Register

2017 USA TV Schedule

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re:

05 May 2017 10:50

AlexNYC wrote:FYI, Fubo.tv added the DVR functionality to the cycling channel

They did I just set up the Giro for today and tomorrow :)
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re: 2017 USA TV Schedule

05 May 2017 17:13

FUBO ROCKS!!!! If you're still interested try this link, you can get $30 off.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/fubotv-premier-1-month-subscription

Today Fubo showed 5hrs and 10mins of High Quality, Commercial Free coverage of the race. You can also have 3 cloud dvred shows recorded, good for 72 hours each. Highly recommended! I will drop it as soon as the Giro is over :) Total cost $14 is see the Giro in High Def on my TV and record stages I'm not home for.
Carol S.
~~~~
Alberto Contador: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all 3 Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

05 May 2017 23:51

I love Fubo too. And we got Kirby commentating as a bonus! Not everyone on this forum likes him, but I find him extremely entertaining.
AlexNYC

06 May 2017 03:40

I cheated and hooked up to a Dutch live streaming feed earlier today - it was nice, but the boys still had something like 75km to go when I had to leave for work. So I missed the best part of the stage - apparently it was the finish!

I kinda like reading the live race thread here on this forum, if I can't actually watch the race it lets me use my imagination as to what is (or was) happening at the time.

(You guys are making me feel bad about watching a "questionable" live feed.)
User avatar Tricycle Rider

06 May 2017 11:57

THANK YOU to everyone on this thread. I feel like every year the methodto watching Giro changes. I was all set to go to Sling or Bein this year and discovered a big 0. I've followed the advice here and am all set with the DVR feature now so I can record it during the day and watch when I get home from work. Couldn't have done it without the help here and can't imagine a May without the Giro!!! TYVM!
User avatar CatsNK

06 May 2017 15:55

Uh-oh, I've done it again. And off into the sin bin I go!

(Dutch is a most peculiar language, I must say. They kept talking about Greipel and Zakarin, and that's about all I could make out of the conversation the Dutch commentators were having.)

Re:

06 May 2017 16:57

AlexNYC wrote:I love Fubo too. And we got Kirby commentating as a bonus! Not everyone on this forum likes him, but I find him extremely entertaining.

The only complement I can give Kirby is he beats Liggett :). I do like Chris Lloyd though!
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

06 May 2017 17:02

Tricycle Rider wrote:Uh-oh, I've done it again. And off into the sin bin I go!

(Dutch is a most peculiar language, I must say. They kept talking about Greipel and Zakarin, and that's about all I could make out of the conversation the Dutch commentators were having.)

LOL I won't tell on you :).
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

06 May 2017 17:03

CatsNK wrote:THANK YOU to everyone on this thread. I feel like every year the methodto watching Giro changes. I was all set to go to Sling or Bein this year and discovered a big 0. I've followed the advice here and am all set with the DVR feature now so I can record it during the day and watch when I get home from work. Couldn't have done it without the help here and can't imagine a May without the Giro!!! TYVM!

Indeed, Thanks to all who helped us get a quality way to see the Giro at a reasonable cost :)
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

06 May 2017 17:33

anyone having a problem with the DVR? i recorded todays stage but it's not in the "Recorded" section, it's still on the scheduled recordings list

edit: apparently it takes 30 minutes after a program ends to show up in the DVR and the stage was scheduled until 1:30pm
User avatar zlev11

Re:

08 May 2017 12:05

The DVR is working well for me. I also love the commentary, it's been hilarious, actually, during the more boring sections.

And I really appreciate no ads. I get tired of the same ads 1000x on Sling/bein Sports. I can recite them verbatim usually by the end, even the ones in Spanish.

Great coverage, for $14, can't beat this.
User avatar CatsNK

09 May 2017 20:21

Do any of these viewing options/channels, like for instance Fubo, have Closed Captioning? I'm a bit hard of hearing, and I usually have CC on to supplement what I hear. I'd hate to buy any of these services and it not have CC. NBCSN doesn't show too many races here in the USA, but what they do show the commentators are followed by CC.
Nacho

Re:

09 May 2017 21:59

Nacho wrote:Do any of these viewing options/channels, like for instance Fubo, have Closed Captioning? I'm a bit hard of hearing, and I usually have CC on to supplement what I hear. I'd hate to buy any of these services and it not have CC. NBCSN doesn't show too many races here in the USA, but what they do show the commentators are followed by CC.

I just went and checked Fubo for you, there is indeed CC on the 4 live streams I looked at. I can't check the cycling channel as there is no live stream running there now. The dvr playback of today's Giro stage did Not have CC available.

Tomorrow I will check when the Giro live stream is running and let you know.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

10 May 2017 12:39

The live stream of the Giro on Fubo TV does NOT have CC available.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

10 May 2017 18:13

Thanks Carols for checking that out for me. I've been watching after the fact/race the "Last 1/2/3/4/5 kilometer" videos, from Eurosport, off of a Steephill link, and noticed they didn't have CC. So, thought I'd ask about what yall are watching before I do anything to get longer, and kosher, streams.
Nacho

Re:

10 May 2017 22:31

Nacho wrote:Thanks Carols for checking that out for me. I've been watching after the fact/race the "Last 1/2/3/4/5 kilometer" videos, from Eurosport, off of a Steephill link, and noticed they didn't have CC. So, thought I'd ask about what yall are watching before I do anything to get longer, and kosher, streams.

You're very welcome! I hope you find a workable solution.
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

11 May 2017 12:22

Fubo cycling does rock Giro no commercials no phil and Paul

apart from the technical issues I face with screen mirroring from laptop to tele

DVR options are limited to 2 at a time so there is some managing required to keep current

the presenters are ok not bad tolerable. there are times you can hear the music played at finish line through the PA in background today they are talking over Peter Tosh kinda cool imho

On another note I saw a Twitter reply from LA suggesting he will do a TDF Pod cast report interesting
User avatar Boeing

11 May 2017 19:46

Oh dear, I've done it again! (And off into the sin bin I go, again.)

This time it was a Polish feed (at least I think it was some sort of Slav language, which I technically should understand), couldn't understand a word of it. But...

Which ever person had commentated this stage seemed very bored with it - don't know if it was the language, or the stage itself.

Was the stage really that boring?

Re:

12 May 2017 11:59

Tricycle Rider wrote:Oh dear, I've done it again! (And off into the sin bin I go, again.)

This time it was a Polish feed (at least I think it was some sort of Slav language, which I technically should understand), couldn't understand a word of it. But...

Which ever person had commentated this stage seemed very bored with it - don't know if it was the language, or the stage itself.

Was the stage really that boring?

Let's just say I had to go look it up to remind myself who won :). But my memory isn't what it was decades ago. 4-5 hours of little action day after day does get a bit boring. I actually waited an hour to start it today :eek:
Carol S.
~~~~

User avatar Carols
Veteran

18 May 2017 12:37

How has tour of california coverage been going? Do they cut away to hockey just before stage finishes? I'm only asking because I'm tempted to watch tonight's stage live.
User avatar Potomac

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing