Register

Youth CQ Ranking Game 2017

Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Moderators: Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

30 Dec 2016 11:45

MADRAZO wrote:I mentioned this last year too and I agree with others that the rule of "encouraged picking of the 2 1994+ is a bit annoying as it is confusing if its ill seen upon not doing so or not. I would be happy if it was a rule one had to do, as that would bring a extra element to the game, and forces a lot of interesting research, but making it voluntary with the "encouraged " that could be interpreted differently is a bit confusing and therefore annoying. I have always picked the continental rider requested, because of the rule, and not wanting to go against the encouragement, being afraid that might be seen as semi-cheating, last season by adding Tusveld that did indeed turn out a fine pick, but had the encouragement not been there I might have picked differently as others are mentioning pro conti riders might often have more scoring potential, so following the encouragement has often felt like a handicap. I think its fine to encouragere picking young riders, but it should not be mentioned directly in the rules if it is indeed 100% voluntary.

I agree. I've added a note in the OP regarding this encouragement and I'll send out a PM to all who've entered already to make them aware that this encouragement is voluntary and offer them the opportunity to revise their teams.

Ideally, I'd want to make this a requirement, but as I already mentioned, it would make processing the teams an even bigger PITA. It could be possible though, and if some Excel wizard has an idea how this could be made easier through the spreadsheet, I'd gladly hear your input :)
It could be incentivized as well, but then the question is, what should be the reward? Double points for all .NC and 2.2 races? That would be a spreadsheet nightmare. A headstart of an x number of points would be easier, but what should the number be?

PS: all this is just some brainstorming for future editions and not something I'd want to implement right away
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Youth CQ Ranking Game 2017

31 Dec 2016 16:12

I've just added another bunch of names to the list in the 2nd post. If you've sent in a team and don't see your name in this list, please send me another PM :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

01 Jan 2017 21:48

LaFlorecita wrote:Youth CQ Ranking Game 2017

3.2. Eligibility

ii) be riding at Continental level or lower, born in 1992 or younger, without having previously ridden as a professional.

Hi, I have a doubt, OWEN Logan is eligible? He ran in continental level, is considered professional cyclist in continental level?
Thanks.
Pantani1

02 Jan 2017 09:10

Pantani1 wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Youth CQ Ranking Game 2017

3.2. Eligibility

ii) be riding at Continental level or lower, born in 1992 or younger, without having previously ridden as a professional.

Hi, I have a doubt, OWEN Logan is eligible? He ran in continental level, is considered professional cyclist in continental level?
Thanks.

No, professional level is only ProContinental and WorldTour. So, he is eligible :)

By the way, some other posters have reported issues with sending PMs before having made 10 posts, so if you can't send me a PM, try to post until you have 10 :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

02 Jan 2017 16:56

[quote="Pantani1"][quote="LaFlorecita"]Youth CQ Ranking Game 2017

I have sendy my team.
Welcome Fran!!!
Ludwigzgz

02 Jan 2017 19:05

I think Flo's (aand others) assessment of the rule re including u23 riders is correct. Perhaps it could be downgraded from a rule to hint/tip for enjoying the game?

Flo - really chuffed to see this thread and the number of teams submitted already.
mc_mountain

Re:

02 Jan 2017 19:26

mc_mountain wrote:I think Flo's (aand others) assessment of the rule re including u23 riders is correct. Perhaps it could be downgraded from a rule to hint/tip for enjoying the game?

Flo - really chuffed to see this thread and the number of teams submitted already.

Hey mc! Long time no see :) I'm not quite sure what to do with the rule for now. Will brainstorm during the season to figure out what's best :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

Re: Re:

02 Jan 2017 19:40

LaFlorecita wrote:
mc_mountain wrote:I think Flo's (aand others) assessment of the rule re including u23 riders is correct. Perhaps it could be downgraded from a rule to hint/tip for enjoying the game?

Hey mc! Long time no see :) I'm not quite sure what to do with the rule for now. Will brainstorm during the season to figure out what's best :)

Also I think that with the value on offer from ex-juniors with zero points there is the chance to find very profitable u23 riders and a rider such as Rohan Dennis who was available for 10 points in a 2012 version of this game and went on to score 271... so a player can be rewarded for taking a risk on riders in this category without feeling obliged to do so.
mc_mountain

03 Jan 2017 11:30

Hello everyone!

Last day to get your team in, after the deadline I will do one last check, please don't post your teams immediately because I want to give people who send their teams in just before the deadline the opportunity to correct possible mistakes in their lineups :)

We have 36 entrants so far and I'm waiting for a couple more to get back to me with replacements/amendments, so we should definitely break 40. I've listed all accepted teams in the 2nd post of this thread, if you sent in a team, please check to see if your name is in this list, if not, send me a PM just to be sure. NB this list does not include those who've sent in a team with ineligible riders.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

03 Jan 2017 17:13

Officially, the submission deadline has passed. The publication deadline is tomorrow, January 4th 23:00 CET.
If you'd still wish to participate, send me your team ASAP, however know that I do not have to accept it... ;) :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

03 Jan 2017 22:29

Sorry Flo I didn't have time to enter this year (and thanks for putting the time to make this game enjoyable throughout the year), I barely got my main CQ team in as it is. Good luck to all and hopefully I'll rejoin the fun next year.
User avatar EvansIsTheBest

04 Jan 2017 15:05

I still received two teams late last night and one person wanted to add a rider to their team: I have accepted all three

We have 46 participants - only four less than last year, which is great with the early deadline; the entire list is below. If you cannot find your name on the list but did send a team, contact me via PM as soon as possible

Flo
snccdcno
scrooll07
fauniera
comodoro
just some guy
laarsland
LosBrolin
Hakkie2
togo95
torcia_86
rodanafrenteguigs
Wallenquist
GP Blanco
Pentacycle
Joelsim
AupaPyama
Leadbelly
del1962
Squire
Kazistuta
Armchair Cyclist
Josedin
Arb
LukasCPH
Roubaix
Tych23
search
shawnm4747
Ludwigzgz
marty
Trudgin
postmanhat
allobroges
MADRAZO
Kryvo
Pantani1
DJW
Midge
Slapshot
Nicosix
al_pacino
CraZyCaLL
rote_lanterne
skidmark
18-Valve

Together with snccdcno I have checked all teams another time and it seems no ineligible riders have slipped through this time - fingers crossed

Feel free to post your team from 23:00 CET on, I will post the spreadsheet and popularity data first thing in the morning :)

I've also made the spreadsheet a bit more update-friendly so if you'd like to try helping out with an update every now and then, let me know :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran

04 Jan 2017 22:21

COSTA Adrien
KOLAHDOUZ HAGH Amir
SCHACHMANN Maximilian
MAS NICOLAU Enric
VENDRAME Andrea
ÖRKEN Ahmet
PLANCKAERT Edward
VAN DER POEL Mathieu
MINALI Riccardo
MARONESE Marco
DOULL Owain
CARAPAZ MONTENEGRO Richard Antonio
MCNULTY Brandon
CINK Ondrej
SOSA CUERVO Ivan Ramiro
snccdcno

04 Jan 2017 23:03

GARCIA CORTINA Ivan
INSAUSTI IRASTORZA Jon Ander
MAS NICOLAU Enric
GIBBONS Ryan
DOULL Owain
CONSONNI Simone
GANNA Filippo
GESBERT Elie
PER David
MOSCA Jacopo
COSTA Adrien
GEBREIGZABHIER Amanuel Egerzeigzaarkha
SOLOMON Zemenfes
VAN DER POEL Mathieu
CINK Ondrej
Kryvo

04 Jan 2017 23:12

ALBANESE Vincenzo
CARAPAZ MONTENEGRO Richard Antonio
CONSONNI Simone
DOULL Owain
GALL Felix
GAUDU David
GEBREIGZABHIER Amanuel Egerzeigzaarkha
MAS NICOLAU Enric
MCNULTY Brandon
O'CONNOR Ben
OWEN Logan
SIVAKOV Pavel
RAVASI Edward
TURGIS Tanguy
VAN DER POEL Mathieu

I thought Gebreigzabhier might be an unique pick but he's at least at Kryvos team too. I had less time for my team this year than last but I hope I will end up in the top half of the game.
User avatar rote_laterne

04 Jan 2017 23:41

My team:

ALBANESE Vincenzo 159
TUSVELD Martijn 126
RAVASI Edward 114
SCHACHMANN Maximilian 101
MAS NICOLAU Enric 92
CONSONNI Simone 89
DIBBEN Jonathan 82
GARCIA CORTINA Ivan 62
SCOTSON Miles 42
GANNA Filippo 40
MINALI Riccardo 26
BALLERINI Davide 25
PETERS Nans 20
DOULL Owain 7
CINK Ondrej 0
MADRAZO

04 Jan 2017 23:57

My team

GAUDU David
FRANKINY Kilian
RAVASI Edward
DAVIES Scott
MAS NICOLAU Enric
CONSONNI Simone
DUNBAR Eddie
SCOTSON Miles
GANNA Filippo
BIERMANS Jenthe
LIENHARD Fabian
SHAW James
PETERS Nans
DOULL Owain
SOSA CUERVO Ivan Ramiro
del1962
Veteran

05 Jan 2017 00:16

My team:

ALBANESE Vincenzo 159
YSSAAD Yannis 138
POWLESS Neilson 115
SCHACHMANN Maximilian 101
DAVIES Scott 94
CONSONNI Simone 89
GIBBONS Ryan 67
VENDRAME Andrea 65
MALUCELLI Matteo 55
GANNA Filippo 40
VAN DER POEL Mathieu 38
PETERS Nans 20
ARIESEN Tim 16
PER Gorazd 0
HÖÖG Gustav 0

Unfortunately, I didn't realise Doull is eligible, otherwise I would have included him I think.
togo95

05 Jan 2017 08:01

My team for 2017
VENDRAME Andrea
MALUCELLI Matteo
ALBANESE Vincenzo
MARONESE Marco
SISR Frantisek
CATAFORD Alexander
OURSELIN Paul
PLANCKAERT Edward
DOULL Owain