Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

26 Jan 2018 13:18

Petr Vakoc and Laurens De Plus (both Quick-Step) have been hit by a truck whilst training in South-Africa. Vakoc has broken multiple vertebrae and has to be operated.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

Re: Re:

26 Jan 2018 13:35

Breh wrote:
Nuyens made some trips to Paris for lobbying, yes.
I'm probably just annoyed they got an invite because I can't stand Nuyens and the "WvA goes road racing" hype in Flanders.

same here, I can't stand WvA at all
pastronef

27 Jan 2018 13:12

Looks like Darts is shunning the "podium girl thing"
http://www.bbc.com/sport/darts/42841620
How long can cycling resist?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

Re:

29 Jan 2018 10:29

TourOfSardinia wrote:Looks like Darts is shunning the "podium girl thing"

to be fair to cycling, darts oggled its podium girls and they used show them walking off till recently. For me in cycling they do have a place for sponsors, I'm happy for each race to decide how it wants to do a podium
This weeks blog covers Israel Cycling, women's cycling welfare, and I try not get started on World Tour field size. http://sbbcolumns.co.uk/letstalkcycling-muses/ :D
User avatar manafana

Re: General News Thread

30 Jan 2018 10:58

User avatar fauniera

30 Jan 2018 17:04

Wild-cards for the Ronde:

Sport Vlaanderen-Baloise
Wanty Group-Gobert
Veranda’s Willems-Crelan
WB Aqua Protect Veranclassic
Cofidis
Vital Concept
Roompot-Nederlandse Loterij

No Direct Energie (Chavanel) and no Wilier Triestina (Pozzato), despite their previous results at the race.
User avatar Alexandre B.

30 Jan 2018 17:44

I will never stop being irritated by the fact that Cofidis get invites to every single race they are even slightly interested in. You would think from their calendar that they were head and shoulders above every other PCT team.
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

30 Jan 2018 18:59

Nooo, I wanted to see Pippo in the RVV. :(
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

31 Jan 2018 14:08

manafana wrote:
TourOfSardinia wrote:Looks like Darts is shunning the "podium girl thing"

to be fair to cycling, darts oggled its podium girls and they used show them walking off till recently. For me in cycling they do have a place for sponsors, I'm happy for each race to decide how it wants to do a podium

F1 next
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/42890261
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

31 Jan 2018 17:50

Strade Bianche still below 200 kms, it's a shame for a WT race.

Nirvana

05 Feb 2018 20:36

Vuelta a San Juan OK

@vueltasanjuanok
11 min.11 minuten geleden
Meer
ATENCIÓN! PRÓXIMAMENTE INFORMACIÓN ACERCA DE DOPING POSITIVO EN LA ÚLTIMA VUELTA A SAN JUAN

Didn't know where else to post it, mods feel free to move it to the clinic or somewhere else. Could be fake ofc.

Edit: Account got hacked
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

05 Feb 2018 21:48

http://www.cicloweb.it/2018/02/05/rischio-tumore-litiglio-locatelli-rottura-ivan-savitskiy-gazprom/

-Ivan Savitskiy got sick after the WC, high fever for a week,
-When he was back home he went to a clinic and they found a kidney tumour
-Stayed at home to make a few test and skipped a few training camps because of that, got a letter form his team that threatened to cut his wage
-After the biopsy they found out that it was a benign tumor, so he went back to Italy to train with the team
-The new DS Locatelli was mad about the fact that he was in poor shape and he allegedly verbally abused him, kicked him out of the training camp and dumped him at the next train station
-The team manager told him that his contract got terminated and that he should just go back home

I've heard a lot of stories about Locatelli abusing young riders, but that's just disgusting.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

Re:

05 Feb 2018 23:13

Mayomaniac wrote:http://www.cicloweb.it/2018/02/05/rischio-tumore-litiglio-locatelli-rottura-ivan-savitskiy-gazprom/

-Stayed at home to make a few test and skipped a few training camps because of that, got a letter form his team that threatened to cut his wage
-After the biopsy they found out that it was a benign tumor, so he went back to Italy to train with the team
-The new DS Locatelli was mad about the fact that he was in poor shape and he allegedly verbally abused him, kicked him out of the training camp and dumped him at the next train station
-The team manager told him that his contract got terminated and that he should just go back home

I've heard a lot of stories about Locatelli abusing young riders, but that's just disgusting.

I was gonna hope that another team out there was gonna pick him up, but with all this...... I feel sorry for him
HBA01

06 Feb 2018 15:23

New rules for the European Championships from 2019 on:
UEC wrote:
In order to make races more spectacular and exciting for the general public and press, races will take place on shorter circuits and the number of kilometres will be reduced.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
User avatar fauniera

06 Feb 2018 16:46

Or they could try to not design races like last year? Or they could design them and accept that they're pretty dull.
Breh

06 Feb 2018 17:06

I'm just mad about the fact that it's split up, so Juniors and U23s are in one location, and Elites in another. What the ****'s up with that? One of the cool thing about these sort of championships is that you'll have all those riders who don't normally ride "together" meeting up for a week and spend time together; the national teams becoming big units.
Why would you even split it up? One of the location were mad their bid wasn't selected?
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

07 Feb 2018 13:37

not sure if posted elsewhere, but here's more info on the revived D-Tour

https://www.deutschland-tour.com/de/home.html

From Koblenz to Trier to Merzig to Stuttgart
User avatar roundabout
Veteran

07 Feb 2018 22:30

HBA01 wrote:
Mayomaniac wrote:http://www.cicloweb.it/2018/02/05/rischio-tumore-litiglio-locatelli-rottura-ivan-savitskiy-gazprom/

I was gonna hope that another team out there was gonna pick him up, but with all this...... I feel sorry for him

What kind of sociopaths are running that team?
Zinoviev Letter
Veteran

08 Feb 2018 17:16

Tour of California 2018

bigger

Looks better than usual.
User avatar fauniera

08 Feb 2018 22:22

Wow, the MTF is really good, the Laguna Seca stage is great, the ITT is long and the South Lake Tahoe stage is also great + high altitude, probably the best Cali route that I can remember.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing