Log in:  

Register

Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

06 Jul 2018 14:32

Rollthedice wrote:
b.broadhurst wrote:Rumours going around Tour presentation today is that G will be leaving Sky at the end of the season.

Expected arrivals are Pinot, Caruso and Amador.

Rumours of Izagirre brothers again, they tried to get them a couple of years ago.


Apparently Caruso at Bahrain is done deal.


But they're aren't telling us yet. They're telling us that they'll tell us… :cool:
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,273
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re:

06 Jul 2018 14:35

Laplaz wrote:Caruso is a great man for Bahrain and for Nibali. If Cataldo would also go there it would even be better. And Sosa. And Ciccone.


Any more names you wanna throw in there? :D
Salvarani
Member
 
Posts: 547
Joined: 15 Oct 2017 15:25

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

06 Jul 2018 14:59

DNP-Old wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:
b.broadhurst wrote:Rumours going around Tour presentation today is that G will be leaving Sky at the end of the season.

Expected arrivals are Pinot, Caruso and Amador.

Rumours of Izagirre brothers again, they tried to get them a couple of years ago.


Apparently Caruso at Bahrain is done deal.

Teuns and Sieberg too.


https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180706_03600649
pastronef
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,275
Joined: 19 Aug 2011 08:25
Location: Italia

Re: Re:

06 Jul 2018 15:38

Salvarani wrote:
Laplaz wrote:Caruso is a great man for Bahrain and for Nibali. If Cataldo would also go there it would even be better. And Sosa. And Ciccone.


Any more names you wanna throw in there? :D

Yes, Conci maybe :D
Riposa in pace, Michele!
User avatar Laplaz
Member
 
Posts: 1,247
Joined: 06 Apr 2016 08:06

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

07 Jul 2018 09:35

Wrong info....teuns to bahrain is not a done deal.
Source teuns himself. He prefers to wait on bmc and see what happens
Lo squalo di messina
Junior Member
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 05 Sep 2017 17:05

07 Jul 2018 09:39

Caruso to Sky seems rather unlikely -- he served a doping suspension. Don't Sky still have a policy against hiring people with past convictions?
rlntlssly
Junior Member
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 22 Jul 2017 12:58

Re:

07 Jul 2018 09:58

rlntlssly wrote:Caruso to Sky seems rather unlikely -- he served a doping suspension. Don't Sky still have a policy against hiring people with past convictions?


Wasn't that Giampaolo Caruso?
User avatar tobydawq
Member
 
Posts: 1,364
Joined: 16 Nov 2013 18:45
Location: Denmark

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

07 Jul 2018 10:15

Moviefan1203 wrote:
b.broadhurst wrote:Rumours going around Tour presentation today is that G will be leaving Sky at the end of the season.

Expected arrivals are Pinot, Caruso and Amador.

Rumours of Izagirre brothers again, they tried to get them a couple of years ago.


That would be quite the haul to restock the farm.

Like every bloody year :rolleyes:
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,233
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

07 Jul 2018 10:16

Rollthedice wrote:
b.broadhurst wrote:Rumours going around Tour presentation today is that G will be leaving Sky at the end of the season.

Expected arrivals are Pinot, Caruso and Amador.

Rumours of Izagirre brothers again, they tried to get them a couple of years ago.


Apparently Caruso at Bahrain is done deal.

So that casts doubt on those other 'expected arrivals' as well, good.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,233
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re:

08 Jul 2018 21:31

Zinoviev Letter wrote:Bora extends their sponsorship deal with the Bora Hansgrohe team until 2021.

I’m not particularly surprised. I maintain that Bora have probably got the best value of out of cycling sponsorship of any current commercial sponsor in recent years. They were footing the bill for running a top end PCT team on their own, then they effectively moved to splitting a WT budget three ways with Hansgrohe and Specialized. That has meant vastly more exposure for probably not all that much more money, particularly through Sagan whose salary they don’t even have to pay.

They are also about the right size of a company with about the right international spread of operations for cycling to actually make sense as a way of increasing brand profile.


Hansgrohe have now also announced an extension of their title sponsorship until 2020.

Bora seem from the outside to be as well run as cycling teams currently get. These days genuine commercial sponsors are rare in the World Tour. Most WT teams are financed as rich men’s toys, as quasi national outfits, by national lotteries or by bike brands and most of the exceptions are long term legacy sponsors. Bora Hansgrohe have managed to bring in two new commercial sponsors and keep them both around for the long haul.

Of course it helps having Specialized on board, bringing Sagan. And being German also helps - they are from a large rich country which has a lot of companies that want to become Continental scale brands and which doesn’t have rival pro teams. But they’ve done a very good job in getting results, both big ones (this year already they’ve taken stage wins in their fourth and fifth consecutive GTs and won Paris Roubaix) and smaller but sponsor relevant ones (like winning the German and Austrian nationals last week).
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,944
Joined: 18 Aug 2010 13:18

09 Jul 2018 05:34

Wout van Aert close to a deal with... LottoNL Jumbo. According to De Telegraaf. Huge surprise if they can pull that off
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,333
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

Re:

09 Jul 2018 08:07

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Wout van Aert close to a deal with... LottoNL Jumbo. According to De Telegraaf. Huge surprise if they can pull that off

Belgian media now saying that Van Aert will honour his contract with Crelan.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,805
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re: Re:

09 Jul 2018 08:27

DNP-Old wrote:Van Aert will honour his contract with Crelan

More likely: "Van Aert will accept an improved contract and stays with Crelan"
janraaskalt
Member
 
Posts: 919
Joined: 03 Jan 2010 10:41

09 Jul 2018 09:48

Lampaert renews with QST.
Bakkie
Junior Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 25 Aug 2015 13:39

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

10 Jul 2018 00:41

I've heard that the BMC/ Dimension Data relationship is more a merger of the two than just a bike supplier arrangement.
bikeit
New Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 21 Dec 2010 01:55
Location: Canberra, Aust

Re:

10 Jul 2018 01:10

Bakkie wrote:Lampaert renews with QST.



Good news for QS. TY
User avatar Koronin
Member
 
Posts: 1,815
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: Transfers and Rumours 2018 > 2019

10 Jul 2018 01:35

bikeit wrote:I've heard that the BMC/ Dimension Data relationship is more a merger of the two than just a bike supplier arrangement.


Interesting.
User avatar Moviefan1203
Member
 
Posts: 779
Joined: 17 Apr 2010 14:10
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2018 12:36

DNP-Old wrote:
Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Wout van Aert close to a deal with... LottoNL Jumbo. According to De Telegraaf. Huge surprise if they can pull that off

Belgian media now saying that Van Aert will honour his contract with Crelan.

HLN today saying that Sky are very serious and would be fine with Van Aert combining the road with the cross.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,805
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2018 13:04

DNP-Old wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Wout van Aert close to a deal with... LottoNL Jumbo. According to De Telegraaf. Huge surprise if they can pull that off

Belgian media now saying that Van Aert will honour his contract with Crelan.

HLN today saying that Sky are very serious and would be fine with Van Aert combining the road with the cross.


Sky does have a track record of allowing team-members to ride other disciplines.
yaco
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,147
Joined: 20 Jun 2015 17:57

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2018 15:04

yaco wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
Dekker_Tifosi wrote:Wout van Aert close to a deal with... LottoNL Jumbo. According to De Telegraaf. Huge surprise if they can pull that off

Belgian media now saying that Van Aert will honour his contract with Crelan.

HLN today saying that Sky are very serious and would be fine with Van Aert combining the road with the cross.


Sky does have a track record of allowing team-members to ride other disciplines.


Swift, Thomas, Kennaugh, Viviani have all won world or Olympic titles on the track while on Sky.
MatParker117
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,902
Joined: 28 Aug 2012 22:05

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 120mmStem, 70kmph, aarononymous, AICA ribonucleotide, alspacka, Ap1, archa55, Aristarchus, Armchair cyclist, barmaher, Billie, Bing [Bot], BlackWhiteEagle, Blobs, bob.a.feet, Bye Bye Bicycle, Cance > TheRest, Cancelled, cantalupe, Ciddaman, Cinemaniak, Climbing, clydesdale, Corrections, DanielSong39, davebqvst, DDavies, Dekker_Tifosi, DFA123, dfromdub, dgodave, dubexcalibur, Eclipse, euphrades, Finn84, Flax_Generous, Forever The Best, franic, glassmoon, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Googolplex, halfnormal, hfer07, Hugo Koblet, ice&fire, IndianCyclist, infeXio, JackRabbitSlims, jaylew, jsem94, JThomas, Kazistuta, Logic-is-your-friend, LosBrolin, Melo, MightyWheelSucker, mojomonkey, momus, Moose McKnuckles, mrgorilla, MuskyOurSaviour, OmieeZF, ontheroad, Pantani Attacks, pitchnduel, ppanther92, Põhja Konn, RattaKuningas, Red Rick, rghysens, rick james, rlntlssly, Rollthedice, ruamruam, Salvarani, saneguy, Scarponi, Screecher, Singer01, slosada, SoNiK4, spalco, StephenC2020, Suck_Out, sulgpallur, T-Nielsen, Tank Engine, The Blues, The Hitch, The Tristero, therhodeo, vcampbell, vedrafjord, vino2001, VO2 Max, woodburn, Zinoviev Letter and 676 guests

Back to top