Register

Rebellin appreciation thread.

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

17 Nov 2010 21:27

rebellin back I think at liquigas or astana
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Veteran

17 Nov 2010 21:27

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:idk

it was more the way Rebellin won his biggest races. ESpecially when in 2004 he was wheelsucking a stronger Boogerd and everytime got past him in the last 150m... I still have trauma's from that.
I saw both races live at the finish and two times I saw Boogerd had the gap uphill and both times Rebellin got back on the flat part on top of the Cauberg and the hill in Ans and passed him :mad:

I agree. I loved Boogerds style he rode out in the wind and led up the climbs.

Rebellin was a moonshadow in every ride I ever saw him in. Just a little wisp at the end blasting through on the power climbs. A bogus classics rider, like Pozatto, the same mold of negative riding.
flicker

18 Nov 2010 14:10

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:idk

it was more the way Rebellin won his biggest races. ESpecially when in 2004 he was wheelsucking a stronger Boogerd and everytime got past him in the last 150m... I still have trauma's from that.
I saw both races live at the finish and two times I saw Boogerd had the gap uphill and both times Rebellin got back on the flat part on top of the Cauberg and the hill in Ans and passed him :mad:

If Boogerd was stronger, why could Rebelling coming back after the climbs? If their was a real gap and he was really stronger after 230k, one-to-one Boogerd should have stayed alone...
Don't get me wrong: I'm a huge Boogerd fan. I know how he spiced the finals of AGR, LBL, Lombardia and the harder worlds for a decade. Even won Brabantse pijl, Emilia and 'his AGR'! But as it is, unfortunately got outsprinted several times by slightly stronger riders.
Matthijs

18 Nov 2010 15:09

flicker wrote:I agree. I loved Boogerds style he rode out in the wind and led up the climbs.

Rebellin was a moonshadow in every ride I ever saw him in. Just a little wisp at the end blasting through on the power climbs. A bogus classics rider, like Pozatto, the same mold of negative riding.

Geez, I gotta watch more classics from the last 10 years before I make my opinion about a rider. I had this impression of Rebellin as an attacker, but come to think of it he was always in the mix in attacks, maybe he didn't initiate them. I hardly thought of him as a Pozzato. Anyway, I defer to the opinion and knowledge of DT and flicker, both of whom I know have a longer history than my 4 years of watching cycling year-round (although I am suspicious that the only reason DT doesn't like Rebellin is because he beat Boogerd)...
skidmark

18 Nov 2010 15:18

there was something special about always seeing those big white teeth coming anxiously short.
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo
Veteran

09 Aug 2015 10:41

Davide turns 44 today. Showed in Pologne he's still not done. Would be cool if he could win another Italian classic later in the season.
User avatar Billie

Re:

09 Aug 2015 19:46

Billie wrote:Davide turns 44 today. Showed in Pologne he's still not done. Would be cool if he could win another Italian classic later in the season.

Emilia again is possible with the devaluation of that race in the past years.
User avatar Arredondo
Veteran

Re: Re:

09 Aug 2015 20:45

Arredondo wrote:
Billie wrote:Davide turns 44 today. Showed in Pologne he's still not done. Would be cool if he could win another Italian classic later in the season.

It is, CCC is also invited to Lombardia, but i doubt RCS will let him race it. But if he does, i think he also has a small shot there.
User avatar markene2

09 Aug 2015 20:49

Ain't it funny that 10 years after his grande Ardennes triple and piccolo principe's breakthrough, Rebellin still still is the better / more likely classics winner?
User avatar staubsauger

09 Aug 2015 20:59

Cunego has 3 Lombardia's plus the Amstel since his Giro, Rebellin only 2 Fleche's since his tre-bellin?
User avatar Billie

09 Aug 2015 21:27

markene2 wrote:
Arredondo wrote:

It is, CCC is also invited to Lombardia, but i doubt RCS will let him race it. But if he does, i think he also has a small shot there.

It's a disgrace the way Horner and Rebellin are treated but younger cyclists with the same alleged past are welcomed with open arms.
User avatar TMP402
Veteran

10 Aug 2015 00:06

Arredondo wrote:

He is far from his records in Huy and thing like that, but Emilia is still a posibility. he has a lot of experience and he didnt race a lot of days in the season, so he is fresh to some races.
User avatar Taxus4a

10 Aug 2015 01:07

TMP402 wrote:
markene2 wrote:
Arredondo wrote:

It's a disgrace the way Horner and Rebellin are treated but younger cyclists with the same alleged past are welcomed with open arms.

This
Scarponi

Re: Rebellin appreciation thread.

14 Nov 2017 18:28

old magazine advertisement from when Davide was with the old first Liquigas team
User avatar ciranda

14 Nov 2017 20:44

This man will ride beyond 50, i've read some days ago on his Facebook page that he already started training for next season even if i think he doesn't have a contract signed at the moment.
Nirvana

Re:

14 Nov 2017 20:49

Nirvana wrote:This man will ride beyond 50, i've read some days ago on his Facebook page that he already started training for next season even if i think he doesn't have a contract signed at the moment.

By his own admission they guy doesn't have a live outside cycling.
User avatar Mayomaniac

Previous

Return to Professional road racing