Register

Giro 2018 2nd Rest Day - Winner Poll

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Who will win the overall?

Poll ended at 15 May 2018 16:40

Yates
22%
Chaves
16%
Dumoulin
35%
Pinot
22%
Pozzovivo
1%
Carapaz
1%
Lopez
No votes
Froome
3%
Aru
No votes
Others
No votes

Total votes : 118

Re:

14 May 2018 19:30

Red Rick wrote:For me Froome and MAL are the only ones out of contention after the first week

With all the mountains coming up (and potentially some rest day magic ;) ) I wouldn't count anybody out yet. So far it has mainly been group rides to the top of the last climb. It doesn't mean much. A lot of people have faded from looking great the first week.

If anybody still has legs (and courage) by then, stage 20 can turn this race upside down.
User avatar Squire

14 May 2018 19:38

It has been very hard group rides, yeah. Lots of relatively high tempo grinding, its taking its toil as well, but obviously very hard to make significant gaps.. but we all knew that going in looking at the route. It has been raced rather aggressively by Astana and MS - both teams have been going for stage wins, the at least the favourites have fighted for the stage wins on all the MTFs, pretty much. So that has been good and probably deceptively hard for everyone.

Won't discount Lopez or Froome either. Still completely open, 2 minutes is nothing with the 4-5 hard stages coming up.
User avatar Valv.Piti

14 May 2018 19:50

The only one that I would count out is Froome. And not because of the hard stages to come. I would count him out because he hasn't shown anything yet but fading. I doubt that he will come back under these circumstances.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

Previous

Return to Professional road racing