Register

Pulling a Wiggins

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

02 Mar 2017 18:50

yaco wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Not very Lance of Wiggins.

Pity she didn't say "never tested positive" and "we like our credibility", but alas it seems Dame Wiggo is under pressure and she doesn't perform 2 well under pressure as we saw when it rained. :D F**king pouring now mate!!!!

You fail to understand Anti-Doping - Any investigation is private and therefore not for public consumption until UKAD has made a determination - Many fools in the world.

hahaha this has moved well past UKAD
who cares about a positive we don't need these any more
gillan1969

02 Mar 2017 18:54

Bet Halfords are fuming with their range of TeamWiggo bikes and apparel.

The silence again from the pros and former pros tells us so much.

Boardman not going to rock the boat unless details fall out of his closet......
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

02 Mar 2017 19:16

Benotti69 wrote:Bet Halfords are fuming with their range of TeamWiggo bikes and apparel.

I'm sure if they give away a free pair of artificial sideburns it will sweeten the deal for the punters.
bigcog

02 Mar 2017 20:34

bigcog wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:Bet Halfords are fuming with their range of TeamWiggo bikes and apparel.

I'm sure if they give away a free pair of artificial sideburns it will sweeten the deal for the punters.

Man, the depth of your humour is at adolescent age 12 level ;)
User avatar thehog
Veteran

02 Mar 2017 20:46

bigcog wrote:

They would be wiggganz type or JV type? Both equally inept to fulfill the job of pork-chops.

If we were talking smoking jackets and wine I'm sure they would sweeten the deal for all the sky fanz.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

02 Mar 2017 20:47

thehog wrote:
bigcog wrote:

I see you've been stirring the pot elsewhere ;)
bigcog

03 Mar 2017 10:44

bigcog wrote:
thehog wrote:
bigcog wrote:

I see you've been stirring the pot elsewhere ;)

Huh? On Twitter? Yeah, I post on Twitter. Jolly jolly hockey sticks!
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re:

03 Mar 2017 13:33

Benotti69 wrote:

I don't get this argument. Why should they be obliged to comment? If they did The Hive would just castigate them as hypocrites anyways wouldn't it? They're damned either way. We say they are all at it, but they're expected to speak up when others are caught?
I don't reckon keeping out of it says much one way or t'other.
Dan2016

03 Mar 2017 14:45

gillan1969 wrote:
yaco wrote:

Pity she didn't say "never tested positive" and "we like our credibility", but alas it seems Dame Wiggo is under pressure and she doesn't perform 2 well under pressure as we saw when it rained. :D F**king pouring now mate!!!!

You fail to understand Anti-Doping - Any investigation is private and therefore not for public consumption until UKAD has made a determination - Many fools in the world.

I feel sorry that you fail to understand the privacy provisions of the Anti-Doping framework - It has nothing to do with positive tests.
yaco

03 Mar 2017 14:47

yaco wrote:
gillan1969 wrote:
yaco wrote:

I feel sorry that you fail to understand the privacy provisions of the Anti-Doping framework - It has nothing to do with positive tests.

What provisions do you cite? Or are you using Bikeradar logic again? :eek:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

03 Mar 2017 21:14

Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

I don't get this argument. Why should they be obliged to comment? If they did The Hive would just castigate them as hypocrites anyways wouldn't it? They're damned either way. We say they are all at it, but they're expected to speak up when others are caught?

Kittel has had a go a plenty of small fry riders.

Dan Martin called it a 'witch hunt' saying that Sky are not that type of team. Dan Martin had a go at UCI for motorbikes in the sprint last month, but ignores doping at Sky. So let's call him on it.

Plenty in the sport had digs at Landis, Ricco, Rasmussen and Jaksche over the years.

Where is David St Anti-Doping Hero Millar? His silence deafening.

Where is Hoy, Boardman and other BC team mates who basked in the glory of winning gold with BC who it appears have a culture of doping, bullying and sexism? Very quick to defend BC some of them against Jess Varnish and castigate her. Now where are the apologies and castigation of Wiggins, Freeman and Brailsford?

JV 'thinks' Wiggins was clean at his team, even though JV told the world they had an internal testing system to prevent the riders doping. JV called Sky a clean team!

Omerta as strong as ever. Hypocrisy as big as ever.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

03 Mar 2017 21:22

Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

It's not so much about them being obliged to comment.
It's more about : if they were clean you'd expect them to comment.
And so yes, the silence speaks for itself.
sniper
Veteran

04 Mar 2017 10:00

Benotti69 wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

Dan Martin called it a 'witch hunt' saying that Sky are not that type of team. Dan Martin had a go at UCI for motorbikes in the sprint last month, but ignores doping at Sky. So let's call him on it.

Plenty in the sport had digs at Landis, Ricco, Rasmussen and Jaksche over the years.

Where is Hoy, Boardman and other BC team mates who basked in the glory of winning gold with BC who it appears have a culture of doping, bullying and sexism? Very quick to defend BC some of them against Jess Varnish and castigate her. Now where are the apologies and castigation of Wiggins, Freeman and Brailsford?

JV 'thinks' Wiggins was clean at his team, even though JV told the world they had an internal testing system to prevent the riders doping. JV called Sky a clean team!

Fair points Benotti. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with any of it. The sport is full of tossers of various shades fo' shizzle (Snoop Lion! Word!)
I just don't think we can assume silence over Sky at the moment is evidence of omerta. Maybe it is. Maybe some are just being cautious before jumping in as the whole thing is still playing out.

Is there still no dignity in keeping your own council? Has social media turned us all in to reactionaries as the new norm?
Dan2016

04 Mar 2017 10:10

sniper wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

I try not to foist my expectations onto others (that's not a dig at you by the way). I'm not reading much into the silence.

On seperate news: BBC Radio 4, Mathew Syed on now (Sky fanboy), my god what a f****** ***! :D
Dan2016

04 Mar 2017 14:37

Dan2016 wrote:
sniper wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

I try not to foist my expectations onto others (that's not a dig at you by the way). I'm not reading much into the silence.

On seperate news: BBC Radio 4, Mathew Syed on now (Sky fanboy), my god what a f****** ***! :D

If there were laws that prohibit deliberately pulling wool over the eyes of your readership, Syed would be behind bars.
sniper
Veteran

04 Mar 2017 15:39

Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

Fair points Benotti. I wouldn't necessarily disagree with any of it. The sport is full of tossers of various shades fo' shizzle (Snoop Lion! Word!)
I just don't think we can assume silence over Sky at the moment is evidence of omerta. Maybe it is. Maybe some are just being cautious before jumping in as the whole thing is still playing out.

Is there still no dignity in keeping your own council? Has social media turned us all in to reactionaries as the new norm?

Yes there is. Those in the public eye would do well to take your advice and keep their own council lest they be considered hypocrites and upholders of omerta. See Dan Martin for not waiting for a final outcome before declaring 'witch hunt'.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

04 Mar 2017 15:43

I see Team Wiggins are offering up to 60% of kits.........

:)
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

04 Mar 2017 15:52

Benotti69 wrote:I see Team Wiggins are offering up to 60% of kits.........

:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to restrain myself from buying this:

I still might (such a good deal!) because here in the US people still wear US Postal/Livestrong kits without shame, so I could probably get away with it... :D
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

04 Mar 2017 15:53

Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

I think we should all agitate for JTL's reinstatement.
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

04 Mar 2017 15:55

blackcat wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Dan2016 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:

I think we should all agitate for JTL's reinstatement.

He's already reinstated, but quit before the start to this season because he couldn't find a team or got sick of training, actually I don't know why he quit/retired but he did...
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic