Register

Rate the 2018 Vuelta

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Rate the Vuelta

3%
6%
20%
34%
20%
9%
4%
3%
No votes
1%

Total votes : 70

Re: Rate the 2018 Vuelta

20 Sep 2018 14:38

SKSemtex wrote:7.
For me the best GT this year.
Not seeing Sky train every montain stage is balsam for my tired eyes after the Tour.

I think Yates participation in both the Giro and the Vuelta made the races better. This year I liked the Giro as much because it was more dramatic and the route was better than the Vuelta. Valverde weakening at the end of the Vuelta wasn't a big surprise nor was Quintana's lack of form. I think the Tour ranked three simply because Thomas always looked comfortable especially after he had a decent time gap early in the race and Sky had it under control most of the time. Nibali and Porte not having the condition to compete in the Vuelta took some interest out of the race and took even more interest out of the Tour when they crashed out but it was good to see the young riders do well in the Vuelta as well as Steven K.
movingtarget
Veteran

21 Sep 2018 15:03

That was awful. I dunno, a 2?
I think it's the sign of a clean rider and a real sportsman to be attracted to the bigger challenge over the ultimate result. Good luck with the Giro/Tour double, Chris Froome. -Phil Gaimon
Forever The Best

21 Sep 2018 20:24

7 for entertainment due to no Sky train and nobody saying that they planned to win it! - though if Bernal had been fit ... Some time in the future it might well go down as a blip in the Sky dominance.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Previous

Return to Professional road racing