
janraaskalt wrote:

If Quintana wants to move bad enough and he and/or Astana is willing to pay to get him out of his contract Movistar will let him out of the contract. There's just a nice fee attached to it.

Essentially Quintana would have to buy out the final year of his contract. It's happened before but not many are prepared to do it unless they are really unhappy. Happens more often in more lucrative sports. I think Evans did that with the final year of his contract at Lotto as he was on bad terms with team management at that point and the BMC deal was too good to refuse.
movingtarget
Veteran

17 Jun 2018 09:44

Evans didn't buy out, he had a clause allowing him to break contract in the offseason until a certain cutoff date.

Typically for him, he informed the team he was doing it on the last day, late in the day, without any prior notice that he had been negotiating with others.
User avatar GuyIncognito

Re:

17 Jun 2018 13:25

GuyIncognito wrote:Evans didn't buy out, he had a clause allowing him to break contract in the offseason until a certain cutoff date.

Typically for him, he informed the team he was doing it on the last day, late in the day, without any prior notice that he had been negotiating with others.

I think that cuts both ways hence him leaving. He wanted Horner kept but Lotto didn't and he wanted more mountain climbers as was promised and Lotto never signed any better climbers. They promised to build a team around him and they didn't. BMC offered more. Many sportsmen keep their negotiations quiet. With the team Evans had, Lotto only have themselves to blame for losing him.
movingtarget
Veteran

17 Jun 2018 13:39

Oh but they did. They signed Kohl and Dekker to work for Evans, but they were caught. So for the following season they signed Dani Moreno and JC Peraud. I still remember Sergeant saying that now they were stuck with Moreno and Peraud without a leader for them to help.

Moreno ended up being given the Giro leadership
User avatar GuyIncognito

17 Jun 2018 14:34

There are rumors that Damiano Caruso has proposals from Sky, Bahrain and the UAE for 2019. In my opinion should go to the UAE on Sky would just be one more for work to Froome.
PedroMonteiro

17 Jun 2018 14:40

It will be very interesting to see how Sunweb will strengthen the team to 2019, will lose Phil Bauhaus (Sprinter) and Mike Teunissen (pave) to Bahrain. Roy Curvers has already said that he will retire, Laurens ten Dam probably too, Tom Stamsnijder, Simon Geschke and Lennard Hofstede are also without a contract.
PedroMonteiro

Re:

17 Jun 2018 14:44

GuyIncognito wrote:Oh but they did. They signed Kohl and Dekker to work for Evans, but they were caught. So for the following season they signed Dani Moreno and JC Peraud. I still remember Sergeant saying that now they were stuck with Moreno and Peraud without a leader for them to help.

Moreno ended up being given the Giro leadership

Dekker more of a roleur, Moreno mainly a good hill climber not so good on high mountains, I barely remember Peraud at Lotto.
movingtarget
Veteran

Re:

17 Jun 2018 15:09

PedroMonteiro wrote:It will be very interesting to see how Sunweb will strengthen the team to 2019, will lose Phil Bauhaus (Sprinter) and Mike Teunissen (pave) to Bahrain. Roy Curvers has already said that he will retire, Laurens ten Dam probably too, Tom Stamsnijder, Simon Geschke and Lennard Hofstede are also without a contract.

If you have a development team, you should try to make at least 2 of them professional each year. Given their longterm view, that's probably their way to make the team stronger. Maybe for the pave classics this year they'll buy a reinforcement, if Teunissen leaves.
janraaskalt

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing