Register

Pulling a Wiggins

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

05 Mar 2017 17:50

Thanks Dan.

I should have referenced that better, so thanks for tidying up on my behalf.

My most sincere and profuse apologies.....it's early here in NZ and I'm not fully caffeinated just yet.
User avatar JackRabbitSlims

Re:

05 Mar 2017 18:21

JackRabbitSlims wrote:Thanks Dan.

I should have referenced that better, so thanks for tidying up on my behalf.

My most sincere and profuse apologies.....it's early here in NZ and I'm not fully caffeinated just yet.

No need to apologize, I just wanted to make sure the author got credit for his work. :)
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

06 Mar 2017 15:07

I bet Wiggins was super pi$$ed that Millar got Maserati as a sponsor and he a Sir TdF winner got Skoda!!!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re: Pulling a Wiggins

06 Mar 2017 16:51

This Charming Man wrote:Although the doping allegations for SKY, Wiggins and perhaps other riders may be true, it is imperative to keep the investigation low key. We do not want to see a full blown Tygart witch hunt. This could be the tip of the iceburg, which would make cycling utterly unwatchable.

Welcome to The Clinic. There are many reasons why cycling remains a minor sport. The wholesale corruption is just one of them.

There aren't enough hours in the week to ride with all the fraudulent team jerseys I own! I want to add three this year, BC, Sky, Wiggins. I like the PDM one best.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

06 Mar 2017 17:27

DirtyWorks wrote:
This Charming Man wrote:Although the doping allegations for SKY, Wiggins and perhaps other riders may be true, it is imperative to keep the investigation low key. We do not want to see a full blown Tygart witch hunt. This could be the tip of the iceburg, which would make cycling utterly unwatchable.

Welcome to The Clinic. There are many reasons why cycling remains a minor sport. The wholesale corruption is just one of them.

There aren't enough hours in the week to ride with all the fraudulent team jerseys I own! I want to add three this year, BC, Sky, Wiggins. I like the PDM one best.
have you got a geWiss Ballan?
"Hitler … didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

06 Mar 2017 18:49

blackcat wrote:
DirtyWorks wrote:

have you got a geWiss Ballan?

Farm Frites Domo
Carrera
Telekom
USPS
Festina
Mapei
SystemU
LaVieClaire
etc
etc
etc
They all doped. Even Helvetia.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

06 Mar 2017 19:47

My personal favourite is the CSF-Navigare. Thing of beauty, that.

User avatar Libertine Seguros
Veteran

06 Mar 2017 20:35

:surprised:

User avatar thehog
Veteran

06 Mar 2017 21:12

Hoist with his own petard. And ’t shall go hard.
Electress

Re:

06 Mar 2017 21:37

Libertine Seguros wrote:My personal favourite is the CSF-Navigare. Thing of beauty, that.

I prefered Ceramiche Panaria.

Graeme de Bruijn #ftw.

I loved de Bruijn at the Giro, in the final ten km in a Giro sprint, he would take a tangent around the traffic-circle, and cause absolute havoc to those on the wheels to his left and right. one of my favourites. him and ricco.
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

06 Mar 2017 21:41

DirtyWorks wrote:

#WitchHunt

we are enabling madness.
User avatar blackcat
Veteran

07 Mar 2017 01:44

DirtyWorks wrote:

My favourite was my Phonak kit from '06. It went back into rotation mid 2011. The reactions from Armstrong fanboys (that were knowledgeable enough to know what it was) was beautiful :cool:
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

Re: Re:

07 Mar 2017 01:49

Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:I see Team Wiggins are offering up to 60% of kits.........

:)

I had to restrain myself from buying this:

I still might (such a good deal!) because here in the US people still wear US Postal/Livestrong kits without shame, so I could probably get away with it... :D

Wiggins might need the $$$$$s soon if he decides to lawyer up and no doubt some are hovering....

Purchase one and get someone to sew Kenacort logo onto the jersey :lol:

While I'm at it maybe I should have a Livestrong logo embroidered onto it too? :lol:

I'd be happy just with changing the team name to WIGANS :D
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

07 Mar 2017 14:01

I doubt Wiggins is taking any of this too well. His recent retweets of sycophants points to that.

The guy who turned up drunk at a charity for abused children and told the host to "suck him off" is not far away and shows a brittleness and a lack of control that will not take well to being hung out to dry while others ride off into the sunset. Wiggins doesn't have Armstrong's narcissism that will mean it would be water of a ducks back. Wiggins all to human and it wouldn't surprise me if he spits in the soup sooner or later.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

Re:

07 Mar 2017 14:08

Benotti69 wrote:I doubt Wiggins is taking any of this too well. His recent retweets of sycophants points to that.

The guy who turned up drunk at a charity for abused children and told the host to "suck him off" is not far away and shows a brittleness and a lack of control that will not take well to being hung out to dry while others ride off into the sunset picking up huge paychecks. Wiggins doesn't have Armstrong's narcissism that will mean it would be water of a ducks back. Wiggins all to human and it wouldn't surprise me if he spits in the soup sooner or later.

Fixed it for you.
User avatar BYOP88

07 Mar 2017 14:44

BYOP88 wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:I doubt Wiggins is taking any of this too well. His recent retweets of sycophants points to that.

The guy who turned up drunk at a charity for abused children and told the host to "suck him off" is not far away and shows a brittleness and a lack of control that will not take well to being hung out to dry while others ride off into the sunset picking up huge paychecks. Wiggins doesn't have Armstrong's narcissism that will mean it would be water of a ducks back. Wiggins all to human and it wouldn't surprise me if he spits in the soup sooner or later.

Fixed it for you.

Football players get huge paychecks, cyclists dont. I bet Froomey will be looking for paid work in 10 years!
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

07 Mar 2017 15:18

Wiggins should confess, take his 2 years and then he came comeback and win LaVuelta, like some old guys do ya know :D
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

07 Mar 2017 15:25

Benotti69 wrote:
BYOP88 wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Football players get huge paychecks, cyclists dont. I bet Froomey will be looking for paid work in 10 years!

Huh? Froome's being paid a minimum of 3 million euro's per annum, (which I'm suspecting that someone knows exactly how much he makes and can correct me on this) if he can't invest the money that he makes which will be well over 15 million euros, to set him up for the rest of his life and his children's lives then he's either the biggest dummy in the peloton or he let someone rip him off. Since it's prolly Michelle running the finances in the family I suspect she's smart enough to protect their fortune from disappearing.

On the point that cyclists don't make a lot of money, I completely agree. But, GT winners make the majority of all teams budgets and multiple TDF winners make bank. The rest are lucky if they can pay for living expenses while they figure out what to do after retirement. It's a sad state that pro cycling is in...
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

07 Mar 2017 15:31

Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
BYOP88 wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Huh? Froome's being paid a minimum of 3 million euro's per annum, (which I'm suspecting that someone knows exactly how much he makes and can correct me on this) if he can't invest the money that he makes which will be well over 15 million euros, to set him up for the rest of his life and his children's lives then he's either the biggest dummy in the peloton or he let someone rip him off. Since it's prolly Michelle running the finances in the family I suspect she's smart enough to protect their fortune from disappearing.

On the point that cyclists don't make a lot of money, I completely agree. But, GT winners make the majority of all teams budgets and multiple TDF winners make bank. The rest are lucky if they can pay for living expenses while they figure out what to do after retirement. It's a sad state that pro cycling is in...

Unless Froome is very smart that money gets spent very quickly. Most NFL players are broke 5 years after they retire and those guys are on big money.
User avatar Benotti69
Veteran

07 Mar 2017 15:40

Benotti69 wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Benotti69 wrote:
BYOP88 wrote:

Fixed it for you.

Unless Froome is very smart that money gets spent very quickly. Most NFL players are broke 5 years after they retire and those guys are on big money.

The broke ones are the ones with a "Posse", family members that come out of the woodwork and fleece them and stupid enough to let they're "financial advisor" (lots of times this person is a close childhood friend rather than an accredited financial professional) either make terrible losing investments or simply rip them off outright. There's a fantastic espn 30/30 documentary on this very subject. Froome doesn't have a posse, nor does he have a giant family from the hood. Unless he makes awful investments or gets ripped off he will be well off until he dies.
Darryl Webster wrote:
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic