Register

Luis Leon Sanchez

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

25 Feb 2010 20:07

but he was a later developer.
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

25 Feb 2010 21:07

blackcat wrote:Sammy Sanchez is 32.

Now that's entirely different. You have to be clearer on that. You can't say "is" (as in: right now) and expect us to guess you mean one now versus the other many years ago ;)
issoisso

Location: Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!.......or something...

26 Feb 2010 20:48

I started the same thread a month ago after his win in australia :rolleyes:

I see there are others with same interest.

LLS is pretty incredible and this year is his year, someone said is same age as contador but he is one year younger. LLS in a team such SKY would be for the cobbles. Anyway together with kreuziger and EBH I see him as the ones with bigger engine.

This year is his year: he will be among the top 5 cyclist of the year. Believe me.
Aguirre

26 Feb 2010 23:03

nah, cant believe he will be top 5. But interesting to see if he can wrest any leadership from Valv Piti.
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

26 Feb 2010 23:34

After last year I was tipping a big year for him this year. I'm just wondering if he is in good form he may be given leadership in the giro. bruseghin might have something to say about it. The point on killer instinct may be something, having a little too much and blowing up on other days instead of conserving. It took valverde a little while to work it out as well.
The team looks awesome in my opinion, and I look forward to seeing what they can do.

I was impressed in oz, but beating Contador in a TT counts for a little more.
karlboss

27 Feb 2010 00:37

karlboss wrote:After last year I was tipping a big year for him this year. I'm just wondering if he is in good form he may be given leadership in the giro. bruseghin might have something to say about it. The point on killer instinct may be something, having a little too much and blowing up on other days instead of conserving. It took valverde a little while to work it out as well.
The team looks awesome in my opinion, and I look forward to seeing what they can do.

I see him as a better version of his new Italian teammate Marzio Bruseghin. A rider that could podium in the Giro or the Vuelta if he trained specifically for it. Love him as a rider, and hope he does reach his full potential and is able to eventually contend. He's got the TT down, now he just needs to wise up with more experience.
User avatar nvpacchi

27 Feb 2010 09:43

karlboss wrote:After last year I was tipping a big year for him this year. I'm just wondering if he is in good form he may be given leadership in the giro. bruseghin might have something to say about it. The point on killer instinct may be something, having a little too much and blowing up on other days instead of conserving. It took valverde a little while to work it out as well.

He won't be doing the Giro. Caisse's leaders for the Giro will be Urán, Bruseghin and someone else i'm forgetting...might've been Soler
issoisso

28 Feb 2010 09:20

damn, pretty excited about uran though.
karlboss

28 Feb 2010 12:43

Ok if Luis Leon is not going to become a GC guy, then what happens if Valverde doesn't ride the Tour de France?
User avatar Glockers

01 Mar 2010 02:31

LLS will probably ride a similar race to what he did last year and target a few of the intermediate stages during the second and third weeks. He is a very classy stage hunter/one week racer but I'm not convinced that he is strong enough or crazy enough to truly compete for GC in a GT.
How to ride like a Tour champion!

proof noun (SHOWING TRUTH)

B2 [C or U] a fact or piece of information that shows that something exists or is true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...ritish/proof_1

evidence noun [U] uk /ˈev.ɪ.dəns/ us

B2 one or more reasons for believing that something is or is not true

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...itish/evidence
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

01 Mar 2010 08:13

42x16ss wrote:LLS will probably ride a similar race to what he did last year and target a few of the intermediate stages during the second and third weeks.

That was only because he made a big deal of being ready to ride for the GC and not going to let the team down, etc....then losing time in the very first GC stage
issoisso

01 Mar 2010 10:31

I'd imagine the 'other' leader for Caisse in the Giro would have to be David Arroyo, he's come top 10 there twice before (albeit only if you remove di Luca's 2009 result) and put in a good showing. Sadly his time trial makes Fränk Schleck look like Fabian Cancellara.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

01 Mar 2010 10:46

Libertine Seguros wrote:I'd imagine the 'other' leader for Caisse in the Giro would have to be David Arroyo, he's come top 10 there twice before (albeit only if you remove di Luca's 2009 result) and put in a good showing. Sadly his time trial makes Fränk Schleck look like Fabian Cancellara.

Weirdly enough, given the route, Arroyo's said that this year he'll be doing Tour+Vuelta instead
issoisso

01 Mar 2010 11:15

blackcat wrote:could never climb nor tt til he hooked up with IgorGdG

We could say the same about Wigans. Not that I care...it was a fair call on my favouring of riders. We all know it isn't ten, nor two years back that matters, it is current form. Samu a third tier rider? How would you describe CVV, Levi, Kloden and Lance then? Samu, regardless of how he achieved his form, is arguably in the group trailing Contador and Schleck 1 and 2 in the climbing stakes. He is very good at the end of three weeks and has a nice kick. Add in Menchov, Valverde, Gesink and Evans to this group with some of the Liquigas guys and we find the top tier of climbers. They can all climb, there are just big differences in how they climb and their kick. Samu is not at the bottom of this group, his Vuelta podiums show that.

LLS is also a great rider to watch. Style, charisma and smart. His win in the Tour last year was very good. Great to watch. Hopefully he can go on and win a 3rd stage in 3 years this July. Great asset to help Valverde along with Soler Hernandez.
User avatar Galic Ho

01 Mar 2010 11:18

Glockers wrote:Ok if Luis Leon is not going to become a GC guy, then what happens if Valverde doesn't ride the Tour de France?

Valverde is riding. He will get a lot of help to. Add in his Vuelta win, Valverde will believe he can podium in France. Alejandro will top 5.
User avatar Galic Ho

01 Mar 2010 13:31

issoisso wrote:Weirdly enough, given the route, Arroyo's said that this year he'll be doing Tour+Vuelta instead

Probably to do with his climbing like Van Hummel in the Tour after his stellar Giro. Better support for Valverde if he's brought his climbing legs.

And surely, if Valverde is taking a stint on the naughty step, then there's Sánchez and the youngsters like Costa for stagehunting, and the likes of Soler or Cobo to hunt for the KOM. And Rubén Plaza, though his presence at the Tour will have me putting my heart in my mouth in fear of a positive test spelling doom for the team for the rest of his life.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

15 Feb 2018 21:31

Luisle appears to be on the form of his life right now. 2nd at Valencia, with a couple of nice stages, then Murcia, and now to start Andalucia with a good showing.
User avatar Koronin

15 Feb 2018 21:38

I think this might be some sort of record for how long a rider thread has been lying dormant before getting resurrected.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

15 Feb 2018 21:49

Very possibly, however with how he's been racing recently, I think he deserves a little recognition. :) Plus if there was already a thread for him, didn't want to start a new one.
User avatar Koronin

15 Feb 2018 22:19

Lol yaah, I haven't seen this Luis Leon since his Caisse d' Epargne days. I hope for a great showing in Paris-Nice, he still has one more stage win left in him and probably a top 5/10 on this route. Or maybe he will go full retard Gilbert-resurrection, that would be mighty fun.
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing