Register

The New Danish Generation

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

08 Oct 2018 20:47

Mads Pedersen was 5th in Dwaars and won stages in Herald Sun Tour and Tour of Denmark. But yeah... sometimes consistency comes with age. He's still only 22.
Baldinger

08 Oct 2018 20:55

I actually remember watching some award show back in 2015. The U23 team - consisting of the time of guys like Mads P, Mads W, Søren Kragh - won some kind of award. Well… those guys have joined the big boy's club, just need for Mads W to catch up.
And then Mads P broke the trophy... :lol:
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

08 Oct 2018 20:59

Baldinger wrote:Mads Pedersen was 5th in Dwaars and won stages in Herald Sun Tour and Tour of Denmark. But yeah... sometimes consistency comes with age. He's still only 22.

In retrospect it was a clear mistake sending him to the Giro after such a long spring. Of course the team had put him on a schedule and couldnt know he would be so strong during the spring but he had been in nice shape and riding well from January through april and he seemed very tired after Roubaix. I believe going to the Giro took a toll on him for the rest of the season.

It might benefit him next year perhaps though, who knows
Bushman

08 Oct 2018 21:07

I think you're right... but then again. He didn't look that tired when he made his move on the last hill in l'Eurometropole. That was impressive.
Baldinger

Previous

Return to Professional road racing