Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky

01 Jan 2012 16:06

Ryo Hazuki wrote:how about the times of all others then on the mountains,. cycling is cleaner that's why we see guys like rolland and voeckler on the forefront now

All that in just a few months? In the Giro Contador put out some serious w/kg in the mountains. And Horner and Leipi in California. Talk about naive.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

01 Jan 2012 16:24

El Pistolero wrote:Cancellara won the race in 2008 when the Cipressa was added. This tired the sprinters out and that's why MSR didn't end in a bunch sprint anymore. In 2009 the sprinters were better prepared though: so it was a bunch sprint again.

Bettini won MSR when it still finished on the Via Roma: that's closer to the Poggio than the finish nowadays.

Milan-San Remo has had a few changes over the years, so I don't see why now it would become a problem all of a sudden :rolleyes:

I assume you mean Le Manie? Cipressa was brought in much earlier than that, 1980s?

Also Cavendish won an edition with le Manie so it didn't change the race a huge deal. It's had more of an effect as a technical descent that splits the bunch as opposed to a hard climb that tires out the sprinters.
User avatar will10
Veteran

01 Jan 2012 16:52

will10 wrote:I assume you mean Le Manie? Cipressa was brought in much earlier than that, 1980s?

Also Cavendish won an edition with le Manie so it didn't change the race a huge deal. It's had more of an effect as a technical descent that splits the bunch as opposed to a hard climb that tires out the sprinters.

Yeah, I mean that lol. Been too late yesterday :o

The first time Le Manie was added it caught the sprinters of guard. But in 2009 the sprinters were better prepared for it.

Hard descends also make a race harder - it doesn't always have to be a steep hill. Didn't the crash this year happen on the descend of Le Manie as well?
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

01 Jan 2012 17:21

Split indeed happened on La Manie
Life's too important to be taken seriously
Doping sucks

Wouter, John and Xavi, you all will be missed.

hrotha wrote:You guys have an ancient barbarian mentality. Charge right in and be inevitably slaughtered by the superior foe, so that you can be buried with your sword and your silly notions of an "honorable fight".
and proud of it :D
User avatar Michielveedeebee

02 Jan 2012 22:12

@KenSommer Dear friends! I have decided to leave @leopardtrek

and @Nygaardbn says: Proud!
pastronef

03 Jan 2012 15:02

Citreon car will be the partner of liquigas come next season.
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran

03 Jan 2012 15:13

Rund um den Finanzplatz Eschborn-Frankfurt will have the climb of the Feldberg again this year after it wasn't used in the last 2 editions.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

03 Jan 2012 15:37

Giro del Trentino to open with team time trial
by Ben Atkins at 9:59 AM EST

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10789/Giro-del-Trentino-to-open-with-team-time-trial.aspx#ixzz1iPU1u19k
Testing the bounds of reality.
User avatar Zam_Olyas
Veteran

03 Jan 2012 17:10

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=O13KDIGU

Weird story surrounding Ivanov. Apparently Tchmil told the new manager of Katusha, Holczer, that Ivanov wanted to stop. He did so apparently without talking to Ivanov, so now there is no room for him anymore. Sounds a bit strange
AntonioRossi

03 Jan 2012 18:59

AntonioRossi wrote:http://www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx?articleid=O13KDIGU

Weird story surrounding Ivanov. Apparently Tchmil told the new manager of Katusha, Holczer, that Ivanov wanted to stop. He did so apparently without talking to Ivanov, so now there is no room for him anymore. Sounds a bit strange

So this is the end of Ivanov's carreer.
Sounds strange, but if there's one man in cycling i would believe this from, it's Tchmil...
User avatar Buffalo Soldier

03 Jan 2012 19:35

And I was just about to pick him for cq.
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

03 Jan 2012 19:44

The Hitch wrote:And I was just about to pick him for cq.

You're welcome :p

But it's sad to see this guy leave the sport. I guess he learned about this way to late to find another team.
AntonioRossi

03 Jan 2012 19:45

AntonioRossi wrote:You're welcome :p

But it's sad to see this guy leave the sport. I guess he learned about this way to late to find another team.

He will always have AGR 2009.

Funnily, as I was thinking about whether to put him on the team, I began to watch his great victory and it was loading as I read your news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBA19B74zd8&feature=related
The Hitch: Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013. 2nd all time cq rankings.
The Father of Clean Cycling, Christophe Bassons wrote:When I look at cycling today, I get the impression that history is repeating itself: riders who are supposed to be rouleurs are climbing passes at the front of the race, and those who are supposed to be climbers are riding time trials at more than 50 kilometres per hour.

The story is beginning again, just as it did 14 years ago

journalist with integrity.
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran

03 Jan 2012 19:52

The Hitch wrote:He will always have AGR 2009.

Funnily, as I was thinking about whether to put him on the team, I began to watch his great victory and it was loading as I read your news.

Great vid.
I had him on my original CQ team as well, but eventually I decided to not include him.
Yeah AGR and some tour stages is not bad, its just the way how he has to end his career is very unfortunate
AntonioRossi

03 Jan 2012 20:32

Can't really say I like the wildcards in Oman.

Project 1t4i, Champion System, Farnese Vini, Asian Racing Team, Giant

At least we know who will take up last positions
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

03 Jan 2012 20:36

I am not surprised about situation with Serguei Ivanov at all. Being the team manager in Katusha Tchmil acquired very shady reputation in Russia i.e. among Katusha fans. They wanted to see Menchov (as their best rider) in Katusha a year ago and Tchmil was the one to blame by reason of all the negotiations failed and unlike Ivanov, Tchmil is openly not liked there. I can't forget one quote made by Oleg Tinkov (who remembers the team "Tinkoff credit systems") about Andrei Tchmil:
"The man with scanners instead of eyes and a cash register instead of heart"
Kvinto

Location: This account has been quit by its creator since Sept 23, 2012.

03 Jan 2012 20:38

I think one of the quotes by Ivanov is that Tchmil has 2 friends, the dollar and the euro.
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

03 Jan 2012 21:12

tschmile is an utter tool and a pure piece of **** also during his carere in every interview you could hear what an egomaniac he was and an ***hole. oleg tinkof pumped millions into it but as soon as he heard the name tschmile ran for his life and rightfully so. with 30 million a year budget!!! tchmile's katusha became a joke and running it like some prehistoric despot made everyone hate him even more
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Veteran

03 Jan 2012 22:44

The Hitch wrote:He will always have AGR 2009.

I don't like his accent, but I've to say props for his video, touching upon the ridiculous names Dutch cycling events tend to have.

Also, when I watch a Youtube with Anglosaxon commentary I ignore it as they're usually clueless, but this guy knew his things.
User avatar Arnout

04 Jan 2012 09:31

Arnout wrote:I don't like his accent, but I've to say props for his video, touching upon the ridiculous names Dutch cycling events tend to have.

Also, when I watch a Youtube with Anglosaxon commentary I ignore it as they're usually clueless, but this guy knew his things.

ya cosmocatalno used to do some nice videos analysing the classics and some key stages of stage races, but he said on his site that he doesn't has the time do them anymore, a shame as even tho his commentary wasn't perfect it was still a great way to see what happened during a race in case you couldn't watch it live
User avatar Parrulo
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing