Register

General News Thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: General News Thread

07 Jun 2019 12:44

The Arctic Tour of Norway 2019 will feature this murito as a summit finish:

User avatar fauniera

07 Jun 2019 13:09

I'm assuming they're going to go up from another angle, because there doesn't seem to be a road (or I'm blind...)
If this is the way they're going up - and there really is a road - then my money is on VDP.
Aka The Ginger One.
Holy, ****! I'm a veteran!
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

07 Jun 2019 13:42

Too hard for MvdP, i would say. This is for a real climber.

You can see the "road" if you look closely. They probably paved it by now.

See also here and here.
User avatar fauniera

07 Jun 2019 14:00

God forbid the hype if VdP wins there
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

07 Jun 2019 14:38

Finally a real climb in a Norwegian race. There are so many mountains in the country, but the races organizers are constantly doing their best to avoid all of them.
User avatar Squire

Re: Re:

07 Jun 2019 15:29

Breh wrote:
search wrote:the profile on la-flamme-rouge are better than any of those Eneco/Binckbanck has come up with over all the years though - and they are up already:

https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/races/view/2019/37

it looks unlikely to be an overly thrilling edition of the race though...

EnecoBinckBankTour is usually a pretty good race. Route-wise, this is far from a terrible edition.

usually it is, but it looks like they got rid of both the Ardennes- as well as the Amstel kind of stage now
User avatar search

Re:

07 Jun 2019 18:29

Squire wrote:Finally a real climb in a Norwegian race. There are so many mountains in the country, but the races organizers are constantly doing their best to avoid all of them.

But, but, but....... we need to please Kristoff and Boasson Hagen. :razz:
"Es el mejor con y sin" - someone very bright on Valverde.
Purito, Valv and Conta <3
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

Re:

07 Jun 2019 18:59

Squire wrote:Finally a real climb in a Norwegian race. There are so many mountains in the country, but the races organizers are constantly doing their best to avoid all of them.

It looks like a goat track with an antenna on top. ;)
Max Rockatansky

07 Jun 2019 19:06

Goats need to use their cellphones too!
Aka The Ginger One.
Holy, ****! I'm a veteran!
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

11 Jun 2019 07:48

Yesterday there was another chapter in the "endurance has left the sport" story, in Trento Cassani has presented the 2020 European Championships organized by Italian Federation (mid September like in 2016 due to Olumpics), the road race is 176 kms and the time trial is a joke of 21,6 kms, the same route of juniors women :rolleyes:
Nirvana

11 Jun 2019 13:25

Valv.Piti wrote:

But, but, but....... we need to please Kristoff and Boasson Hagen. :razz:

Luckily we can start pleasing Leknessund in a few years. :D
User avatar Squire

12 Jun 2019 11:16

User avatar Jagartrott

15 Jun 2019 04:24

Yesterday was presented the Adriatica Ionica Race.

*The first stage is essentially a criterium with a 2,7 kms circuit to be made 25 times.
*The second stage is flat along (or near) the coast to Grado with probably the same bad sectors of sterrato seen last year.
*The third stage should be the decisive one with an uphill finish in Misurina after Sella di Ciampigotto.
*The fourth stage has an hilly circuit in the finale.
*The fifth stage is the same final stage of last year with Tireste circuit.

No profiles available at the moment but only descriptions and planimetry of the stages.
https://airace.it/tappe-2019/

As announced early this winter the field should be very good with 8 WT teams, Androni, Caja Rural, Roompot among the professional teams and the national team of Italy.

Edit:
I've found some other news, on the Facebook page of the race they said there will be 23,2 kms of sterrato in the second stage and that Movistar will take Carapaz as leader. On the italian forum they said that in stage three there will be also Passo di Pura and Forcella di Rest before Sella Ciampigotto with 4.000 meters of elevation gain and that the first stage will be like a track race with points and bonus seconds every five laps.

It's also confirmed the expansion plan for the race:
Nirvana

Re:

15 Jun 2019 06:48

Nirvana wrote:Yesterday was presented the Adriatica Ionica Race.

*The first stage is essentially a criterium with a 2,7 kms circuit to be made 25 times.
*The second stage is flat along (or near) the coast to Grado with probably the same bad sectors of sterrato seen last year.
*The third stage should be the decisive one with an uphill finish in Misurina after Sella di Ciampigotto.
*The fourth stage has an hilly circuit in the finale.
*The fifth stage is the same final stage of last year with Tireste circuit.

No profiles available at the moment but only descriptions and planimetry of the stages.
https://airace.it/tappe-2019/

As announced early this winter the field should be very good with 8 WT teams, Androni, Caja Rural, Roompot among the professional teams and the national team of Italy.

Edit:
I've found some other news, on the Facebook page of the race they said there will be 23,2 kms of sterrato in the second stage and that Movistar will take Carapaz as leader. On the italian forum they said that in stage three there will be also Passo di Pura and Forcella di Rest before Sella Ciampigotto with 4.000 meters of elevation gain and that the first stage will be like a track race with points and bonus seconds every five laps.

It's also confirmed the expansion plan for the race:

La Flamme Rouge already has the profiles on their website, the gc stages are looking pretty good.
Stage 2: https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/281745
Stage 3: https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/281746
Stage 4: https://www.la-flamme-rouge.eu/maps/viewtrack/281747
Mayomaniac

15 Jun 2019 10:35

User avatar roundabout
Veteran

Re:

17 Jun 2019 23:08

Forever The Best wrote:https://www.zikloland.com/la-clasica-san-sebastian-femenina-toma-forma-2019/
There can be a women's version of Clasica San Sebastian next year. If there is, I hope they do the final 50 km of the old route with Jaizkibel-Arkale and then going to san Sebastian. Or even better put Erlaitz before Jaizkibel.

Also there are some rumours that Crostis may feature in Giro Rosa 2019, please make it happen! Crostis-Zonc would be awesome.
https://www.ilgazzettino.it/nordest/pordenone/corsa_vespa_epoca_aviano-3879040.html

Women's San Sebastián now released, featuring two ascents of Murgil. Original claim was around 100km in length and no Jaizkibel, but what they've actually proposed is much more deserving of "Classic" status, with five marked climbs, including Jaizkibel and the double ascent at the finish, and just under 150km duration. Colour me surprised in a good way.

Better still, not only do we have a women's race which is exactly what the likes of van Vleuten and Uttrup Ludwig had been asking for (the chance to make the race on a course which is equally exciting, even if not the same route), but the men's race has responded to some of the problems of the old course and has finally introduced Erlaitz, so hopefully it won't be a "Mur de Huy with a descent" race this year, with only around 40km from Erlaitz to the finish.

User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

17 Jun 2019 23:13

Libertine Seguros wrote:
Forever The Best wrote:https://www.zikloland.com/la-clasica-san-sebastian-femenina-toma-forma-2019/
There can be a women's version of Clasica San Sebastian next year. If there is, I hope they do the final 50 km of the old route with Jaizkibel-Arkale and then going to san Sebastian. Or even better put Erlaitz before Jaizkibel.

Also there are some rumours that Crostis may feature in Giro Rosa 2019, please make it happen! Crostis-Zonc would be awesome.
https://www.ilgazzettino.it/nordest/pordenone/corsa_vespa_epoca_aviano-3879040.html

Women's San Sebastián now released, featuring two ascents of Murgil. Original claim was around 100km in length and no Jaizkibel, but what they've actually proposed is much more deserving of "Classic" status, with five marked climbs, including Jaizkibel and the double ascent at the finish, and just under 150km duration. Colour me surprised in a good way.

Better still, not only do we have a women's race which is exactly what the likes of van Vleuten and Uttrup Ludwig had been asking for (the chance to make the race on a course which is equally exciting, even if not the same route), but the men's race has responded to some of the problems of the old course and has finally introduced Erlaitz, so hopefully it won't be a "Mur de Huy with a descent" race this year, with only around 40km from Erlaitz to the finish.

Love it.
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

18 Jun 2019 17:33

Good news. Let's see if the action can improve from the borefests since 2014. Women's course looks nice, the action can start on the first climb of Murgil Tontorra.
I think it's the sign of a clean rider and a real sportsman to be attracted to the bigger challenge over the ultimate result. Good luck with the Giro/Tour double, Chris Froome. -Phil Gaimon
Forever The Best

18 Jun 2019 17:44

Red Rick wrote:
Libertine Seguros wrote:

Love it.

I don't think Van Avermaet is amused.
User avatar tobydawq

19 Jun 2019 03:48

Joren Touquet, former Veranda's Willems rider, died in his sleep while on vacation.
User avatar Logic-is-your-friend

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing