Register

Pre Tour de France-thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

05 Jul 2018 21:53

Pricey_sky wrote:
Broccolidwarf wrote:Is it just me, or is Cort holding a sign saying "my goal is the white jersey"?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1014929426268741632

They had similar signs last year, with some riders having fun with it. Kwaitkowski held up a sign next to Froome saying 'I'm beating this guy' or something similar, while Chavez said he was aiming for the green jersey. :lol:

Good :D

For a moment, I thought something crazy had happened on their mountain training camp :p
Broccolidwarf

Re: Re:

05 Jul 2018 22:16

Broccolidwarf wrote:
Pricey_sky wrote:
Broccolidwarf wrote:Is it just me, or is Cort holding a sign saying "my goal is the white jersey"?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1014929426268741632

They had similar signs last year, with some riders having fun with it. Kwaitkowski held up a sign next to Froome saying 'I'm beating this guy' or something similar, while Chavez said he was aiming for the green jersey. :lol:

Good :D

For a moment, I thought something crazy had happened on their mountain training camp :p

Well, he could get it if Gaviria and Groenewegen don't sprint well on the first stage.
User avatar tobydawq

Re:

05 Jul 2018 23:23

yaco wrote:The boos for Team Sky were deafening - Thomas seemed particularly offended and barely uttered a few words when interviewed on stage - Anyway Sky will be darlings next year after Pinot joins the team.

I hope that doesn't happen. Pinot has been close to the podium recently it's just illness, or TT issues he has to work on. If he does leave to get a fresh approach I hope he goes to another team. Sky already have plenty of talent, let's even it out a bit.
movingtarget
Veteran

07 Jul 2018 07:52

Cav's pre tour stage by stage preview is brilliant. Half of the "ones to watch" are him, Froome and Thomas and then the rest are basically just gaviria and Sagan with a handful of others.
Brullnux
Veteran

07 Jul 2018 10:04

(Yeah, I'm slow, but, well…)

Something I kinda just realised (or maybe I realised it at the team presentation, I don't know) is that Trek are wearing their all-white kits again.
However, they didn't make a big deal out of it before the start.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Previous

Return to Professional road racing