Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

20 Apr 2017 18:55

Beech Mtn wrote:today:
Pres signs authorization for SecretaryRoss to investigate whether steel exports from China et al a threat to US national security.

Pres Trump also raises concerns about exports from Canada of dairy, timber and energy. Calls it "another NAFTA disaster."

I don't know why, but I read that in Trump's voice.
BullsFan22

Re:

20 Apr 2017 19:17

Last edited by BullsFan22 on 20 Apr 2017 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
BullsFan22

Re:

20 Apr 2017 19:18

Pres signs authorization for SecretaryRoss to investigate whether steel exports from China et al a threat to US national security.

Pres Trump also raises concerns about exports from Canada of dairy, timber and energy. Calls it "another NAFTA disaster."

I like it when we go after those soviet Canadians up nort. They get on their high horse about some war in 1812. No one in Merikah even knows about any war in 1812.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran

Re: Re:

20 Apr 2017 19:21

aphronesis wrote:
jmdirt wrote:
aphronesis wrote:@jmdirt: it's good that newyorker article told you what you needed to hear.

I need affirmation! :lol:

EDIT: I din't get that from the nyer article though.

Fair enough. Yet it did support you. And not wrong as it goes, there's a fishtank issue there.

Definitely, and I replied to the nyer link. I've been saying that quite a while, and then I read the 'affirmation not information' line last fall, and that summed it up better than I had been. At times I'm as bad as anyone, I run to the www to find 'facts' to prove my point, not to prove myself wrong. About 98% of my net use is for entertainment so there's not much hard science going on.
jmdirt

Re:

20 Apr 2017 19:22

aphronesis wrote:@semper, I was holding off. Not as angry either. Or maybe she took out Bill on the party. You should talk some sense.

Oh Huma, have to keep the T-dog in style. That will play so well on the mixed emotions of those who recognize "woman" as a category but hate the migrant fueled depreciation of wages and values.

True to form Democrats working leaks rather than substance.

I'm working on the sense part. Its hard cause she keeps drinking so much.

Huma never said a word about a book. I'm thinking she is the culprit on this leaks stuff. either that or the bulge or his computer is.

Anyhow I got to go my phone is ringing. Apparently Big Lots and Paul's Boutique has a ongoing sale of pant suits various color schemes and in wide sizes.
Veteran

Re: U.S. Politics

20 Apr 2017 20:08

Semper Fidelis wrote:
First, it's entertaining to see you trumpistas get all spooled up

Second, politics on a bike forum..c'mon..go ride your bike. Who here actually does that? I do more after I sold my....bike shop...duh.

I ride to and from work everyday but I'm not going to pretend like no one here rides. That would be very "wrong type of liberal demo party" of me. That seems to be what you're doing.

You seem to be the one getting "spooled up". From reading your posts it would appear to anyone outside of this bike forum that you have some type of obsession.

Tell ya what shipmate, if ya don't want to read my posts.........don't. Pretty easy. Ya love the Donald, good for you and so what.
User avatar Bustedknuckle

20 Apr 2017 20:30

Are we far enough from the election to discuss the electoral college?
jmdirt

20 Apr 2017 21:30

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:

Second, politics on a bike forum..c'mon..go ride your bike. Who here actually does that? I do more after I sold my....bike shop...duh.

I ride to and from work everyday but I'm not going to pretend like no one here rides. That would be very "wrong type of liberal demo party" of me. That seems to be what you're doing.

You seem to be the one getting "spooled up". From reading your posts it would appear to anyone outside of this bike forum that you have some type of obsession.

Tell ya what shipmate, if ya don't want to read my posts.........don't. Pretty easy. Ya love the Donald, good for you and so what.

Why can't you entertain the conversation that Trump is sub-standard, but politics are more than that? You're retired? Let air in. By your own admission you have nothing to lose, so stop playing for the team.
aphronesis
Veteran

20 Apr 2017 22:39

Bustedknuckle wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:

He's into Donald now too? Damn! First he two-times Quadfocals with her daughter and now Trump. No wonder Ole Girl drinks so much.

Sad.
Beech Mtn

20 Apr 2017 22:41

Semper Fidelis wrote:

I like it when we go after those soviet Canadians up nort. They get on their high horse about some war in 1812. No one in Merikah even knows about any war in 1812.

Clearly this is buildup for getting a wall on our northern border. And Trump hasn't even brought up the Canadian export of Ted Cruz yet either.
Beech Mtn

21 Apr 2017 00:14

....speaking of the olde girl.....hmmm, trouble brewing in river city....

The Watergate Style Break In That Covered Up Shocking Wave Of Clinton State Department Scandals

In 2013, it was first reported that the Clinton State Department had called off eight separate internal investigations into alleged misconduct by the diplomatic corps. When whistleblowers attempted to highlight the wave of coverups, they were subjected to a harassment campaign by the State Department. The law firm representing the former State Department employee who publicized the misconduct was broken into and key evidence stolen in an apparent effort to further obfuscate efforts to ensure a proper investigation into the crimes was carried out. The event was not given widespread attention by the media when it first emerged.

I. The U.S. Government Failed To Appoint An Inspector General For Five Years

Hillary Clinton was appointed to her position as Secretary of State on January 21, 2009, serving until February 1, 2013. From January 16, 2008 to September 30, 2013, the Obama administration had failed to appoint an Inspector General for the Department of State (DS). This led some lawmakers to question DS as to why the agency’s top watchdog position, tasked with investigating the practices of roughly 260 embassies worldwide, had been left empty for more than five years, creating the longest such vacancy in the history of any federal agency. This led Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA), chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and ranking member Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY) to write a letter to then Secretary of State John Kerry requesting that he urge the President to nominate a permanent Inspector General for the Department of State as soon as possible. Because DS lacked an Inspector General, Harold W. Geisel, the Deputy Inspector General, was appointed the interim Inspector General of the State Department. Geisel would remain in this position for the next five years, until June 2013.

In 2013, it was first reported that the Clinton State Department had called off eight separate internal investigations into alleged misconduct by the diplomatic corps during the time that there was no appointed inspector general. Of these eight quashed investigations, the one which has found its way back into the limelight, as a result of the media’s complete blackout of President Trump’s human trafficking busts, is that of the former U.S. Ambassador to Belgium, Howard Gutman. MSNBC’s Chuck Todd detailed these allegations in a video report from early June of 2013.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-20/

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

21 Apr 2017 00:23

Semper Fidelis wrote:

....more a case of not wanting to know about it, like its too embarrassing eh....word is youse guys got your asses handed to you on a platter....and the Blue House turned White from fright....

...and btw its not high horse, its high moose....and about that wall we have been promised...we're waiting and we are not amused, in fact quite cross....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

21 Apr 2017 09:53

Funny..yup, adolf does need a foil..can't wait for his twit-er, from the twit.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politics/gonzalo-curiel-donald-trump
User avatar Bustedknuckle

21 Apr 2017 10:29

....ah, are we finally seeing some real light on the election hacking thingee....

An article in the Guardian last week provides more confirmation that John Brennan was the American progenitor of political espionage aimed at defeating Donald Trump. One side did collude with foreign powers to tip the election — Hillary’s.

Seeking to retain his position as CIA director under Hillary, Brennan teamed up with British spies and Estonian spies to cripple Trump’s candidacy. He used their phony intelligence as a pretext for a multi-agency investigation into Trump, which led the FBI to probe a computer server connected to Trump Tower and gave cover to Susan Rice, among other Hillary supporters, to spy on Trump and his people.

John Brennan’s CIA operated like a branch office of the Hillary campaign, leaking out mentions of this bogus investigation to the press in the hopes of inflicting maximum political damage on Trump. An official in the intelligence community tells TAS that Brennan’s retinue of political radicals didn’t even bother to hide their activism, decorating offices with “Hillary for president cups” and other campaign paraphernalia.

A supporter of the American Communist Party at the height of the Cold War, Brennan brought into the CIA a raft of subversives and gave them plum positions from which to gather and leak political espionage on Trump. He bastardized standards so that these left-wing activists could burrow in and take career positions. Under the patina of that phony professionalism, they could then present their politicized judgments as “non-partisan.”

The Guardian story is written in a style designed to flatter its sources (they are cast as high-minded whistleblowers), but the upshot of it is devastating for them, nonetheless, and explains why all the criminal leaks against Trump first originated in the British press. According to the story, Brennan got his anti-Trump tips primarily from British spies but also Estonian spies and others. The story confirms that the seed of the espionage into Trump was planted by Estonia. The BBC’s Paul Wood reported last year that the intelligence agency of an unnamed Baltic State had tipped Brennan off in April 2016 to a conversation purporting to show that the Kremlin was funneling cash into the Trump campaign

https://spectator.org/confirmed-john-brennan-colluded-with-foreign-spies-to-defeat-trump/

....so there you have it, the real truth, not some of that fake truth you get at WalMart ( which is Shillary's favourite store don't you know... ).....now off with the traitors' heads , or up against the wall, or something, and no last cigarette because that is bad for your health ( but maybe a latte to go, but only as long as its fair trade and non-gmo )....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran

21 Apr 2017 10:53

aphronesis wrote:

#maplesyrup

#maplesyrup :idea:
Veteran

Re:

21 Apr 2017 10:55

jmdirt wrote:Are we far enough from the election to discuss the electoral college?

Sure.

Electoral College is a good University and a good way to win elections.
Veteran

21 Apr 2017 10:58

Beech Mtn wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:

Clearly this is buildup for getting a wall on our northern border. And Trump hasn't even brought up the Canadian export of Ted Cruz yet either.

We will get that wall built and the soviets to our nort will pay for it. I't going to be a huge deal.

Then just prior to re-election time 2020 in a speech somewhere in Michigan "Mr. Trudeau TEAR DOWN THIS WALL"
Veteran

21 Apr 2017 11:47

....the latest Roaming Charges...

Both Iran and North Korea have digested the core lesson of Libya, which is once you relinquish your most powerful weapons you’re dead. Qaddafi submitted to the demands of the West, turned over his aging stockpile of WMDs and promptly lost his country and then his head. Now Libya is the hottest marketplace in the world for the slave trade and Kim Jong-un is racing to install nuclear bombs on ICBMs. Well done, Hillary.

“Strategic patience” has become the new trigger phrase for generating neocon outrage. Trump’s inner circle of warmongers utter the phrase with the same acidic contempt that they once reserved for “nuance,” as if having the patience to develop a strategy to avoid nuclear annihilation is somehow an indicator of political spinelessness.

This kind of uber-male strutting was on full-display this week when Mike Pence went to the DMZ to stare down the North Koreans checking out the vice president a few dozen yards away. In his stentorian drone, Pence said they’d tried everything to deal with the intransigent North Koreans and were running out of non-military options—everything, it seems, but talking to them.

“The United States of America will always seek peace but under President Trump, the shield stands guard and the sword stands ready,” fumed Pence, using empurpled language he seems to have cribbed from the awful remake of Ben-Hur. The tougher Pence talks, the more ridiculous he sounds.

Pence’s trip to South Korea also gave rise to speculation over why the vice president took his wife to what has been called the most dangerous strip of land in the world, the DMZ. Was he using Karen as a human shield or did he need to be in her presence in order to have a private consultation with the country’s recently ousted president Park Geun-hye?

+ Even with Bernie out on the trail hyping the party, the Democrats’ favorability continues to plummet, especially among liberal/left independents. They are going the way of the Blairite/Labour Party in the UK, and, defying the laws of gravity, may actually hit bottom even sooner
Last edited by blutto on 21 Apr 2017 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar blutto
Veteran

21 Apr 2017 11:56

blutto wrote:....ah, are we finally seeing some real light on the election hacking thingee....

An article in the Guardian last week provides more confirmation that John Brennan was the American progenitor of political espionage aimed at defeating Donald Trump. One side did collude with foreign powers to tip the election — Hillary’s.

Seeking to retain his position as CIA director under Hillary, Brennan teamed up with British spies and Estonian spies to cripple Trump’s candidacy. He used their phony intelligence as a pretext for a multi-agency investigation into Trump, which led the FBI to probe a computer server connected to Trump Tower and gave cover to Susan Rice, among other Hillary supporters, to spy on Trump and his people.

John Brennan’s CIA operated like a branch office of the Hillary campaign, leaking out mentions of this bogus investigation to the press in the hopes of inflicting maximum political damage on Trump. An official in the intelligence community tells TAS that Brennan’s retinue of political radicals didn’t even bother to hide their activism, decorating offices with “Hillary for president cups” and other campaign paraphernalia.

A supporter of the American Communist Party at the height of the Cold War, Brennan brought into the CIA a raft of subversives and gave them plum positions from which to gather and leak political espionage on Trump. He bastardized standards so that these left-wing activists could burrow in and take career positions. Under the patina of that phony professionalism, they could then present their politicized judgments as “non-partisan.”

The Guardian story is written in a style designed to flatter its sources (they are cast as high-minded whistleblowers), but the upshot of it is devastating for them, nonetheless, and explains why all the criminal leaks against Trump first originated in the British press. According to the story, Brennan got his anti-Trump tips primarily from British spies but also Estonian spies and others. The story confirms that the seed of the espionage into Trump was planted by Estonia. The BBC’s Paul Wood reported last year that the intelligence agency of an unnamed Baltic State had tipped Brennan off in April 2016 to a conversation purporting to show that the Kremlin was funneling cash into the Trump campaign

https://spectator.org/confirmed-john-brennan-colluded-with-foreign-spies-to-defeat-trump/

....so there you have it, the real truth, not some of that fake truth you get at WalMart ( which is Shillary's favourite store don't you know... ).....now off with the traitors' heads , or up against the wall, or something, and no last cigarette because that is bad for your health ( but maybe a latte to go, but only as long as its fair trade and non-gmo )....

Cheers

I particularly liked this bit...

''Out of this Islamophilia came a special dislike of Michael Flynn, who had planned to rip up the Obama-era “reset” with Muslim countries. Furious with Flynn for his apostasy from political correctness, Brennan and other Obama aides couldn’t resist the temptation to take him out...'' :D ...it's like a trashy spy novel.

It's a funny article. I can't tell how serious they're being...dunno what to think any more...

So instead of Russiagate, what we have is Brennan, the scurrilous Muslim loving commie, teaming up with the classic movie-baddie Brits and those creepy Estonians to take town Donnie. Great stuff. And all this from a dubious 'a source said' Guardian article. At least yet another unnamed source told the Spectator something though, so that's good...
This speculation is great fun...I can picture the journos laughing their tits off writing this stuff.

Can someone please tell me what to think...it's getting exhausting...
Dan2016

21 Apr 2017 11:58

blutto wrote:....the latest Roaming Charges...

Both Iran and North Korea have digested the core lesson of Libya, which is once you relinquish your most powerful weapons you’re dead. Qaddafi submitted to the demands of the West, turned over his aging stockpile of WMDs and promptly lost his country and then his head. Now Libya is the hottest marketplace in the world for the slave trade and Kim Jong-un is racing to install nuclear bombs on ICBMs. Well done, Hillary.

“Strategic patience” has become the new trigger phrase for generating neocon outrage. Trump’s inner circle of warmongers utter the phrase with the same acidic contempt that they once reserved for “nuance,” as if having the patience to develop a strategy to avoid nuclear annihilation is somehow an indicator of political spinelessness.

This kind of uber-male strutting was on full-display this week when Mike Pence went to the DMZ to stare down the North Koreans checking out the vice president a few dozen yards away. In his stentorian drone, Pence said they’d tried everything to deal with the intransigent North Koreans and were running out of non-military options—everything, it seems, but talking to them.

“The United States of America will always seek peace but under President Trump, the shield stands guard and the sword stands ready,” fumed Pence, using empurpled language he seems to have cribbed from the awful remake of Ben-Hur. The tougher Pence talks, the more ridiculous he sounds.

Pence’s trip to South Korea also gave rise to speculation over why the vice president took his wife to what has been called the most dangerous strip of land in the world, the DMZ. Was he using Karen as a human shield or did he need to be in her presence in order to have a private consultation with the country’s recently ousted president Park Geun-hye?

Human shield...definitely human shield
Dan2016

PreviousNext

Return to General