Log in:  

Register

Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession)

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Valv.Piti, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen

Re: Re:

24 Aug 2017 16:23

absolutely_not wrote:
spetsa wrote:
absolutely_not wrote:You, on the other hand, seem to know a lot of things. Unfortunately you don't share your knowledge.

Hey! I've got an idea! Why, instead of attacking a poster because you don't like what he said, don't you actually respond to the post and really explain why you disagree?

You already made a good start by underlying the parts that annoy you the most. Now go ahead : Explain to us why you think it's likely Hamilton or Landis still have something on Armstrong they haven't disclosed yet. Explain why you think Landis has good chance of winning big with the trial. I'm looking forward to your explaination on why you think most people love the idea of an ex doper denouncing other dopers and trying to make money out of it (we probably don't live in the same environment, that would explain it). And please remind us what exactly did Bruyneel and Armstrong did to him except not hiring him. I sure know nothing but fortunately you're here. And to finish, I'm waiting for you to tell us why Landis is looking forward to the trial even tho he said himself he wish he didn't have to go through this and wish Armstrong had settle the case.

Thank you in advance for all your answers. I will know way more things about a lot of stuff tonight thanks to you (Lucky me)


Have you ever considered the possibility of Floyds anger actually being directed at members of Tailwind Sports that never through a leg over a bicycle. Why don't you explain to us who it was that actually started the Floyd Fairness Fund and where the initial contributions came from.


How would I know such things? Landis never explained it as far as I know. If he did, he failed to put the message out there. Why would he remain in a position where the average guy will likely think he denounced his former friends in order to enrich himself if he actually has a good explaination is beyond me.
How is anyone not privy to him or his entourage supposed to know it?


Ask him. Maybe he doesn't give a crap what other people think.
User avatar spetsa
Member
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 03 Aug 2010 13:45
Location: between a bar stool and a bike saddle

Re:

24 Aug 2017 17:44

absolutely_not wrote:You are wrong.

I'm fully aware Hamilton is not suing Armstrong. That's why I explained tricycle rider that it would be ridicoulous for him to keep info undisclosed. You are wrong on claiming I said something different.

Landis IS part of the trial. He has his own lawyer. He was suing people the government wasn't (Armstrong's friend : Knaag and co) He is a full entity of the trial to come.

Both Landis and Hamilton have been deposed. Weither or not they will be called as witnesses remain to be seen. Armstrong wants to call Landis as a witness, Landis and the government asked the judge to prevent it to happen. We will know the judge answer probably by the end of september.

But this has nothing to do with my previous post that annoyed you so much. You interjected yourself in an conversation I was having with someone else - which is ok, this is a forum - but ou did so by going personal and are now failing to argumenting what was so wrong in my previous post.
So again, can you explain like an adult what is it you disagree so much without pretending I said Hamilton was suing Armstrong?
Thanks


The US Government most certainly was suing Knaggs and Stapleton. (along with others) They were released from the lawsuit after reaching a settlement that included cash payments to both the Government and Floyd's attorney. Hopefully the settlement includes their testimony also. The fact that the Government did not include some agents of Tailwind Sports in the lawsuit is where the real travesty lies. Qui Tam allows the government to name one or all agents in it's suit and for some reason they chose to leave the biggest A hole out. At least for now. If Lance loses, I hope he sues the remaining members of Tailwind for their fair share. Lance may have been the overly public face of this charade, but he certainly isn't wholly responsible for the scam. I personally hope that Lance wins the lawsuit by throwing people under the bus as an attempt to gain sympathy from the jury. That would be justice. Money should not allow protection from the law.
User avatar spetsa
Member
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 03 Aug 2010 13:45
Location: between a bar stool and a bike saddle

Re: Re:

24 Aug 2017 19:33

spetsa wrote:
absolutely_not wrote:You are wrong.

I'm fully aware Hamilton is not suing Armstrong. That's why I explained tricycle rider that it would be ridicoulous for him to keep info undisclosed. You are wrong on claiming I said something different.

Landis IS part of the trial. He has his own lawyer. He was suing people the government wasn't (Armstrong's friend : Knaag and co) He is a full entity of the trial to come.

Both Landis and Hamilton have been deposed. Weither or not they will be called as witnesses remain to be seen. Armstrong wants to call Landis as a witness, Landis and the government asked the judge to prevent it to happen. We will know the judge answer probably by the end of september.

But this has nothing to do with my previous post that annoyed you so much. You interjected yourself in an conversation I was having with someone else - which is ok, this is a forum - but ou did so by going personal and are now failing to argumenting what was so wrong in my previous post.
So again, can you explain like an adult what is it you disagree so much without pretending I said Hamilton was suing Armstrong?
Thanks


The US Government most certainly was suing Knaggs and Stapleton. (along with others) They were released from the lawsuit after reaching a settlement that included cash payments to both the Government and Floyd's attorney. Hopefully the settlement includes their testimony also. The fact that the Government did not include some agents of Tailwind Sports in the lawsuit is where the real travesty lies. Qui Tam allows the government to name one or all agents in it's suit and for some reason they chose to leave the biggest A hole out. At least for now. If Lance loses, I hope he sues the remaining members of Tailwind for their fair share. Lance may have been the overly public face of this charade, but he certainly isn't wholly responsible for the scam. I personally hope that Lance wins the lawsuit by throwing people under the bus as an attempt to gain sympathy from the jury. That would be justice. Money should not allow protection from the law.


It makes sense that the Feds got very useful info from Knaggs & Stapleton because the monetary value of the settlement is way down from what Floyd originally negotiated. Only explanation for the decrease (that I can see) is that it is made up for by the value of the information provided.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,138
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

24 Aug 2017 20:12

Slightly off topic... does anyone believe that Lance rode the 2009 Giro clean?
Amazinmets87
Junior Member
 
Posts: 70
Joined: 12 May 2015 04:07

24 Aug 2017 20:21

Wrong and wrong. (sorry)

The government was NOT suing Knaggs and Stapleton. It blocked the first settlement but he was not suing.

And the reason why the second settlement is way down the first one Landis had negociated is no mystery and has nothing to do with their deposition : between the two negociations the judge made some rullings in favor of the Tawind associates. While Landis and them had negociated a 500K agreement, they were now only liable for 160K or so.
They settle for 150K (this is not the exect amount, it's something of the sort)

You can find all the info about it on Google if you don't believe me. It was in fact a very bad moove from the government to not acept the 1st settlement. They lost money for nothing (social media indicates Armstrong and Knaggs are still good friends so I doubt the government got some great info from him. I don't know about Stapleton)
absolutely_not
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 14 Nov 2013 13:06

24 Aug 2017 20:29

Look how nice I am, I did the work for you

https://www.law360.com/articles/897023/landis-wants-appeal-over-liability-ahead-of-armstrong-trial

So they were liable for 68K (x3 I guess)
The appeal from Landis in this article was rejected. This is why Landis finally negociated for a much lesser amount
absolutely_not
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 14 Nov 2013 13:06

Re:

24 Aug 2017 20:55

absolutely_not wrote:Look how nice I am, I did the work for you

https://www.law360.com/articles/897023/landis-wants-appeal-over-liability-ahead-of-armstrong-trial

So they were liable for 68K (x3 I guess)
The appeal from Landis in this article was rejected. This is why Landis finally negociated for a much lesser amount


You REALLY don't know what you are talking about.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,138
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

Re: Re:

24 Aug 2017 22:22

MarkvW wrote:
absolutely_not wrote:Look how nice I am, I did the work for you

https://www.law360.com/articles/897023/landis-wants-appeal-over-liability-ahead-of-armstrong-trial

So they were liable for 68K (x3 I guess)
The appeal from Landis in this article was rejected. This is why Landis finally negociated for a much lesser amount


You REALLY don't know what you are talking about.


We have heard it all before.
User avatar spetsa
Member
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 03 Aug 2010 13:45
Location: between a bar stool and a bike saddle

Re: Re:

24 Aug 2017 23:03

spetsa wrote:
MarkvW wrote:
absolutely_not wrote:Look how nice I am, I did the work for you

https://www.law360.com/articles/897023/landis-wants-appeal-over-liability-ahead-of-armstrong-trial

So they were liable for 68K (x3 I guess)
The appeal from Landis in this article was rejected. This is why Landis finally negociated for a much lesser amount


You REALLY don't know what you are talking about.


We have heard it all before.


Right? I think it was by some guy who pretended to know everything better than anyone but failed miserably to provided anything argumentative when pushed further.
I'm not good with name but you're not missing anything. You know, it was that kind of guy, inventing stuff out of other people's mouth just to win an internet argument or going personal instead of debating on the subject.

I'm still waiting for him to explain why Landis and Hamilton are likely keeping info to themselves and why he thinks Landis is happy about the circus that will be the trial to come. But I'm not holding my breath.
absolutely_not
Junior Member
 
Posts: 56
Joined: 14 Nov 2013 13:06

Re: Re:

24 Aug 2017 23:17

spetsa wrote:
absolutely_not wrote:
spetsa wrote:
MarkvW wrote:
absolutely_not wrote:Look how nice I am, I did the work for you

https://www.law360.com/articles/897023/landis-wants-appeal-over-liability-ahead-of-armstrong-trial

So they were liable for 68K (x3 I guess)
The appeal from Landis in this article was rejected. This is why Landis finally negociated for a much lesser amount


You REALLY don't know what you are talking about.


We have heard it all before.


Right? I think it was by some guy who pretended to know everything better than anyone but failed miserably to provided anything argumentative when pushed further.
I'm not good with name but you're not missing anything. You know, it was that kind of guy, inventing stuff out of other people's mouth just to win an internet argument or going personal instead of debating on the subject.

I'm still waiting for him to explain why Landis and Hamilton are likely keeping info to themselves and why he thinks Landis is happy about the circus that will be the trial to come. But I'm not holding my breath.


Take a breath before you get banned. A hole


The style is eerily reminiscent of DAOTEC.
User avatar MarkvW
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,138
Joined: 10 Aug 2010 20:13

25 Aug 2017 01:25

Too bad none of the mods remember those days.
User avatar spetsa
Member
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 03 Aug 2010 13:45
Location: between a bar stool and a bike saddle

Re: Re:

25 Aug 2017 08:52

MarkvW wrote:
The style is eerily reminiscent of DAOTEC.


Sockpuppet accusations are considered trolling. If you have a problem with a user or suspect a sockpuppet then report the post or message a moderator.


And please everyone stop attacking the user or bans will be issued. That includes snide comments written in a general sense but are clearly aimed at a poster. You don't have to reply to everything, if you have a problem with a post/poster then report it/them.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Moderator
 
Posts: 6,407
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

31 Aug 2017 19:50

User avatar 86TDFWinner
Member
 
Posts: 1,664
Joined: 11 Aug 2012 21:10
Location: Southern California

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

01 Sep 2017 20:05

This made me LOL! Of course he wants BOTH LeMond and Betsy "excluded", he/they know they have the goods on him and he and his merry band of dolts, don't want either to leave tire marks on Wonderboy!

This is the person SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many here worshipped and thought he was the GOAT? :rolleyes: :lol:

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/06/24/lance-armstrong-trial-greg-lemond/ :rolleyes: :redface:
User avatar 86TDFWinner
Member
 
Posts: 1,664
Joined: 11 Aug 2012 21:10
Location: Southern California

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

01 Sep 2017 20:07

86TDFWinner wrote:This made me LOL! Of course he wants BOTH LeMond and Betsy "excluded", he/they know they have the goods on him and he and his merry band of dolts, don't want either to leave tire marks on Wonderboy!

This is the person SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many here worshipped and thought he was the GOAT? :rolleyes: :lol:

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/06/24/lance-armstrong-trial-greg-lemond/ :rolleyes: :redface:


What goods do they have? Apart from pent up frustrations and anxiety? :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,324
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

Re: Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession

01 Sep 2017 20:53

thehog wrote:
86TDFWinner wrote:This made me LOL! Of course he wants BOTH LeMond and Betsy "excluded", he/they know they have the goods on him and he and his merry band of dolts, don't want either to leave tire marks on Wonderboy!

This is the person SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many here worshipped and thought he was the GOAT? :rolleyes: :lol:

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/06/24/lance-armstrong-trial-greg-lemond/ :rolleyes: :redface:


What goods do they have? Apart from pent up frustrations and anxiety? :cool:


LeMond has intimate knowledge and documents regarding the USPS team and some of their dealings.

Betsy still has info, and Wonderboy refuses to admit the truth about the hospital room doping confession.
User avatar 86TDFWinner
Member
 
Posts: 1,664
Joined: 11 Aug 2012 21:10
Location: Southern California

01 Sep 2017 21:21

OMFG!!!!!!

Not the hospital room confession. Can you seriously imagine already what the collective number of sleepless nights must already be for people who fear going to their graves without the "truth" of the hospital room confession?
aphronesis
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,372
Joined: 30 Jul 2011 16:47
Location: Bed-Stuy

Re:

01 Sep 2017 22:02

aphronesis wrote:OMFG!!!!!!

Not the hospital room confession. Can you seriously imagine already what the collective number of sleepless nights must already be for people who fear going to their graves without the "truth" of the hospital room confession?



It’s my understanding the Trump/Russia scandal will center around the Armstrong hospital room confessio :cool:
User avatar thehog
Veteran
 
Posts: 20,324
Joined: 27 Jul 2009 20:00

02 Sep 2017 00:05

I would imagine all the info from Greg and Betsy would be on the record already, but then what reason would Armstrong have for not wanting them there?
User avatar veganrob
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,297
Joined: 29 Aug 2010 23:15
Location: The D

Re:

02 Sep 2017 04:49

veganrob wrote:I would imagine all the info from Greg and Betsy would be on the record already, but then what reason would Armstrong have for not wanting them there?


Maybe he doesn't want to catch the real dopers after all.

Dave.

Edit to add ('cuz I haven't posted for a while...) ;)
D-Queued
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,181
Joined: 26 May 2010 23:41

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TommyTormato and 16 guests

Back to top