Register

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

09 Oct 2018 18:10

Jagartrott wrote:
Red Rick wrote:"I paid Vakoc the whole year, I did not need to do that"

Gracious as always.

It's true though.

I would say it depends on the specifics of the contract
Vasilis

09 Oct 2018 18:11

Jagartrott wrote:

Gracious as always.

It's true though.

Since Vakoc was under contract for the whole year, it's not really as if Léfévére had the freedom not to respect that contract :rolleyes:
(or that would mean he makes his riders to sign some clause where they allow the big boss to fire them if they can't ride for x months. Which would be even more shameful imo)
Beobachter

09 Oct 2018 18:16

Beobachter wrote:
Jagartrott wrote:

Gracious as always.

It's true though.

Since Vakoc was under contract for the whole year, it's not really as if Léfévére had the freedom not to respect that contract :rolleyes:

When there is a long inactivity, a team must not pay the whole salary. :)
Bakkie

09 Oct 2018 18:19

In Denmark, an employer has the right to fire an employee if he has 120 days of leave in a year.

But in a sport as riskful as cycling, I would be surprised if they can just fire riders if they are injured four months. I wouldn't know, though.
User avatar tobydawq

09 Oct 2018 18:22

Beobachter wrote:Since Vakoc was under contract for the whole year, it's not really as if Léfévére had the freedom not to respect that contract :rolleyes:
(or that would mean he makes his riders to sign some clause where they allow the big boss to fire them if they can't ride for x months. Which would be even more shameful imo)

This is not about getting fired. You think a company keeps paying an employee on extended sick leave?
Er, no. Social security (or insurer). And that fee is normally significantly lower than your actual wage (in Belgium for example around 60%).
User avatar Jagartrott

Re:

09 Oct 2018 18:38

tobydawq wrote:In Denmark, an employer has the right to fire an employee if he has 120 days of leave in a year.

But in a sport as riskful as cycling, I would be surprised if they can just fire riders if they are injured four months. I wouldn't know, though.

If riders are inactive for 3 months, their wage can be reduced with 50%, if inactive for 6 months, teams are allowed to disband their contract.
rghysens

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

09 Oct 2018 18:58

Mayomaniac wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:
memyselfandI wrote:https://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/wielertransfers-2019-hanninen-scotson-florez-warnier/

Scotson to Groupama-FDJ and his Brother Callum rides for Mitchelton-Scott 2019-2020.

Jaakko Hänninen who took bronze in Innsbruck has done strong season at French amateur team EC Saint-Etienne Loire, #1 at U23 ranking. Rumours going around him linked Ag2R maybe?

I would've expected FDJ, with Veikkanen being a DS there and them having had Fins in the past.

Yes, but rumour has it that it's actually Ag2R.

Ulissi just resigned with UAE for 2 more years.
Source: http://www.cicloweb.it/2018/10/05/diego-ulissiuae-team-emirates-ufficiale-il-rinnovo-biennale/
I would have liked to see him on a different team, I feel like he could be much better on a better team and if he was willing to work with them on his weaknesses (bike handling skills and not being great at staying near the front).

As a fan, how do you notice something like that?
All the data seems to support your assertion, the longer a race is the worse he does which squares perfectly with wasting energy.
User avatar GuyIncognito

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

09 Oct 2018 20:36

GuyIncognito wrote:
Mayomaniac wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:
memyselfandI wrote:https://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/wielertransfers-2019-hanninen-scotson-florez-warnier/

Scotson to Groupama-FDJ and his Brother Callum rides for Mitchelton-Scott 2019-2020.

Jaakko Hänninen who took bronze in Innsbruck has done strong season at French amateur team EC Saint-Etienne Loire, #1 at U23 ranking. Rumours going around him linked Ag2R maybe?

I would've expected FDJ, with Veikkanen being a DS there and them having had Fins in the past.

Yes, but rumour has it that it's actually Ag2R.

Ulissi just resigned with UAE for 2 more years.
Source: http://www.cicloweb.it/2018/10/05/diego-ulissiuae-team-emirates-ufficiale-il-rinnovo-biennale/
I would have liked to see him on a different team, I feel like he could be much better on a better team and if he was willing to work with them on his weaknesses (bike handling skills and not being great at staying near the front).

As a fan, how do you notice something like that?
All the data seems to support your assertion, the longer a race is the worse he does which squares perfectly with wasting energy.

He has a rep for not being a god descender and is usually not near the front in a hectic race, I remember seeing him descending with his hans n the hoods in a smaller italian one day race at the start of the season (the weather was rather bad) 2 years ago, that looked pretty bad.
In an old interview even his father mentioned the fact that he has always been a bad descender.
Source: http://www.cinquantamila.it/storyTellerArticolo.php?storyId=0000002274529
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

09 Oct 2018 21:28

Thumbs up, thanks
User avatar GuyIncognito

10 Oct 2018 09:33

Bakkie wrote:
Lexman wrote:
Bakkie wrote:Narvaez to SKY. Quickstep will not buy new riders. Team (23) is complete.
Vakoc= renewed contract if doctors gives green light about his health.

where did you read that?

Lefevre told it in the belgian news paper, HLN. Click on the picture for a bigger size.

thanks a lot !
User avatar Lexman

10 Oct 2018 10:32

Xavi Cañellas turns pro with Caja. Watch out for this kid, he is rapid.
User avatar DNP-Old

10 Oct 2018 19:33

23 riders is a pretty small squad. I really hoped they could get more support for Mas in the mountains. So next year he has Serry, Devenyns, Knox, Capecchi (?), and in some races maybe Alaphilippe/Jungels if their ego allows it. That is not a lot (in terms of quantity and quality!). But then again, look at Sunwebs team that was able to win the Giro ...
User avatar Akuryo

Re:

10 Oct 2018 20:21

Akuryo wrote:23 riders is a pretty small squad.

confirmed numbers for some other teams are even less
http://www.procyclingstats.com/teams/worldtour/2019
Tim Booth

10 Oct 2018 20:41

Tim Booth wrote:

It is still 5 riders less than this year. So they probably wont race as much small races anymore.
User avatar Akuryo

10 Oct 2018 20:52

Tim Booth wrote:

I think this might simply be an - not quite updated - list of riders who are confirmed so far, not the final list of riders.
For example Sosa is listed under Trek.
Also, some of the ProConti teams have an insanely low amount of riders. Such as... Manzana…
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

10 Oct 2018 23:03

Akuryo wrote:
Tim Booth wrote:

It is still 5 riders less than this year. So they probably wont race as much small races anymore.

Lefevre already confirmed this.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

10 Oct 2018 23:45

(Wrong thread)
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

11 Oct 2018 08:29

User avatar Lexman

11 Oct 2018 10:12

Interesting article in Polish about CCC: https://www.przegladsportowy.pl/kolarstwo/kolarstwo-szosowe/kolarstwo-ccc-chce-namieszac-w-elicie/pfj8feg?utm_source=przegladsportowy_viasg&utm_medium=nitro&utm_campaign=allonet_nitro_new&srcc=ucs&utm_v=2

In summary:
- The roster will have 26 riders, including 5 Polish riders. As 3 Polish riders have already been confirmed, the remaining 2 will come from the current CCC pro-conti team.
- The deal with Sergio Henao was almost done, but UAE were able to come with the better offer at the last minute.
- They talked with Majka but he had a valid contract with Bora.
- Apparently, Nairo Quintana's manager offered him to CCC, despite a valid contract with Movistar, but according to the team, "he didn't fit into the project".
Wij steunen hem, tenzij hij niet genoeg fietst.
Anderis

11 Oct 2018 10:28

So this is what Quintana's career has come to....
"Es el mejor con y sin"
WORLD CHAMPION
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing