Register

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

06 Jan 2019 21:14

markene2 wrote:I guess Tafi didnt find a team after all.. Or is there some new rumor or info out now?

He will be hosting a press conference some time in January. Maybe he's waiting for the wild cards to have been announced. It would be quite the bust if he found a team that in the end didn't get the invitation.
User avatar tobydawq

09 Jan 2019 13:44

Some Spanish sites are reporting that grandpa Rebellin has extended with Sovac.
Nirvana

09 Jan 2019 16:01

Should've picked him in the CQ game!
User avatar DJ Sprtsch

Re:

09 Jan 2019 17:05

DJ Sprtsch wrote:Should've picked him in the CQ game!

You got to wait a few years till he peaks! Basically still a talent and not fully developed yet so might not be worth the points at the moment.
User avatar Akuryo

09 Jan 2019 18:26

Gran Papi Hornerito continues with Team Illuminate for 2019.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re:

09 Jan 2019 19:58

Rollthedice wrote:Gran Papi Hornerito continues with Team Illuminate for 2019.

and another 47 year old, Manuel 'Triki' Beltrán will debut this year on February 10 in the Vuelta a Córdoba MTB, the first round of the Spanish Open XC Marathon
Tim Booth

09 Jan 2019 20:09

Bongiorno back with Neri Sottoli - Selle Italia - KTM from retirement
del1962
Veteran

Re:

10 Jan 2019 18:19

Nirvana wrote:Some Spanish sites are reporting that grandpa Rebellin has extended with Sovac.

Confirmed:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rebellin-races-on-with-algerian-team-sovac/
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

11 Jan 2019 21:58

EF reports the roster of 27 riders for 2019 (the number was already hinted months ago). Sergio Higuita is the one missing on their website. Were the reports about him joining the team premature or something else happened?
Wij steunen hem, tenzij hij niet genoeg fietst.
Anderis

Re:

13 Jan 2019 10:59

Anderis wrote:EF reports the roster of 27 riders for 2019 (the number was already hinted months ago). Sergio Higuita is the one missing on their website. Were the reports about him joining the team premature or something else happened?

I've heard he'll ride with Euskadi.
User avatar DNP-Old

13 Jan 2019 17:59

He is currently with the Euskadi Foundation at Calpe. I have no idea why because be should not fit into the team’s recruitment criteria.
Orodreth

Re:

15 Jan 2019 02:57

Orodreth wrote:He is currently with the Euskadi Foundation at Calpe. I have no idea why because be should not fit into the team’s recruitment criteria.

It looks like he is set to join in 2020 (you can find him listed on Procycling stats as a 2020 member).

Also on Villalobos - while he will ride some races later in 2019. He will be with the team full time in 2020 and 2021.
nedhill

Re: Re:

15 Jan 2019 09:15

nedhill wrote:
Orodreth wrote:He is currently with the Euskadi Foundation at Calpe. I have no idea why because be should not fit into the team’s recruitment criteria.

It looks like he is set to join in 2020 (you can find him listed on Procycling stats as a 2020 member).

That might well be an oversight. They removed his 2019 contract from database but might have forgotten about 2020. The reason why I think it's likely is because Higuita is still on the startlist of that Colombian race in February for EF.
Anderis

15 Jan 2019 09:56

Anderis wrote:
nedhill wrote:

That might well be an oversight. They removed his 2019 contract from database but might have forgotten about 2020. The reason why I think it's likely is because Higuita is still on the startlist of that Colombian race in February for EF.

Higuita & Villalobos not on UCI list of Education First riders
https://www.uci.org/road/teams/TeamDetail/10957/1000987/245
Tim Booth

15 Jan 2019 11:28

That's kind of what we know. They are both not EF riders ATM. If they were, they would be present on their official website.

The question is if Higuita is set to join EF at some point in the future. Villalobos, I'm pretty certain, he is. But I've actually never read a confirmation of Higuita's move to EF from any source I trust.
Anderis

Re:

15 Jan 2019 11:44

Anderis wrote:That's kind of what we know. They are both not EF riders ATM. If they were, they would be present on their official website.

The question is if Higuita is set to join EF at some point in the future. Villalobos, I'm pretty certain, he is. But I've actually never read a confirmation of Higuita's move to EF from any source I trust.

"If they were, they would be present on their official website"
website here - https://www.efprocycling.com/
where is any list of riders?
"Higuita's move to EF from any source I trust"
Googled 'Sergio Higuita education first'
You don't trust an awful lot of people.....
Tim Booth

15 Jan 2019 11:50

Tim Booth wrote:where is any list of riders?

You click the "menu" button in the top left corner and then you click the "about us" button from the ones that will appear.

Tim Booth wrote:You don't trust an awful lot of people.....

Isn't it basically a right thing to do in today's world that tends to overfeed us with often useless information?

Most of the google search results are in the languages I can't speak so obviously I can't say those are the sources I trust because I can't understand them. The fact that I didn't get any sources in English on the first page of my search has always been puzzling to me. Not that I think they're more reliable than others but it suggests the information has been treated more like a rumour than a reliable information by many of the cycling websites.
Anderis

15 Jan 2019 12:58

I have a bit of a question about mid-season transfers (of neo-pros).

Does the UCI rule about neo-pros getting at least two year contracts specifically stage two full years? I've noticed that all the mid-season neo-pros get exactly that; their "starter season" + at least two more years.
Now, you could argue that contracts starting from July start over half-way through the year, and obviously Mitchelton couldn't very well have gone in and claimed that 2018 was Robert Stannard's first season on the WT team.
But what about those signing from June? That's sorta on the edge.
What about Asgreen? He signed from April, could it have been argued that 2018 counted as a full season?
What if a team that already has a minimum of riders on contract run into a situation like Giant-Alpecin a few years ago, or Quickstep last year, and "lose" - at least temporarily - a bunch of riders in mid January, signing a new guy?
(Not sure if that last sentence made sense...)
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

15 Jan 2019 13:18

RedheadDane wrote:I have a bit of a question about mid-season transfers (of neo-pros).

Does the UCI rule about neo-pros getting at least two year contracts specifically stage two full years?

nope:

Contracts coming into force before 1 July of the registration year shall be valid at least until 31 December of the same year. For a new professional, the contract shall be valid until at least 31 December of the following registration year.

[...]

The status of new professional ends:
a. If the contract comes into force before 1 July: on 31 December of the subsequent registration year;
b. If the contract comes into force after 30 June: on 31 December of the second subsequent registration year.

https://www.uci.org/docs/default-source/rules-and-regulations/2018-joint-agreements.pdf?sfvrsn=653b794c_4

So Asgreen, for example, could have been dumped by the team at the end of this season.
User avatar search

15 Jan 2019 20:59

search wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:I have a bit of a question about mid-season transfers (of neo-pros).

Does the UCI rule about neo-pros getting at least two year contracts specifically stage two full years?

nope:

Contracts coming into force before 1 July of the registration year shall be valid at least until 31 December of the same year. For a new professional, the contract shall be valid until at least 31 December of the following registration year.

[...]

The status of new professional ends:
a. If the contract comes into force before 1 July: on 31 December of the subsequent registration year;
b. If the contract comes into force after 30 June: on 31 December of the second subsequent registration year.

https://www.uci.org/docs/default-source/rules-and-regulations/2018-joint-agreements.pdf?sfvrsn=653b794c_4

So Asgreen, for example, could have been dumped by the team at the end of this season.

Could he? Does it not say that for new professionals the contract is valid until the end of the next year - so in Asgreen's case the neo pro period would be 1 year 8 months as opposed to the regular 2 years.

Edit: sorry, you're saying he could be dumped at the end of 2019, I'm still living in 2018 :confused:
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing