Register

Tour de Suisse (2.UWT), 9-17 June 2018

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

12 Jun 2018 15:38

A well deserved win by Juul-Jensen - He is a super consistent and dependable rider 'rain,hail or shine.' And to think he's already done 50 race days.
yaco

Re:

12 Jun 2018 15:53

Broccolidwarf wrote:Chris Juul saying o danish TV, it was his first solo finish as a pro - ever.

Btw, Mitchelton should let this guy loose in the spring classics :)

Yeah, that's not so surprising given the fact the had only ever won the Danish ITT championships and the overall of Post Danmark Rundt?

Although, technically his ITT win was a solo victory.
User avatar tobydawq

Re:

12 Jun 2018 15:55

yaco wrote:A well deserved win by Juul-Jensen - He is a super consistent and dependable rider 'rain,hail or shine.' And to think he's already done 50 race days.

Remembering how hard the dude worked, every single day during the giro, it's quite remarkable, that his still has legs, for an effort like today - not least after yesterdays break.

It was the same during the Rio Olympics.... he just kept sitting in front of Fuglsang, climb after climb, cobbles after cobbles, and was largely responsible for Fuglsangs silver.

On top of that, he is a very likable and funny guy - I urge you to watch this video he made on the fly, while on the Tinkoff team:

https://youtu.be/UTgByh_BaWw
Broccolidwarf

Re: Re:

12 Jun 2018 15:56

tobydawq wrote:
Broccolidwarf wrote:Chris Juul saying o danish TV, it was his first solo finish as a pro - ever.

Btw, Mitchelton should let this guy loose in the spring classics :)

Yeah, that's not so surprising given the fact the had only ever won the Danish ITT championships and the overall of Post Danmark Rundt?

Although, technically his ITT win was a solo victory.

I did not know that, which is why I assumed others did not either :)
Broccolidwarf

12 Jun 2018 16:46

How the hell did he hold such a small gap for so long?
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

Re:

12 Jun 2018 16:53

Zinoviev Letter wrote:How the hell did he hold such a small gap for so long?

Rain, descent, incoherent chase, not many riders commited to the chase, being a beast.

Many factors helped.
User avatar tobydawq

Re:

12 Jun 2018 17:10

Crested the final climb with 9.5km to go - Descent 7.km and flat 2.5km - And he flew down the descent.
yaco

12 Jun 2018 17:15

You have to think that with the benign parcours and long ITT, then Kelderman and Porte will fight out the GC if they are in form.
yaco

Re:

12 Jun 2018 17:23

Just look at the peloton going round that last corner for your answer..
hazaran

12 Jun 2018 19:39

Nice stage win. A classic stage in Tour de Suisse with rain and hills.

Hoping Movistar goes berzerk on the second last climb tomorrow, or else this will be an extremely boring race.
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

12 Jun 2018 20:04

Broccolidwarf wrote:
yaco wrote:A well deserved win by Juul-Jensen - He is a super consistent and dependable rider 'rain,hail or shine.' And to think he's already done 50 race days.

Remembering how hard the dude worked, every single day during the giro, it's quite remarkable, that his still has legs, for an effort like today - not least after yesterdays break.

It was the same during the Rio Olympics.... he just kept sitting in front of Fuglsang, climb after climb, cobbles after cobbles, and was largely responsible for Fuglsangs silver.

On top of that, he is a very likable and funny guy - I urge you to watch this video he made on the fly, while on the Tinkoff team:

That’s epic! I thought his backstage pass efforts were great but that’s next level. It took me nearly half a minute to realise he’s interviewing himself :lol:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

12 Jun 2018 20:42

Chapeau Juul-Jensen! Smart ridin' by an unsung helper. Been good for MS too since the Giro.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

12 Jun 2018 21:15

yaco wrote:

Crested the final climb with 9.5km to go - Descent 7.km and flat 2.5km - And he flew down the descent.
That he did. He caught and dropped Nans Peters on the descent. Also useful: holding 460W for those last couple kms.

Congrats to the Joker.
"Christmas is tomorrow... Let's get in the break." - Matt Hayman, 4/9/16
"What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness." - Tolstoy
User avatar carton

12 Jun 2018 21:18

rlntlssly wrote:
tobydawq wrote:
luckyboy wrote:
Laplaz wrote:Never seen a finish on such a airport before :D

Mende at the Tour de France (again this year) but usually there are people on it so it doesn't look so terrible :o

Last year's Tour finish at Peyragudes was on one too

I never understood how that was an airport. Who makes an airport at a 20% incline?

Someone's who's building an airport on a mountain. It's called an altiport.

True. As is the fact that they're just as dangerous as they look:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzing%E2%80%93Hillary_Airport
"Christmas is tomorrow... Let's get in the break." - Matt Hayman, 4/9/16
"What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness." - Tolstoy
User avatar carton

12 Jun 2018 23:31

carton wrote:
yaco wrote:

That he did. He caught and dropped Nans Peters on the descent. Also useful: holding 460W for those last couple kms.

Congrats to the Joker.

Yeah, I just saw that number on the Velon site. Even aside from the, undoubtedly important, weather, terrain and disorganization of the chase, that is an insane power output to hold at the end of a tough stage with miserable weather.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

13 Jun 2018 05:51

Il Piccolo Principe to win his first of 3 stages before retirement.
User avatar SHAD0W93

Re:

13 Jun 2018 07:48

SHAD0W93 wrote:Il Piccolo Principe to win his first of 3 stages before retirement.

User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

13 Jun 2018 08:11

42x16ss wrote:
Broccolidwarf wrote:

That’s epic! I thought his backstage pass efforts were great but that’s next level. It took me nearly half a minute to realise he’s interviewing himself :lol:

It's his DS at the time, Lars Michaelsen (who is now DS with Astana) being interviewed, and who he is supplying the speak for - not many riders would get away with that :D

Btw, it's Tinkoff himself working the camera.
Broccolidwarf

13 Jun 2018 11:17

Does anybody have a link for a live home page or tracker ?
User avatar bucko007

Re:

13 Jun 2018 11:21

bucko007 wrote:Does anybody have a link for a live home page or tracker ?

I believe there isn't one. Just the text-ticker: http://www.tourdesuisse.ch/en/live-ticker/ticker/
But I could be wrong or blind (can't find anything tracker related on homepage).
Shut up, Jens!
glassmoon

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing