Log in:  

Register

2018 Giro d'Italia stage 11: Assisi – Osimo 156 km

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

16 May 2018 15:00

Froome should lose 30 minutes tomorrow and go stage hunting in week 3. I don't thnk he will though.
User avatar SlickMongoose
Member
 
Posts: 692
Joined: 17 Sep 2014 19:26

Re:

16 May 2018 15:00

The Chicken wrote:It would make a mockery of the event and the sport if Dumoulin were to win this. He never animates the race, never attacks, all he can do is his specialism which is riding along in a straight line on his own on the flat. What a joke. For the good of the event, Yates needs to win this, or at least anyone but Dumoulin.

Meanwhile applauding Yates for riding agressive for basically doing Purito's for 2 weeks now.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator
 
Posts: 15,311
Joined: 20 Feb 2012 18:15

16 May 2018 15:01

Impressed by DUMO. Yates looks extremely strong still. Pinot a little disappointing today but not a disaster. We can finally write off Froome.
Exciting last few km although I would have liked to see Luisle win.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,560
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

16 May 2018 15:01

Too bad for Domenico... Another very good display, but Yates was just too explosive for him. The Briton is really awesome. Dumoulin seems to be on the right track. This Giro is a real rising crescendo. Looking forward to the mountains this weekend.
User avatar Ivan_Basso_77
Junior Member
 
Posts: 87
Joined: 25 Nov 2012 18:19
Location: Karlovo, Bulgaria

16 May 2018 15:01

Konrad is back in the top 10 ! :)
"If I had stopped for coffee, they would have done the same. They never got off my wheel." - Fabian Cancellara after Paris-Roubaix 2011.
User avatar Cance > TheRest
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,470
Joined: 17 Apr 2013 18:38
Location: Denmark

16 May 2018 15:02

Dumoulin is growing...how long can Yates hold this form?
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 24,009
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

Re: 2018 Giro d'Italia stage 11: Assisi – Osimo 156 km

16 May 2018 15:03

Another great showing by Yates but everywhere he has gained time has basically been a short, explosive hillclimb so far.

Caltagirone and today were like that, Etna was in the last 2km, Gran Sasso was a sprint to the line. Dumoulin can't match these efforts (did a great job today) but he can TT back to attacks on those Dolomite/Alpine multi-mountain stages.
blackcat wrote:you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
User avatar luckyboy
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,690
Joined: 26 May 2009 21:26

16 May 2018 15:03

Dumoulin is a beast on these hills. Hardly surprising he could limit his losses.
Yates aggressive and incredibly strong. Very curious to see what Mitchelton does on the Zoncolan.
And Formolo is in the best shape of his life. A pity he crashed on the way to Etna, he'd be fighting for the podium otherwise.

Froome not improving, Aru maybe just a bit, Woods very disappointing.
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,123
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

16 May 2018 15:03

The Giro so far has suited Yates perfectly, and he's ridden it beautifully. Zoncolan will be an entirely different kind of test though, and he needs to gain a big chunk of time. I can't wait.
User avatar SlickMongoose
Member
 
Posts: 692
Joined: 17 Sep 2014 19:26

Re:

16 May 2018 15:04

LaFlorecita wrote:Impressed by DUMO. Yates looks extremely strong still. Pinot a little disappointing today but not a disaster. We can finally write off Froome.
Exciting last few km although I would have liked to see Luisle win.


Sort of sums up Pinot. He leaks too much time on stages where he shouldn't.
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,460
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

Re: 2018 Giro d'Italia stage 11: Assisi – Osimo 156 km

16 May 2018 15:04

Schachmann with a great performance again. Will be interesting to see what he can do in the timetrial.
skippo12
Member
 
Posts: 337
Joined: 14 May 2017 14:34

Re: 2018 Giro d'Italia stage 11: Assisi – Osimo 156 km

16 May 2018 15:05

skippo12 wrote:Schachmann with a great performance again. Will be interesting to see what he can do in the timetrial.

To think this is his first GT :eek:
User avatar SafeBet
Veteran
 
Posts: 7,123
Joined: 02 Sep 2011 13:38
Location: Milano, Italy

Re:

16 May 2018 15:06

SafeBet wrote:Dumoulin is a beast on these hills. Hardly surprising he could limit his losses.
Yates aggressive and incredibly strong. Very curious to see what Mitchelton does on the Zoncolan.
And Formolo is in the best shape of his life. A pity he crashed on the way to Etna, he'd be fighting for the podium otherwise.

Froome not improving, Aru maybe just a bit, Woods very disappointing.


Woods crashed I think with about 4K to go
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,560
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Re:

16 May 2018 15:07

movingtarget wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Impressed by DUMO. Yates looks extremely strong still. Pinot a little disappointing today but not a disaster. We can finally write off Froome.
Exciting last few km although I would have liked to see Luisle win.


Sort of sums up Pinot. He leaks too much time on stages where he shouldn't.

Can't win them all, and he hasn't really dropped any time before. He limited the damage anyway. Let's see what he can do on the Zoncolan.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,560
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re:

16 May 2018 15:07

The Chicken wrote:It would make a mockery of the event and the sport if Dumoulin were to win this. He never animates the race, never attacks, all he can do is his specialism which is riding along in a straight line on his own on the flat. What a joke. For the good of the event, Yates needs to win this, or at least anyone but Dumoulin.


Is that you Adam?
ontheroad
Member
 
Posts: 925
Joined: 10 Oct 2012 18:04

16 May 2018 15:08

Ha!
The Chicken
Member
 
Posts: 418
Joined: 16 Jan 2010 15:49

Re: Re:

16 May 2018 15:11

LaFlorecita wrote:
movingtarget wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Impressed by DUMO. Yates looks extremely strong still. Pinot a little disappointing today but not a disaster. We can finally write off Froome.
Exciting last few km although I would have liked to see Luisle win.


Sort of sums up Pinot. He leaks too much time on stages where he shouldn't.

Can't win them all, and he hasn't really dropped any time before. He limited the damage anyway. Let's see what he can do on the Zoncolan.


Sure, there is plenty of climbing left.
movingtarget
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,460
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 08:54

16 May 2018 15:12

Chris Juul-Jensen (about Yates): "He's as cool as a polar bear's toenails."
Is that a common saying in English?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,749
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

Re: Re:

16 May 2018 15:12

movingtarget wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Impressed by DUMO. Yates looks extremely strong still. Pinot a little disappointing today but not a disaster. We can finally write off Froome.
Exciting last few km although I would have liked to see Luisle win.


Sort of sums up Pinot. He leaks too much time on stages where he shouldn't.

Thibaut is not a puncheur.
User avatar Alexandre B.
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,589
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 20:04
Location: Paris, France

16 May 2018 15:12

The fanboyism from Waterloo, the chicken and the other new user account, is reaching record levels. Hating a teammate that is very likeable because it's perceived as a menace for their own agenda, hating a GT rival for being able to keep the distance short...

At this rate, you guys will succeed at making us cheer against Yates
User avatar slosada
Member
 
Posts: 444
Joined: 29 May 2013 17:36

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alexix7, fattyboomstixsmum, Google Adsense [Bot], Sestriere, Velolover2 and 49 guests

Back to top