Log in:  

Register

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

11 Oct 2018 10:37

Valv.Piti wrote:So this is what Quintana's career has come to....

Sorry man, he's just not old enough to go to Trek. They probably went to Movistar and said 'Valverde or bust'
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator
 
Posts: 15,675
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15

11 Oct 2018 11:04

Rowe extends with Sky, huge news :D
Vasilis
Member
 
Posts: 804
Joined: 04 May 2014 17:52

Re: Re:

11 Oct 2018 11:29

Red Rick wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:So this is what Quintana's career has come to....

Sorry man, he's just not old enough to go to Trek. They probably went to Movistar and said 'Valverde or bust'


I'd say it's same thing with all these grimpeur sized people, colombian and else. Bernal or Yates. From athletes fysiolgical side they are not winning horses if racing is something else than high mountaineous stage racing eg. hard vuelta or tdf. Long skinny cools down better, better mechanical efficiency, bigger internal organs, better internal organs/frontal area ratio.

But of course there is marketing and business in South America too and elsewhere, sooo.. :rolleyes: sorry typos
memyselfandI
Junior Member
 
Posts: 207
Joined: 04 Jun 2009 08:32

Re: Re:

11 Oct 2018 12:10

memyselfandI wrote:
Red Rick wrote:
Valv.Piti wrote:So this is what Quintana's career has come to....

Sorry man, he's just not old enough to go to Trek. They probably went to Movistar and said 'Valverde or bust'


I'd say it's same thing with all these grimpeur sized people, colombian and else. Bernal or Yates. From athletes fysiolgical side they are not winning horses if racing is something else than high mountaineous stage racing eg. hard vuelta or tdf. Long skinny cools down better, better mechanical efficiency, bigger internal organs, better internal organs/frontal area ratio.

But of course there is marketing and business in South America too and elsewhere, sooo.. :rolleyes: sorry typos

I think the relatively heavier bikes are a pretty huge deal. Being taller also means blood has to travel further, which means if you want to deliver oxygen at the same rate relative to the weight, the blood has to travel faster, which means more resistance.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator
 
Posts: 15,675
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

12 Oct 2018 07:06

Moreno Moser from Astana to Nippo - Vini Fantini
Tim Booth
Member
 
Posts: 402
Joined: 18 Aug 2017 08:13

12 Oct 2018 11:18

Wasn't there some talk a while back about how unfair it was that Bora wasn't going to extend with Pfingsten?
Well, they just did.

(Link also contains some other transfers, for a Friday bundle!)
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,819
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re:

12 Oct 2018 12:14

RedheadDane wrote:Wasn't there some talk a while back about how unfair it was that Bora wasn't going to extend with Pfingsten?
Well, they just did.

(Link also contains some other transfers, for a Friday bundle!)


Yes, there was :D
I'm really glad eventually Denk made the only good decision and has realized how much of a mistake it would have been!
Beobachter
Junior Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: 02 Jun 2016 12:34

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

13 Oct 2018 08:28

While originally planning to retire, the 38-year-old Spaniard Ruben Plaza, winner of the Tour de Castile-et-Leon in April, has decided to continue at Israel Cycling Academy for another year
Tim Booth
Member
 
Posts: 402
Joined: 18 Aug 2017 08:13

Re: Re:

13 Oct 2018 10:17

Beobachter wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Wasn't there some talk a while back about how unfair it was that Bora wasn't going to extend with Pfingsten?
Well, they just did.

(Link also contains some other transfers, for a Friday bundle!)


Yes, there was :D
I'm really glad eventually Denk made the only good decision and has realized how much of a mistake it would have been!


There are tons of guys as valuable as Pfingsten, for god's sake.
Roku
Junior Member
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 01 Aug 2016 19:08

Re: Re:

13 Oct 2018 15:02

Roku wrote:
Beobachter wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Wasn't there some talk a while back about how unfair it was that Bora wasn't going to extend with Pfingsten?
Well, they just did.

(Link also contains some other transfers, for a Friday bundle!)


Yes, there was :D
I'm really glad eventually Denk made the only good decision and has realized how much of a mistake it would have been!


There are tons of guys as valuable as Pfingsten, for god's sake.


Depends on what you mean by "valuable" :rolleyes:
Thankfully, it seems that some people within Bora have still some consideration for the work of worthy teammates (because, you know, teammates are human-beings that are a little more than just replaceable napkins as you tend to suggest).
Beobachter
Junior Member
 
Posts: 67
Joined: 02 Jun 2016 12:34

15 Oct 2018 16:03

Oliveiras to UAE
(Sorry, English link on the UAE FB page is broken…)

So now we have to deal with two sets of similar looking twins.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,819
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

15 Oct 2018 16:30

There will be too many Oliveiras .

Martins and Bennetts are at least all from different countries.
Wij steunen hem, tenzij hij niet genoeg fietst.
Anderis
Member
 
Posts: 1,809
Joined: 10 May 2013 20:16

15 Oct 2018 17:43

Rui and Ivo are at least related. So I'd say they're excused in having the same surname.

---

Anyway, Gregaard to Astana
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,819
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

16 Oct 2018 11:40

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
Akuryo wrote:
Tim Booth wrote:
Akuryo wrote:23 riders is a pretty small squad.

confirmed numbers for some other teams are even less
http://www.procyclingstats.com/teams/worldtour/2019


It is still 5 riders less than this year. So they probably wont race as much small races anymore.

Lefevre already confirmed this.


According to this article (Danish) Mikkel Honoré is in the squad next year:

http://sport.tv2.dk/cykling/2018-10-16-brian-holm-fortsaetter-i-cykelsporten-forlaenger-med-50-dage
User avatar el chava
Junior Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 14:34

16 Oct 2018 11:44

I think it might be smarter to wait for the actual - possible - confirmation from the team.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,819
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

16 Oct 2018 18:32

Klaas Lodewyck to Deceuninck ... as a DS. Probably cause Holm only wants to do part time.
User avatar Akuryo
Member
 
Posts: 1,544
Joined: 19 Apr 2014 10:20
Location: OWL, Germany

16 Oct 2018 18:41

User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,449
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re:

16 Oct 2018 19:26

RedheadDane wrote:I think it might be smarter to wait for the actual - possible - confirmation from the team.


It has been removed from the article, so maybe it was a mistake or a bit premature from the journalist.
User avatar el chava
Junior Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 14:34

Re:

16 Oct 2018 20:04


I'm quite surprised. I thought EF would have 27 riders in 2019 (based on Rapha's marketing materials) and that their roster had already been full without Dombrowski.

With Martinez (certain to stay according to CQ but not to PCS), Van Asbroeck and Sean Bennett it may go to as high as 29 and then they were also reported to have offered Rui Costa a deal too.
Wij steunen hem, tenzij hij niet genoeg fietst.
Anderis
Member
 
Posts: 1,809
Joined: 10 May 2013 20:16

Re: Re:

16 Oct 2018 21:07

el chava wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:I think it might be smarter to wait for the actual - possible - confirmation from the team.


It has been removed from the article, so maybe it was a mistake or a bit premature from the journalist.


Probably the latter. As far as I'm told, he's a Quickstepper next season.
User avatar Damiano
Junior Member
 
Posts: 186
Joined: 05 Sep 2010 19:48
Location: Sonderborg, Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eshnar, Gigs_98, Google Adsense [Bot], GuyIncognito, Red Rick, yaco and 40 guests

Back to top