Log in:  

Register

U.S. Politics

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 12:05

BullsFan22 wrote:https://twitter.com/LanaDelRaytheon/status/885269917930409984


....most excellent catch....

...btw rummaging thru the site....run by the way by a " naan-biryani materialist " ( not sure exactly what that means but delicious is definitely in the mix )....and ran into this....


THE shocking final moments of how an Australian woman was shot dead by police in the US have been revealed.

Justine Damond, from Sydney, was killed by police in south Minneapolis on Saturday night.

According to the Star Tribune, three sources said Ms Damond was in her pyjamas when a police car responding to a 911 call pulled into the alley behind her family home in the city’s Fulton neighbourhood.

Ms Damond, 40, approached the driver’s side door in her pyjamas and spoke to the driver.

The officer in the passenger seat then shot Damond through the driver’s side door, according to the publication.

No weapon was recovered at the scene
.

Minneapolis mayor Betsy Hodges said she intended to find out why the officers’ body cameras were not turned on
.

http://www.news.com.au/world/australian-woman-killed-by-us-police-in-minneapolis/news-story/8436a3e44ec239b49c5b5bc1aa927a1f

....btw this is the victim's photo....

Image

....and the incident produced this riot by friends in the local community...you can see from the photo she hung with a really rough crew....

Image

....at the very least nice to see police spreading the joy of modern policing to all parts of Merikan society.... :rolleyes: ...

Cheers
Last edited by blutto on 17 Jul 2017 12:43, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,276
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 12:17

User avatar Bustedknuckle
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,107
Joined: 23 Jul 2009 15:38
Location: USofA

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 12:31



....well, 50% of that same "public" think that The Flintstones are a documentary.....and about 100% of that "public" are functionally illiterate ( as an example they will say Farve when the spelling is actually Favre )...just sayin' eh....

...though oddly enough in this particular case they are right, he is a clown, but to his credit he has never hidden the fact....so there is some truth in advertising there....unlike that Hopey Changey guy who was just shamelessly selling the rubes some $h!t in a bag....

Cheer
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,276
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

17 Jul 2017 14:31

uh, no. drone strike was an articulate statesman. the yes men need appearances.
aphronesis
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,219
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 15:21


Rest day?
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,247
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 15:35

blutto wrote:


....well, 50% of that same "public" think that The Flintstones are a documentary.....and about 100% of that "public" are functionally illiterate ( as an example they will say Farve when the spelling is actually Favre )...just sayin' eh....

...though oddly enough in this particular case they are right, he is a clown, but to his credit he has never hidden the fact....so there is some truth in advertising there....unlike that Hopey Changey guy who was just shamelessly selling the rubes some $h!t in a bag....

Cheer

While the USA seems to be getting less intelligent, name pronunciation is a poor way to illustrate it. We say Favre because he told us that is how his name is pronounced. I was stationed with a guy with the same spelling, and his family pronounced it "Faver".

IMO, the unrest shown in these polls is people who thought that since DT wasn't a career politician he might actually come through on some of his campaign rhetoric.
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,218
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 15:52

jmdirt wrote:
blutto wrote:


....well, 50% of that same "public" think that The Flintstones are a documentary.....and about 100% of that "public" are functionally illiterate ( as an example they will say Farve when the spelling is actually Favre )...just sayin' eh....

...though oddly enough in this particular case they are right, he is a clown, but to his credit he has never hidden the fact....so there is some truth in advertising there....unlike that Hopey Changey guy who was just shamelessly selling the rubes some $h!t in a bag....

Cheer

While the USA seems to be getting less intelligent, name pronunciation is a poor way to illustrate it. We say Favre because he told us that is how his name is pronounced. I was stationed with a guy with the same spelling, and his family pronounced it "Faver".

IMO, the unrest shown in these polls is people who thought that since DT wasn't a career politician he might actually come through on some of his campaign rhetoric.

well the guy you was stationed with pronounced it wrong. :rolleyes:
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,247
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

17 Jul 2017 16:00

Everyone should try an experiment.. when you meet a new person regardless of sex.. let's say at church, your kids school, your job or at a restaurant or pub.. during the introduction and handshake look the person in the eye and say something like " you are really handsome!" Or "wow, that outfit really compliments your figure" or the ever popular" you are in really good shape" make sure that it's included in your initial group of introductory sentences so we know how well this style goes over.
Before trying it, update your resume, get alternative transportation plans for your kid to and from school and soccer practice.
Be prepared to drink alone and get a Grinder profile..
Unchained
Member
 
Posts: 326
Joined: 05 Sep 2016 00:24

17 Jul 2017 16:26

Rest Day?
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,247
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

17 Jul 2017 16:29

Russians
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,247
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

17 Jul 2017 17:27

This thread needs "tin-foil hat" somewhere in the title.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk
Member
 
Posts: 483
Joined: 21 Feb 2017 21:15
Location: High Desert Steppe

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 17:45

....yep....Russians....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,276
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 17:58

Semper Fidelis wrote:
jmdirt wrote:
blutto wrote:


....well, 50% of that same "public" think that The Flintstones are a documentary.....and about 100% of that "public" are functionally illiterate ( as an example they will say Farve when the spelling is actually Favre )...just sayin' eh....

...though oddly enough in this particular case they are right, he is a clown, but to his credit he has never hidden the fact....so there is some truth in advertising there....unlike that Hopey Changey guy who was just shamelessly selling the rubes some $h!t in a bag....

Cheer

While the USA seems to be getting less intelligent, name pronunciation is a poor way to illustrate it. We say Favre because he told us that is how his name is pronounced. I was stationed with a guy with the same spelling, and his family pronounced it "Faver".

IMO, the unrest shown in these polls is people who thought that since DT wasn't a career politician he might actually come through on some of his campaign rhetoric.

well the guy you was stationed with pronounced it wrong. :rolleyes:

:lol: That guy knew that it had been pronounced that way since the late 1800s when his family came from over Switzerland to "Lousippi".
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,218
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

17 Jul 2017 18:18

If you need some assistance....

Image
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk
Member
 
Posts: 483
Joined: 21 Feb 2017 21:15
Location: High Desert Steppe

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 18:24

jmdirt wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
jmdirt wrote:
blutto wrote:


....well, 50% of that same "public" think that The Flintstones are a documentary.....and about 100% of that "public" are functionally illiterate ( as an example they will say Farve when the spelling is actually Favre )...just sayin' eh....

...though oddly enough in this particular case they are right, he is a clown, but to his credit he has never hidden the fact....so there is some truth in advertising there....unlike that Hopey Changey guy who was just shamelessly selling the rubes some $h!t in a bag....

Cheer

While the USA seems to be getting less intelligent, name pronunciation is a poor way to illustrate it. We say Favre because he told us that is how his name is pronounced. I was stationed with a guy with the same spelling, and his family pronounced it "Faver".

IMO, the unrest shown in these polls is people who thought that since DT wasn't a career politician he might actually come through on some of his campaign rhetoric.

well the guy you was stationed with pronounced it wrong. :rolleyes:

:lol: That guy knew that it had been pronounced that way since the late 1800s when his family came from over Switzerland to "Lousippi".


....I think you need a tin-foil hat....

Cheers
User avatar blutto
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,276
Joined: 04 Jul 2009 19:27

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 18:26

jmdirt wrote:
Semper Fidelis wrote:
jmdirt wrote:
blutto wrote:


....well, 50% of that same "public" think that The Flintstones are a documentary.....and about 100% of that "public" are functionally illiterate ( as an example they will say Farve when the spelling is actually Favre )...just sayin' eh....

...though oddly enough in this particular case they are right, he is a clown, but to his credit he has never hidden the fact....so there is some truth in advertising there....unlike that Hopey Changey guy who was just shamelessly selling the rubes some $h!t in a bag....

Cheer

While the USA seems to be getting less intelligent, name pronunciation is a poor way to illustrate it. We say Favre because he told us that is how his name is pronounced. I was stationed with a guy with the same spelling, and his family pronounced it "Faver".

IMO, the unrest shown in these polls is people who thought that since DT wasn't a career politician he might actually come through on some of his campaign rhetoric.

well the guy you was stationed with pronounced it wrong. :rolleyes:

:lol: That guy knew that it had been pronounced that way since the late 1800s when his family came from over Switzerland to "Lousippi".

When we were in High School we made fun of Bret and his brother. His father (daddy) was really overweight / obese he was a school teacher and a coach. We would pick on him and his brother about his Dad being Fat. :surprised:

His High School was Hancock North Central, I went to Harrison Central both county schools. When we played them during the year we would mock him about his name. Used to make him mad. I guess he got over it pretty much.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,247
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

17 Jul 2017 18:50

The Favre I knew was a really good guy so other than Faves or Master Faves, I din't ever hear anything else. I can't remember what town he was from, but I know that it was on the Lou/Miss boarder. I didn't remember this until I mapped the boarder looking for his town, but his dad worked in one of the wildlife areas. It looks like you are in central Miss. I wonder if his and Brett's families had a feud in the old country so they started pronouncing their names differently?! :lol:
jmdirt
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,218
Joined: 06 Dec 2013 17:33

Re:

17 Jul 2017 18:55

jmdirt wrote:The Favre I knew was a really good guy so other than Faves or Master Faves, I din't ever hear anything else. I can't remember what town he was from, but I know that it was on the Lou/Miss boarder. I didn't remember this until I mapped the boarder looking for his town, but his dad worked in one of the wildlife areas. It looks like you are in central Miss. I wonder if his and Brett's families had a feud in the old country so they started pronouncing their names differently?! :lol:

No Idea. The town you probably are looking for is either Kiln, Bay St. Louis or Waveland could be Picayune.

No I'm not from anywhere near central Mississippi. I was born in New Orleans and grew up in Gulfport/Biloxi along the GulfCoast.

Kiln is where Brett was from, or around there. The entire border of Louisiana on the Coast there is a wild life refuge. Huge and in the middle of it is the Stennis Space Center. There is also a Navy Seal Special ops school in the middle of that refuge.
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,247
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 18:55

thehog wrote:
Moscon's 6 weeks off for being racist turned him into a GT rider :confused:
Beech Mtn
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,516
Joined: 06 Oct 2009 16:50

Re: U.S. Politics

17 Jul 2017 18:58

Beech Mtn wrote:


:D

Some of my better work. :geek:
User avatar Semper Fidelis
Veteran
 
Posts: 8,247
Joined: 07 Dec 2010 15:53
Location: New Orleans

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Back to top