Log in:  

Register

Euro 2016

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

10 Jul 2016 20:03

A shame European football doesn't have unlimited substitutions like American sports. There we see someone in Ronaldo's situation going into the locker room for 30 minutes, being pumped full of all kinds of drugs, then coming back on to be the heroe in the finale
User avatar The Hitch
Veteran
 
Posts: 28,701
Joined: 14 Jun 2010 10:58
Location: London.

Re:

10 Jul 2016 20:03

BigMac wrote:I don't know what's more disgraceful, the ref not even seeing that or the french booing Ronaldo as he was assisted by the medical team. Not even some cheering as he left the pitch. Utter disgust.

And Flamin, no, other players don't play in Ronaldo's service. That's a myth propagated by the media which has no back up whatsoever in the game.

And CMP, I expected better from you man. Why should he not cry? What's with this rubbish that men don't or shouldn't cry? He was taken out of the final 20 minutes in because of a foul that wasn't even called. Any sensible human being would break down in tears if they were suddenly stripped of such an important moment in their lives as this.

Gutted.


So you don't think others have to run more because Ronaldo only spends energy in attack? :o
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,212
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2016 20:07

Flamin wrote:
BigMac wrote:I don't know what's more disgraceful, the ref not even seeing that or the french booing Ronaldo as he was assisted by the medical team. Not even some cheering as he left the pitch. Utter disgust.

And Flamin, no, other players don't play in Ronaldo's service. That's a myth propagated by the media which has no back up whatsoever in the game.

And CMP, I expected better from you man. Why should he not cry? What's with this rubbish that men don't or shouldn't cry? He was taken out of the final 20 minutes in because of a foul that wasn't even called. Any sensible human being would break down in tears if they were suddenly stripped of such an important moment in their lives as this.

Gutted.


So you don't think others have to run more because Ronaldo only spends energy in attack? :o


Ronaldo only spends energy in attack? He's constantly at the back defending during corners and free-kicks and lots of times he starts the plays himself at our own area. I see why you think that Portugal play for Ronaldo - you're premise is based on a lie. ;)

Cheers.
''The battle between Démare and Bouhanni for being France's best sprinter is decided: it's Coquard.'' - BBB
User avatar BigMac
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,340
Joined: 10 Jun 2013 22:10
Location: Estoril, Portugal

10 Jul 2016 20:15

I hope portuguese players are aware that it will be extra harder to score through crosses, even more than in the last games, because we have no real aerial threat.
User avatar lenric
Member
 
Posts: 1,330
Joined: 19 May 2014 21:52

10 Jul 2016 20:16

Defending at set pieces? That must take a lot out of him on, oh come on. You cannot be serious if you claim Ronaldo does not have the freedom to regularly skip defensive duties.
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,212
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

10 Jul 2016 20:19

Btw, how do you explain that Ronaldo has by far the most shots on goal this EC? Bale is 2nd with 19 (!!) shots less. You think Nani gets away with shooting from every angle on the pitch?
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,212
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

Re:

10 Jul 2016 20:28

BigMac wrote:And CMP, I expected better from you man. Why should he not cry? What's with this rubbish that men don't or shouldn't cry? He was taken out of the final 20 minutes in because of a foul that wasn't even called. Any sensible human being would break down in tears if they were suddenly stripped of such an important moment in their lives as this.

For one simple reason: tears communicate insecurity. An alpha male is not insecure.
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,400
Joined: 14 Mar 2016 09:24
Location: SW Europe

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2016 20:40

CheckMyPecs wrote:
For one simple reason: tears communicate insecurity. An alpha male is not insecure.


I hope this is sarcasm.
Merckx index
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,163
Joined: 27 Jul 2010 19:19

Re:

10 Jul 2016 20:42

The Hitch wrote:What is it with Ronaldo having health issues every time France make the final in Paris.

The Hitch wrote:A shame European football doesn't have unlimited substitutions like American sports. There we see someone in Ronaldo's situation going into the locker room for 30 minutes, being pumped full of all kinds of drugs, then coming back on to be the heroe in the finale
2 x +1. great pair of comments.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

10 Jul 2016 20:45

agree with Bigmac. It's a myth that some players would be underperforming playing with ronaldo.
ronaldo's presence and particular skill set gave the team structure as well as a clear and straightforward tactical plan.

anyway, the game is finally coming to life now. What an epically poor final this has been thus far.
imo nani is still the most likely guy to score for portugal, but if he does, it's going to be despite ronaldo's injury.
he looked much more dangerous alongside ronaldo.
Last edited by sniper on 10 Jul 2016 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
sniper
Veteran
 
Posts: 13,578
Joined: 15 Oct 2010 23:36

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2016 20:45

Merckx index wrote:
CheckMyPecs wrote:
For one simple reason: tears communicate insecurity. An alpha male is not insecure.


I hope this is sarcasm.


Judging by the avatar, the self-quoted signature and previous posting I'd hope that this is a parody account
User avatar The Principal Sheep
Member
 
Posts: 633
Joined: 02 Apr 2013 09:10

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2016 20:48

Merckx index wrote:
CheckMyPecs wrote:
For one simple reason: tears communicate insecurity. An alpha male is not insecure.


I hope this is sarcasm.

You are welcome to challenge any of those two statements with your own arguments. :)
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,400
Joined: 14 Mar 2016 09:24
Location: SW Europe

10 Jul 2016 20:49

Image

i too am distraught by suggestions....that this is the worst tournament....ever

Mark L
User avatar ebandit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,918
Joined: 02 Aug 2012 18:24

10 Jul 2016 20:50

Tears communicate emotion not necessarily insecurity
del1962
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,351
Joined: 16 Oct 2012 17:20

Re: Re:

10 Jul 2016 20:53

The Principal Sheep wrote:
Merckx index wrote:
CheckMyPecs wrote:
For one simple reason: tears communicate insecurity. An alpha male is not insecure.


I hope this is sarcasm.


Judging by the avatar, the self-quoted signature and previous posting I'd hope that this is a parody account


Have you not been reading his posts since he joined up? No shock and not a parody account. It's who he is.
User avatar jaylew
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,500
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 05:46
Location: ATX

10 Jul 2016 20:57

Bahhh I don't care who wins, please let it end.

This is somehow an appropriate final for this terrible tournament.
User avatar Maaaaaaaarten
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,401
Joined: 23 Oct 2011 17:47

10 Jul 2016 20:57

Apart from Ronaldo's injury, Portugal is having remarkable amount of luck in this game. Given their approach today they would be appropriate winners for such a disappointing and negative tournament.
User avatar Põhja Konn
Member
 
Posts: 402
Joined: 01 Sep 2012 17:09

Re:

10 Jul 2016 21:02

Maaaaaaaarten wrote:Bahhh I don't care who wins, please let it end.

This is somehow an appropriate final for this terrible tournament.


Exactly what I intended to post.
#FeeltheBern
User avatar Amsterhammer
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,924
Joined: 22 Jun 2009 08:29
Location: Amsterdam

10 Jul 2016 21:14

France have a small advantage over Portugal, but unless they ram it home in the next 15 minutes, it'll be a 50/50 lottery in the penalty kicks.
Check 'em!
User avatar CheckMyPecs
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,400
Joined: 14 Mar 2016 09:24
Location: SW Europe

10 Jul 2016 21:18

Lol, Clattenburg can pray to god this was not a goal.
User avatar Flamin
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,212
Joined: 04 Jan 2011 00:31

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Back to top