Register

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

06 Jun 2018 21:53

Of course finding a guy who's bigger than Ewan is rather easy.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

06 Jun 2018 22:30

WheelofGear wrote:Is Zubelduo (Konrad/Buchmann) staying with Bora? Both seems stronger than Majka these days.. No way they want to dom for him.

They absolutely should stay with Bora. They get excellent opportunities to ride for themselves there, better than they would currently get at any similarly large team. Also Bora seem to invest in prospective leaders long term. It’s a good place to develop.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

07 Jun 2018 13:27

Valgren is in a contract year, and since nothing is yet announced, this close to TdF, I don't think it is a given, that he stays with Astana.

There are several of the GT focused teams, that could use a classics captain like Valgren, and some of them have more money than Astana.
Broccolidwarf

07 Jun 2018 19:23

Wherever he ends up, he deserves some good money. Not only can he win both hilly and cobbled classics, but his rolling skills combined with not being an awful climber make him a very good domestique for GTs, especially since teams numbers have got reduced and versatility counts for more than ever. He would be one of my main targets to sign if I were a WT team manager.
Wij steunen hem, tenzij hij niet genoeg fietst.
Anderis

Re:

07 Jun 2018 20:12

Anderis wrote:Wherever he ends up, he deserves some good money. Not only can he win both hilly and cobbled classics, but his rolling skills combined with not being an awful climber make him a very good domestique for GTs, especially since teams numbers have got reduced and versatility counts for more than ever. He would be one of my main targets to sign if I were a WT team manager.

Completely agree

For a GT captain, he can fill the role Kwiat is doing for Froome or Naesen is doing for Bardet...... or actually, that Valgren is already doing for Fuglsang.

BTW I think Fuglsangs performance at the tour, is a big decider for Valgren.

If Fuglsang takes a podium spot, Astana is sure to give his crew, another full ride to the tour next year, which may make Valgren want to stay, to both be a classics captain, and ride for the captain he wants in GTs.
Broccolidwarf

Re: Re:

07 Jun 2018 21:35

Broccolidwarf wrote:
Anderis wrote:Wherever he ends up, he deserves some good money. Not only can he win both hilly and cobbled classics, but his rolling skills combined with not being an awful climber make him a very good domestique for GTs, especially since teams numbers have got reduced and versatility counts for more than ever. He would be one of my main targets to sign if I were a WT team manager.

Completely agree

For a GT captain, he can fill the role Kwiat is doing for Froome or Naesen is doing for Bardet...... or actually, that Valgren is already doing for Fuglsang.

If Fuglsang takes a podium spot, Astana is sure to give his crew, another full ride to the tour next year, which may make Valgren want to stay, to both be a classics captain, and ride for the captain he wants in GTs.

So, what you're saying is that Valgren can do the job Valgren is doing? :p
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

07 Jun 2018 23:19

RedheadDane wrote:
Broccolidwarf wrote:

Completely agree

So, what you're saying is that Valgren can do the job Valgren is doing? :p

Yep - I'm clever that way :p

On a serious note, I am also saying it, because many don't notice what he is doing, so it deserves a mention.
Broccolidwarf

08 Jun 2018 07:07

Nobody does Valgren's job like Valgren! :cool:
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

08 Jun 2018 10:31

RedheadDane wrote:Nobody does Valgren's job like Valgren! :cool:

Garcia Cortina will out-Valgren Valgren in a couple of years time. Mohoric too.
laarsland

08 Jun 2018 11:00

laarsland wrote:

Garcia Cortina will out-Valgren Valgren in a couple of years time. Mohoric too.

At which point it will be Cortina's and Mohoric's jobs.

Otherwise, just imagine being Valgren; "Those guys are better at being me than I am!"
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

08 Jun 2018 11:11

We need a Michael Valgren is the new Michael Valgren thread.
Wij steunen hem, tenzij hij niet genoeg fietst.
Anderis

08 Jun 2018 14:43

The classics squad of QS is not getting younger with Terpstra and Gilbert in their mid 30s. Maybe adding Valgren for next season is exactly what they need. With his versatility he could fill a lot of spots.
User avatar Akuryo

Re:

08 Jun 2018 16:46

RedheadDane wrote:Of course finding a guy who's bigger than Ewan is rather easy.

Bigger than Sieberg in volume :) (since that's what matters for the drafting wake)
User avatar GuyIncognito

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

08 Jun 2018 17:40

Prediction Valgren to Sky. With Standard leaving.
User avatar Oliwright

08 Jun 2018 18:57

GuyIncognito wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Of course finding a guy who's bigger than Ewan is rather easy.

Bigger than Sieberg in volume :) (since that's what matters for the drafting wake)

Well, Sieberg is taller, Kluge is heavier, dunno about their respective volumes.
However, my point was that a few centimetres here, or a few kilos there doesn't really matter much; practically everybody is bigger than Ewan.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

08 Jun 2018 20:21

Dennis, Bauhaus & Teunissen to Bahrain
MatParker117

Re:

08 Jun 2018 20:39

MatParker117 wrote:Dennis, Bauhaus & Teunissen to Bahrain

eh!???
pastronef

08 Jun 2018 20:49

MatParker117

09 Jun 2018 02:53

Interesting that Dennis is leaving BMC after being expected to stay. Does this mean that the story from the Dutch media re new sponsors for BMC was just a rumor ? BMC refused to comment on the story at the time during the Giro. A move by Porte would ring some alarm bells for other riders on the team you would think.........I can't think of a reason why BMC wouldn't clarify the news, if anything you would think it would boost morale on the team.
movingtarget
Veteran

09 Jun 2018 04:57

Cyclingnews has started to use Beppe Conti as a source for transfer news :D
Nirvana

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing