Register

2018 Giro d'Italia - STAGE 10: Penne – Gualdo Tadino 239 km

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: 2018 Giro d'Italia - STAGE 10: Penne – Gualdo Tadino 239

15 May 2018 15:55

staubsauger wrote:
46&twoWheels wrote:Froome's italian is good. Definitely humanizes him :p HE put a tombstone on Chaves when asked about today's stage "yeah, the only man that LOST today was Chaves". Clear and simple

Apparently Chaves was having issues with pollen allergie today. Meanwhile Froome was caught just using his asthma puffer completely shameless live on TV. He should **** himself and dissappear!

So he' still using? Addiction is a disease in itself.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

15 May 2018 15:56

staubsauger wrote:
46&twoWheels wrote:Froome's italian is good. Definitely humanizes him :p HE put a tombstone on Chaves when asked about today's stage "yeah, the only man that LOST today was Chaves". Clear and simple

Apparently Chaves was having issues with pollen allergie today. Meanwhile Froome was caught just using his asthma puffer completely shameless live on TV. He should **** himself and dissappear!

Did you just make this completely up or did it actually happen?
ontheroad

Re: Re:

Stella0596 wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:I couldn't watch the stage today. Can anyone provide a quick summary? :)

Very happy to see Mohoric win! :) What a great rider he's become. But I also feel sorry for Denz. :(

Will have to watch the highlights later

Chaves distanced early, lost over 25 minutes.
Rest of the favourites finished together.

And Dumoulin had a small crash on the last descend but could return easily.

I chose only to include the things that had a direct influence on the result today.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Re:

yaco wrote:Such tactical ineptitude from Androni - The team had no idea when to attack - The way the stage was raced in the first 140 kms, always gave a breakaway a chance in the final part of the stage.

They were a little bit unlucky, Frapporti was taken with 400m from the KOM and he's a good descender. For the rest they don't have someone who could match Mohoric. Maybe they should have put someone with Denz.
EroicaStradeBianche

wouterkaas wrote:
staubsauger wrote:

It’s perfectly within the rules to use it with proper dosage?

Which is why I referred to it as "shameless" as it literally screams: "I'm allowed, I'm allowed!"

But let's not spread this discussion here. Should've repressed myself criticizing it here. Sorry!

(Feel free to delete mods, I was a little too late.)
User avatar staubsauger

15 May 2018 16:00

wouterkaas wrote:
staubsauger wrote:

It’s perfectly within the rules to use it with proper dosage?

Yes just like any other asthmatic rider.
movingtarget
Veteran

15 May 2018 16:01

Rollthedice wrote:
staubsauger wrote:

So he' still using? Addiction is a disease in itself.

It's not heroin. How many other riders are doing the same ?
movingtarget
Veteran

15 May 2018 16:14

Stella0596 wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:I couldn't watch the stage today. Can anyone provide a quick summary? :)

Very happy to see Mohoric win! :) What a great rider he's become. But I also feel sorry for Denz. :(

It wasn't a small crash according to Dumoulin. He went down pretty hard.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

15 May 2018 16:22

staubsauger wrote:

Where'd you see this?
User avatar DNP-Old

15 May 2018 16:32

DNP-Old wrote:
staubsauger wrote:

Where'd you see this?

There was a slow motion with him taking a puff wasn't it? They even curled it and Leclercq was mute for a few seconds. Or was that only a power bar? But why would they put a curl around the bar and show a slow-motion of Froome eating it?
User avatar staubsauger

15 May 2018 16:38

staubsauger wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
staubsauger wrote:

Where'd you see this?

There was a slow motion with him taking a puff wasn't it? They even curled it and Leclercq was mute for a few seconds. Or was that only a power bar? But why would they put a curl around the bar and show a slow-motion of Froome eating it?

Ive only seen a slow mo of Froome talking in his mic.
User avatar Kwibus
Veteran

15 May 2018 16:40

staubsauger wrote:

Sure about that? I want video proof.
WheelofGear

15 May 2018 16:41

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:
Stella0596 wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:

It wasn't a small crash according to Dumoulin. He went down pretty hard.

Yes I'm seeing that now, that's just what Sunweb reported at that time. Hope we're not having Dumoulin going down the same road as Froome.
Stella0596

15 May 2018 16:47

Kwibus wrote:
staubsauger wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:
staubsauger wrote:

Where'd you see this?

Ive only seen a slow mo of Froome talking in his mic.

If so, I honestly apologize for my misinterpretation! But why would they draw a curl around his microphone? Or was that a hallucination?
User avatar staubsauger

Re:

15 May 2018 16:57

Zinoviev Letter wrote:Bennett should be seriously annoyed with his team after being the only sprinter to make the lead group.

I think you're being too harsh on Bora. This was a leg breaking stage and nobody had much left in the tank. The final was lumpy too. Impossible to control unless you have a team full of big engines (which Bora clearly is not).
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran

Re:

15 May 2018 16:57

The Chicken wrote:I'm actually pleased Chavez has been dropped hard. It's a kind of justice what with him costing Yates so much time on Etna.

Now we see the motivation behind your ridiculous posts. Yates made the decision on his own and IMO it was the correct one.
User avatar Angliru
Veteran

15 May 2018 17:05

Angliru wrote:
The Chicken wrote:I'm actually pleased Chavez has been dropped hard. It's a kind of justice what with him costing Yates so much time on Etna.

Now we see the motivation behind your ridiculous posts. Yates made the decision on his own and IMO it was the correct one.

This!
I was wondering as well.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

15 May 2018 17:17

Angliru wrote:

All the ridiculous posts started with this one.
Then it went downhill from there.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

15 May 2018 17:24

Eh??
The Chicken

15 May 2018 17:26

Who is Chavez? The deceased Venezuelan president?

The guy is called Chaves. Show some respect
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing