Log in:  

Register

2018 Strade Bianche, 1.UWT, 03.03.18

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

27 Feb 2018 20:18

repre wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:Sagan to ride Strade.

Sagan to win Strade.

This would be quite surprising, without having raced for a month.
Kwiatkowski is favourite in my book, and I wouldn't underestimate Vanmarcke here.
User avatar Jagartrott
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,621
Joined: 15 Apr 2014 13:37

Re: Re:

27 Feb 2018 20:21

Jagartrott wrote:
repre wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:Sagan to ride Strade.

Sagan to win Strade.

This would be quite surprising, without having raced for a month.
Kwiatkowski is favourite in my book, and I wouldn't underestimate Vanmarcke here.

If he is as strong as when he returned to racing in February last year after a month off, I think he'll be quite fine.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,997
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

27 Feb 2018 20:49

Very hard to see past Kwiatkowski and Stybar, especially if the weather remains muddy. I really hope that Van Aert competes as good as he showed on KBK. That guy might be a gem for this race! What about Lutsenko? I'm still in da hypetrain.
Krokro
Member
 
Posts: 567
Joined: 25 Apr 2016 13:09
Location: Strasbourg, France

Re:

27 Feb 2018 22:37

Krokro wrote:Very hard to see past Kwiatkowski and Stybar, especially if the weather remains muddy. I really hope that Van Aert competes as good as he showed on KBK. That guy might be a gem for this race! What about Lutsenko? I'm still in da hypetrain.



Agreed. Those two have the be the favorites regardless of anyone else going including a Sagan that hasn't raced much. Movistar said they'll make a decision tomorrow on their lineup, however they did say Valverde has never been on their list of riders to go even though he's said he wants to go. (He's also sick at the moment so that actually may give them the excuse to not send him to ensure he gets healthy.)
User avatar Koronin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,711
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 01:42
Location: North Carolina, USA


28 Feb 2018 02:03

I'm really interested to see how the tt'ers will go. Along with PR, seems to be a course they can do well on. Last year Dumoulin and Durbridge came 5th and 6th respectively. Maybe you need just a little more punch though??

Kwia looks in very good nick - my money is on him.
User avatar The Hegelian
Member
 
Posts: 871
Joined: 06 Jul 2014 09:18

Re:

28 Feb 2018 08:09

The Hegelian wrote:I'm really interested to see how the tt'ers will go. Along with PR, seems to be a course they can do well on. Last year Dumoulin and Durbridge came 5th and 6th respectively. Maybe you need just a little more punch though??

Kwia looks in very good nick - my money is on him.


Definately more punch is needed, besides the mud there are also steep climbs.
User avatar Kwibus
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,515
Joined: 25 May 2010 05:54
Location: the Netherlands

28 Feb 2018 08:18

Weather forecast is changing. Could be still raining on Saturday.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,241
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

Re: 2018 Strade Bianche, 1.UWT, 03.03.18

28 Feb 2018 13:25

torcia_86
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 14 Oct 2015 15:53
Location: siena , italia

Re: Re:

28 Feb 2018 14:27

TourOfSardinia wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Image

Che bello :)

Yes, great photo. Sadly, the snow will be gone before the race.
winkybiker
Member
 
Posts: 1,105
Joined: 30 Jun 2012 14:59
Location: Vancouver, BC.

28 Feb 2018 15:09

no Michael Mattews at the start, he hurt his shoulder at a crash in Omloop, not sure if he can participate in Tirreno either..
User avatar Lexman
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,872
Joined: 02 Jul 2011 20:34
Location: Oise (France)

Re: Re:

28 Feb 2018 15:27

Jagartrott wrote:
repre wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:Sagan to ride Strade.

Sagan to win Strade.

This would be quite surprising, without having raced for a month.
Kwiatkowski is favourite in my book, and I wouldn't underestimate Vanmarcke here.


Prohibitive favorite I think.
Son of Amsterhammer
Member
 
Posts: 647
Joined: 29 Jun 2015 18:58

28 Feb 2018 16:22

I'm expecting Stybar, Kwiatkowski and Vanmarcke to be the strongest riders.

I'd love to see Van Aert play a role in the finale, but I'd be surprised if he would.
Jns
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Feb 2018 09:13

Re:

28 Feb 2018 16:51

Jns wrote:I'm expecting Stybar, Kwiatkowski and Vanmarcke to be the strongest riders.

I'd love to see Van Aert play a role in the finale, but I'd be surprised if he would.

I wouldn't be surprised if Van Aert actually finishes top 10 or top 5
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 24,165
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

28 Feb 2018 17:26

I see Moscon is very underrated here for Saturday, but actually i can see him winning this. Other dark horses are Bardet, Benoot and Bettiol.
Riposa in pace, Michele!
User avatar Laplaz
Member
 
Posts: 1,627
Joined: 06 Apr 2016 08:06

Re: Re:

28 Feb 2018 17:51

winkybiker wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Image

Che bello :)

Yes, great photo. Sadly, the snow will be gone before the race.


Why's that sad? When snow melts it becomes water, which - together with dirt and gravel - becomes mud! :cool:
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 10,202
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

28 Feb 2018 18:38

I don't really get the tendency in this thread to not see Sagan as a clear favorite for this race. Did you see how he bossed Omloop (except the sprint) last year in his first race after Sierra Nevada?

He is going to be very difficult to keep up with this Saturday, I think.
User avatar tobydawq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,670
Joined: 16 Nov 2013 18:45
Location: Denmark

Re: 2018 Strade Bianche, 1.UWT, 03.03.18

28 Feb 2018 18:46

Bicycling.com says it wont turn into a mud pit because of the sterrati being covered in stones. I expect this meme race will be even worse than usual if weather is bad. As far as I can tell the appeal of this event is nobody is on form or cares so there's always always an extra early selection and you see above average TV time for famous riders. I know that everyone is trying to convince me that riders want to win this event. I guess I just don't get it and that's fine but to me this is like watching an out of season hammer series competition except nobody compares hammer series to the classics.
User avatar myrideissteelerthanyours
Member
 
Posts: 488
Joined: 23 Mar 2010 05:39

Re: 2018 Strade Bianche, 1.UWT, 03.03.18

28 Feb 2018 18:49

myrideissteelerthanyours wrote:Bicycling.com says it wont turn into a mud pit because of the sterrati being covered in stones. I expect this meme race will be even worse than usual if weather is bad. As far as I can tell the appeal of this event is nobody is on form or cares so there's always always an extra early selection and you see above average TV time for famous riders. I know that everyone is trying to convince me that riders want to win this event. I guess I just don't get it and that's fine but to me this is like watching an out of season hammer series competition except nobody compares hammer series to the classics.


Lol.
User avatar tobydawq
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,670
Joined: 16 Nov 2013 18:45
Location: Denmark

28 Feb 2018 19:10

Wtf did I just read?
Krokro
Member
 
Posts: 567
Joined: 25 Apr 2016 13:09
Location: Strasbourg, France

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: archa55, Armchair cyclist, armchairclimber, Google Adsense [Bot], Tim Booth and 36 guests

Back to top