Register

Wigans goes there. Cadence!

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

11 Sep 2016 07:36

I have no problem with Wiggins investing in a women's team - the more high profile names that attach themselves to the sport, the better.

The more pertinent question for me is, am I comfortable with someone with Wiggins' views being in the sport? Is the trade off worth it.

Pragmatically - yes. His involvement, if it happens, should have a positive impact on the sport. All the better if he is the magnet for sponsors and investment but stays behind the scenes. I suspect his commitment to the women's sport is akin to Cookson's - it's a nice piece of PR fluff that makes him look good but doesn't actually have to be actioned. Somewhat like the charity/not actually a charity.
MmeDesgrange

11 Sep 2016 22:30

I'll believe it when I see it. Not because I don't expect a women's madison, but more because the current track program has just kicked out all of the interesting endurance track events which have elements of chance, tactics and develop over time, and left us with nothing but short distance burst events like the team sprint and keirin. I'd love to see a much more balanced Olympic track program brought back. Sprint, IP, TP, Points or Madison, Omnium. No team sprint, ever. If we can get it, the kilo back in place of the BMX, but I don't think that will be possible now.
User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

15 Sep 2016 09:58

So over the course of his career, Wiggins has had 3 TUEs for triamcinolone acetonide, one just before the 2011 Tour, one just before the 2012 Tour, and one just before the 2013 Giro

Nothing to see here
User avatar PremierAndrew

Re:

15 Sep 2016 09:59

PremierAndrew wrote:So over the course of his career, Wiggins has had 3 TUEs for triamcinolone acetonide, one just before the 2011 Tour, one just before the 2012 Tour, and one just before the 2013 Giro

Nothing to see here

Could you elaborate on what it does ?
veji11

15 Sep 2016 10:02

It's a steroid, that gets regularly prescribed to the general public for things like skin inflammation. I've had it myself once for contact dermatitis. The point however is the timing of his TUEs. That's extremely suspicious

Re:

15 Sep 2016 10:05

PremierAndrew wrote:It's a steroid, that gets regularly prescribed to the general public for things like skin inflammation. I've had it myself once for contact dermatitis. The point however is the timing of his TUEs. That's extremely suspicious

and Hayfever. Might be a sensible precaution if you're about to spend all day every day out in the fresh air for three weeks in summer.
Winnats

Re: Re:

15 Sep 2016 10:06

Winnats wrote:
PremierAndrew wrote:It's a steroid, that gets regularly prescribed to the general public for things like skin inflammation. I've had it myself once for contact dermatitis. The point however is the timing of his TUEs. That's extremely suspicious

and Hayfever. Might be a sensible precaution if you're about to spend all day every day out in the fresh air for three weeks in summer.

It's not like he'd train in the fresh air for long periods of time outside the three week races is it? Or let me guess, hayfever only hits him while he's racing

15 Sep 2016 10:25

nothing new here, we already knew Froome is the moral winner of 2012 TdF :D

but seriously now , it looks worse than before, kinda lots of TUE's and with some suspicious connection to his grand tour starts.
Amnes2015

15 Sep 2016 10:49

https://twitter.com/Juicedx2/status/776186543069237248

Leinders and Zorzoli really worked their magic for Wiggins.

He was some sick guy and winning all season long. Imagine what he could do healthy!!!!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

15 Sep 2016 10:58

wow what Wiggins took is 8x more powerful than prendisone ?

Il Cobra ‏@IlCobra21 12h12 hours ago
@Juicedx2 @OfficialWIGGINS 8 times more potent than pred...https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/archives/fdaDrugInfo.cfm?archiveid=1787 … That's 320mg of pred....RIDICULOUS!!!!
Amnes2015

15 Sep 2016 11:05

Wiggins Triamcinolone acetonide TUE at least according to the RAST test is for an allergy to grass pollen, so probably preventative at that time of year. Not sure how performance-enhancing a 40mg Triamcinolone acetonide injection really is although my Father gets prescribed it for bad allergies in July and take his in June and it lasts around 1 month before he needs another dose usually.
samhocking

Re:

15 Sep 2016 11:15

Amnes2015 wrote:wow what Wiggins took is 8x more powerful than prendisone ?

Il Cobra ‏@IlCobra21 12h12 hours ago
@Juicedx2 @OfficialWIGGINS 8 times more potent than pred...https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/archives/fdaDrugInfo.cfm?archiveid=1787 … That's 320mg of pred....RIDICULOUS!!!!

Wiggins TUE is not for a nasal spray and it's not for nasacort because it's via a 40mg onetime injection of Kenalog lol!
samhocking

15 Sep 2016 11:22

PremierAndrew wrote:
Winnats wrote:

It's not like he'd train in the fresh air for long periods of time outside the three week races is it? Or let me guess, hayfever only hits him while he's racing

Depends on the weather and the location, french fields in the middle of summer are going to have a much higher pollen count than Spanish mountains or the swiss alps in April.
MatParker117

15 Sep 2016 11:33

The obvious thing to say is Triamcinolone acetonide is so good for Wiggins he's won more far more races without it than with it if that really is all his TUE's Fancy Bear uploaded from ADAMS?
samhocking

15 Sep 2016 11:35

PremierAndrew wrote:
Winnats wrote:

you're clearly clueless about hayfever. it all depends what kind of pollen you're allergic to. for instance certain tree's are incredibly hard on pollen allergy and they blossom half april till half may, my girlfriend can barely work during this time of the year or sleep. and many grass pollen only start to really blossom in late june and july.
User avatar Ryo Hazuki
Veteran

15 Sep 2016 11:40

Ryo Hazuki wrote:
PremierAndrew wrote:
Winnats wrote:

you're clearly clueless about hayfever. it all depends what kind of pollen you're allergic to. for instance certain tree's are incredibly hard on pollen allergy and they blossom half april till half may, my girlfriend can barely work during this time of the year or sleep. and many grass pollen only start to really blossom in late june and july.

Something like this: http://zirtek.co.uk/hayfever/pollen_calendar
simoni

15 Sep 2016 12:00

Ryo Hazuki wrote:
PremierAndrew wrote:
Winnats wrote:

No I know about hayfever. Luckily wiggins doesn't seem to train outdoors during the summer outside of races, or he'd need a TUE for his hayfever then too. He just turns up at the races without any prep or solely using rollers
Last edited by PremierAndrew on 15 Sep 2016 12:01, edited 1 time in total.

15 Sep 2016 12:00

The thing to focus on in the 2012 TUE is his RAST and Endoscopy results clearly says Timothy Grass allergy which at least in France would be around June/July highest counts. Clearly he won Dauphine, Paris-Nice and Olympics ITT without a TUE assuming the 2012 TUE is everything on ADAMS Fancy Bear found?
samhocking

15 Sep 2016 12:15

PremierAndrew wrote:
Ryo Hazuki wrote:
PremierAndrew wrote:
Winnats wrote:

No I know about hayfever. Luckily wiggins doesn't seem to train outdoors during the summer outside of races, or he'd need a TUE for his hayfever then too. He just turns up at the races without any prep or solely using rollers
PremierAndrew wrote:
Winnats wrote:

This is brilliant. When you clearly have no idea what you are talking about it's usually best to keep quiet or you end up looking like a fool. Persistence only perpetuates that view. Wiggins TUE was for a glucocorticosteroid. These are listed in the WADA prohibited list under S9. which are prohibited in competition.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

15 Sep 2016 12:29

This is the thing with the TUE, many aren't aware of the difference between In-Competition and All the time lists. You're only ever going to see a TUE for glucocorticosteroids during a race.
samhocking

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic