Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

Re:

07 Dec 2017 09:31

kingjr wrote:On a related note, what about samhocking being called a paid Sky shill countless times in other threads on this forum?

I moved your post here.

Calling people a troll is against the rules, this has been mentioned many times. If people are doing it, report it. I have not seen any reports regarding this so haven't acted on it.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Re: Re:

08 Dec 2017 21:08

King Boonen wrote:
kingjr wrote:On a related note, what about samhocking being called a paid Sky shill countless times in other threads on this forum?

I moved your post here.

Calling people a troll is against the rules, this has been mentioned many times. If people are doing it, report it. I have not seen any reports regarding this so haven't acted on it.

Hitch and Benotti are doing it all the time. Of course you have seen it.
User avatar miguelindurain111

08 Dec 2017 22:46

miguelindurain111 wrote:
King Boonen wrote:

I moved your post here.

I don't see any of the reports that you filed on this, maybe you should point out specific infractions rather than making blanket statements that may or may not be true.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

Re: Moderators

09 Dec 2017 00:24

True. There are literally hundreds of posts a day to monitor and also rules that can be flexible: for example, I mess with Netserk often, even impersonated him by using his old avatar and signature. From his reaction, I feel that he was good sport and understood that it actually was a compliment to him: I like the guy. He knows it. I wouldn't do the same for 99.9% of the members. We all have our threshold of tolerance to jokes and posting styles.

If something offends you, please report the post. The reports get dealt with swiftly, behind the scenes, and sometimes lead to, you know the say, disciplinary action up to and including termination :) . Sad, but we don't want to be YouTube either. We can disagree all we want and still remain courteous.
When I woke up and saw the yellow jersey that I had left by my bed the night before, I asked myself: "what are you doing in Merckx's bedroom?" I couldn't believe it - Bernard Thevenet
User avatar Tonton

09 Dec 2017 01:51

You know, I would say that I'm fine with it 8/10 times, but such references are only truly funny the first few times, so you (I) would have to explore novel ways to signal that you somehow are picking up on what kind of human being that is behind that avatar and screen name you see.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

09 Dec 2017 18:12

miguelindurain111 wrote:
King Boonen wrote:

I moved your post here.

If you have a problem with a post, report it.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen

Previous

Return to About the forum