Register

Rebellin appreciation thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

30 Apr 2009 00:44

Now I'm thinking it is something in the sponsors water, no wonder they bailed on them. Why else would they all say they had no idea! Except Kohl, that is, maybe he accidentally dropped his Cera into the team water supply? :rolleyes:
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

30 Apr 2009 07:10

ridley wrote:According to the latest Cycling News entry - he is innocent !! Like the rest of them --> Schumacher, Hamilton, Landis

Why do they bother? Why waste their own money? It only makes us despise them more.
User avatar Animal

Believe me......

30 Apr 2009 16:32

ridley wrote:According to the latest Cycling News entry - he is innocent !! Like the rest of them --> Schumacher, Hamilton, Landis

Bingo!! Who can you believe anymore? If a rider swears he didn't take anything how can it show up in a test. Of course they fixed the test. Old news just getting older by the minute. His manager and team doctors should be sacked along with him.
How can these guys look in the mirror on a daily basis?

Riders need to be honest to themselves first! That is one of the ways to break the doping.
User avatar quadsRme

04 May 2009 01:06

User avatar Bala Verde
Veteran

04 May 2009 02:06

Yea, that's the video! Thanks Bela Verde.

I love the Black and White video, makes it look like classical Godfather type dealings :D, gotta love the cycling shoes on the top of the dresser. Then there's the blond, oh yea, Tin-Tin's wife?

The second video has some bad sections with the turrets type repeats. Still classic!
User avatar ElChingon
Veteran

04 May 2009 22:36

can just hope that he will tell the truth!!!
beestrong

05 May 2009 15:58

I enjoyed watching TinTin race.

I'll miss his pinache'
User avatar e-fred
Newly Registered Member

05 May 2009 16:52

Positively creepy.
Signature line intentionally left blank.
User avatar 53x11 in DC

17 Nov 2010 14:29

Well, he's coming back...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/suspended-rebellin-aiming-for-world-championships-place

Hot damn. 2 more years? The guy will be 41! I wouldn't be surprised if he could still compete, age and lack of 'gear' notwithstanding.

Some are of the opinion that caught dopers are scum and should never be cheered for again. Fair enough. I'm not of that opinion, so it's exciting to hear Rebellin will be coming back. He has been one of the most exciting racers over the past years for me, possibly largely because he has never been dominant, but because he can't outsprint someone like Valverde or Gilbert (or Samu Sanchez, of course), he seems to be involved with every attack in every race. He's a great animator of races, and always is a threat for the victory. He may not win alot, but he'll make everyone work to beat him.

Where do you think he'll go? Uh... Vacansoleil? Seems to fit...
skidmark

17 Nov 2010 14:54

e-fred wrote:I enjoyed watching TinTin race.

I'll miss his pinache'

He's not worthy of that nickname :eek:

But in all seriousness, I welcome him back.
Ryo Hazuki wrote:horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato

The Hitch wrote:Goss will woop boonens candy a[color="Black"]ss[/color] in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
User avatar El Pistolero
Veteran

17 Nov 2010 15:06

i hope he will sign with a good team.astana would be perfect to attack the ardennes classics.
User avatar jens_attacks
Veteran

17 Nov 2010 15:10

My bet is on Geox.
[color="Black"]ciclismo-espresso.com[/color]
User avatar Michele

17 Nov 2010 16:37

Liquigas hasn't a real strong Ardennes team I think? A lot of GC guys, but they usually ride Trentino and other Italian stuff for Giro preparation. Nibali and Rebelling together would be great!

Also Aqua e Sapone springs to mind. Didn't Paolini leave? Normally they ride the Ardennes, Tireno, Giro and all the autumn classics. Races Rebelling wants to ride for a last time I guess.
Matthijs

17 Nov 2010 19:40

So appreciation for a guy who was even filmed injecting EPO a few years ago?

sickkkk world... appreciating cheaters who continue to deny and lie...
la.margna

17 Nov 2010 20:12

I don't like Rebellin. Sad he comes back. Rather had Bettini back.
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

17 Nov 2010 20:16

You know, Rebellin was one of my favourite riders from the days he rode for MG Technogym, I really liked him... but this is just sad. He's going to be back as a 40-year-old who hasn't admitted to anything. I suppose he's not different from Vinokourov in that regard, but not even Vino is as shady as Rebellin.

edit: wait, there's no need to be rational about liking Vino and disliking Rebellin, Vino trumps rationality.
User avatar hrotha
Veteran

17 Nov 2010 20:21

la.margna wrote:a guy who was even filmed injecting EPO a few years ago?

huh? [SIZE="1"][color="White"] ......[/color][/SIZE]
blackcat wrote:you must respect the Cobra, a man who can give himself his own nickname. he trancends hubris.
User avatar luckyboy
Veteran

17 Nov 2010 20:53

Anybody who tests positive after a performance they call "a victory for clean cycling" is going to have a tough time from fans. I don't know if any of the bigger teams will be willing to risk it on him; he's not exactly going to be WANTED in the Ardennes, he's gonna be 40 soon, the teams most likely to want him are the ones whose invites are most tenuous, and it all seems like a recipe for ending up on a team like Miche like Schumacher and Rasmussen.

Where's de Bonis going to end up? That's more interesting. He was Rebellin's protégé, followed him from Gerolsteiner to Diquigiovanni. Won a stage of Romandie '08 in mind-blowing style, then got taken off the road by his team because they thought he was too suspicious. The team with Schumacher, Rebellin and Kohl thought he was too suspicious.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

17 Nov 2010 21:04

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:I don't like Rebellin. Sad he comes back. Rather had Bettini back.

which of those two were cleaner in your opinion?
flicker

17 Nov 2010 21:20

flicker wrote:which of those two were cleaner in your opinion?

idk

it was more the way Rebellin won his biggest races. ESpecially when in 2004 he was wheelsucking a stronger Boogerd and everytime got past him in the last 150m... I still have trauma's from that.
I saw both races live at the finish and two times I saw Boogerd had the gap uphill and both times Rebellin got back on the flat part on top of the Cauberg and the hill in Ans and passed him :mad:
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing