Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

10 May 2018 12:27

Great route. Arlaz-Tzecore-Joux <3.
Nice to see Colle San Carlo as well.
I think it's the sign of a clean rider and a real sportsman to be attracted to the bigger challenge over the ultimate result. Good luck with the Giro/Tour double, Chris Froome. -Phil Gaimon
Forever The Best

10 May 2018 19:14

The stage after the Colle San Carlo stage is also nice, the final climb is 4.8km at 10.3%, followed by a steep descent (the first half of the Piani di Tavagnasco climb).
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

10 May 2018 19:45

Giro della Valle d'Aosta is the greatest.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

Re: General News Thread

11 May 2018 14:34

Petr Vakoč is no longer a rider of QS according to UCI´s website. Wonder what that means.
User avatar Screecher

11 May 2018 14:47

Screecher wrote:Petr Vakoč is no longer a rider of QS according to UCI´s website. Wonder what that means.

He's still on Quickstep's own website. :confused:

This is not because I don't believe you, but because I'm confused/concerned about what might be going on.
Has he been racing since the accident?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

11 May 2018 14:52

RedheadDane wrote:
Screecher wrote:Petr Vakoč is no longer a rider of QS according to UCI´s website. Wonder what that means.

This is not because I don't believe you, but because I'm confused/concerned about what might be going on.

You can see for yourself. http://www.uci.ch/road/teams/. He hasn't raced since the incident.
User avatar Screecher

11 May 2018 14:59

Screecher wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:

You can see for yourself. http://www.uci.ch/road/teams/. He hasn't raced since the incident.

Like I said, I believe you. It was a "WTF is going on?" comment?

Seems to have been a mistake from UCI's part.

Cheers, everyone! Just to be clear: check out the Quick-Step Floors website and you'll see that @PetrVakoc is a proud member of #TheWolfpack.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

17 May 2018 15:16

Quick Step is not participating in the Baloise Belgium Tour. Tour des Fjords offers alot more $$$ than Golazo so QS won't be riding their national tour. Rebellin is on the provisional startlist!
Breh

17 May 2018 20:53

The profiles are out for Tour of Slovenia 2018. There will be 5 stages, so one stage more than the usual. 2 sprint stages, one hilly with an uphill finish, one mountain stage with a descent finish and a 20km ITT to end the race:

The field should be the strongest ever with record setting 8 WT teams: Bora – hansgrohe, LottoNL-Jumbo, Dimension Data, Katusha - Alpecin, Mitchelton-Scott, Bahrain Merida, EF Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale and Team Sunweb. Among top riders for the overall are confirmed Roglič and Majka, also strong sprinting field with Cavendish, Kittel and Ewan.
User avatar johnymax

17 May 2018 21:11

Nice. Even just a prologue would have been enough for Rogla Smash though. This should fit him like a glove.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

Re:

19 May 2018 00:12

Breh wrote:Quick Step is not participating in the Baloise Belgium Tour. Tour des Fjords offers alot more $$$ than Golazo so QS won't be riding their national tour. Rebellin is on the provisional startlist!

Don't forget that Tour des Fjords leads into Hammer Stavanger; Quick Step with their self-nicknaming team spirit and prominence in that kind of drive are probably quite beholden to support the Hammer Series even though it's the sporting equivalent of syphilis.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

Re: Re:

19 May 2018 09:42

Libertine Seguros wrote:
Breh wrote:Quick Step is not participating in the Baloise Belgium Tour. Tour des Fjords offers alot more $$$ than Golazo so QS won't be riding their national tour. Rebellin is on the provisional startlist!

Don't forget that Tour des Fjords leads into Hammer Stavanger; Quick Step with their self-nicknaming team spirit and prominence in that kind of drive are probably quite beholden to support the Hammer Series even though it's the sporting equivalent of syphilis.

Oh right! I completely forgot about that. Lefevere does have a hard on for that "race".

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180518_03520929

In other news; the Flanders bid for the WC 2021 is a cooperation between Flanders Classics and Golazo (Baloise Belgium Tour and tons of other sports events in Flanders).

The TT would be ridden between Knokke Heist and Bruges which means it's probably as flat as can be.
The road race would start in Antwerp and have a couple of local laps in Leuven. Possible options in the area of Leuven are the parcours of the GP Jef Scherens and the Brabantse Pijl.

The run in from Antwerp to Leuven should be hard in order to make a parcours suited to the classics riders, including cobbles and alot of "hills". The organizers absolutely do not want a bunch sprint. Estimated budget is around 16 to 20million euros, mainly funded by the Flemish government.
Breh

29 May 2018 12:17

Carrefour quits as sponsor of the Tour. Good, I hope many more sponsors quit. Only with drastic measures will this rotten sport be able to change.
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

Re:

30 May 2018 10:48

El Pistolero wrote:Carrefour quits as sponsor of the Tour. Good, I hope many more sponsors quit. Only with drastic measures will this rotten sport be able to change.

sponsor won´t ever quit ASO and the Tour

Carrefour quits and Leclerc comes on board for ASO
pastronef

30 May 2018 16:25

pastronef wrote:
El Pistolero wrote:Carrefour quits as sponsor of the Tour. Good, I hope many more sponsors quit. Only with drastic measures will this rotten sport be able to change.

They will if Sky keeps ruining every race they enter.
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

30 May 2018 16:40

El Pistolero wrote:
pastronef wrote:

They will if Sky keeps ruining every race they enter.

sure :lol:
pastronef

30 May 2018 19:34

One more WT team has confirmed his participation for Tour of Slovenia, that's UAE Team Emirates. A list of all teams:

World Tour:
Bora – hansgrohe
LottoNL-Jumbo
Dimension Data
Katusha – Alpecin
Mitchelton-Scott
Bahrain Merida
EF Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale
Team Sunweb
UAE Team Emirates

ProConti:
Androni - Sidermec - Bottecchia
Nippo Vinni Fantini Europa Ovini
Gazprom RusVelo
Israel Cycling Academy
CCC Sprandi Polkowice

Continental:
Adria Mobil Cycling
Ljubljana Gusto Xaurum
Dukla Banska Bystrica
Elkov Author Cycling Team
Meridiana Kamen Team
Sangemini MG.Kvis
My Bike - Stevens

and Slovenian NT
Last edited by johnymax on 30 May 2018 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar johnymax

30 May 2018 19:45

Is Tour of Slovenia really 2.1 and the currently riding without any World Tour team the Tour de Luxembourg a 2.HC race? Does not make any sense.
janraaskalt

Re:

30 May 2018 20:33

janraaskalt wrote:Is Tour of Slovenia really 2.1 and the currently riding without any World Tour team the Tour de Luxembourg a 2.HC race? Does not make any sense.

The Hammer Series' money killed it.
Get ready, Velon is going to kill a lot of races at this rate.
User avatar GuyIncognito

31 May 2018 05:00

Don't blame it all on the Hammer Series - Eleven WT teams are part of the Velon group, so that means the other 7 WT squads chose not to ride the Tour of Luxembourg - Tour of Slovenie is at the same time as Tour De Suisse but has attracted 9 WT teams - Some WT teams think Slovenie is a good lead up to the TDF.
yaco

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing