Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

05 Jan 2018 08:58

SDB learned a while back that his schtick no longer works. Wonder if he's getting many bookings for his public speaking...
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

Re: Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

05 Jan 2018 09:03

Wiggo's Package wrote:Brailsfraud's ongoing silence about Froome's little AAF problem, apart from a brief and not very supportive statement on the day the news broke, is worth noting

Time was he would be all over this type of story like a rash. Trying to set the media agenda via a soft interview on Sky News. Giving the fanboys nuggets of waffle to pin an argument on

So is he hanging the Dawg out to dry, as Walsh has suggested? Or is he just very very confident this problem will go away, like all the others?

I just think he's learnt over the past 12 months to keep his mouth shut unless he's absolutely forced into saying something.

If he hasn't, then he definetely should have
brownbobby

05 Jan 2018 09:53

brownbobby wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Brailsfraud's ongoing silence about Froome's little AAF problem, apart from a brief and not very supportive statement on the day the news broke, is worth noting

Time was he would be all over this type of story like a rash. Trying to set the media agenda via a soft interview on Sky News. Giving the fanboys nuggets of waffle to pin an argument on

So is he hanging the Dawg out to dry, as Walsh has suggested? Or is he just very very confident this problem will go away, like all the others?

I just think he's learnt over the past 12 months to keep his mouth shut unless he's absolutely forced into saying something.

Suspect you're right

Brailsfraud's ego must have taken a battering when the first piece of advice from the expensive PR guy hired by Sky to smooth over the jiffybag mess was...STFU!

And the second piece of advice was...No really, STFU! :D
Wiggo's Package

05 Jan 2018 15:17

Wiggo's Package wrote:
brownbobby wrote:

Suspect you're right

Brailsfraud's ego must have taken a battering when the first piece of advice from the expensive PR guy hired by Sky to smooth over the jiffybag mess was...STFU!

But didn’t he invent the wheel?
User avatar thehog
Veteran

05 Jan 2018 16:06

thehog wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
brownbobby wrote:

Suspect you're right

V2.0 with motor
Wiggo's Package

05 Jan 2018 17:17

thehog wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
brownbobby wrote:

Suspect you're right

He actually invented round.
User avatar veganrob

05 Jan 2018 17:49

Not round. Rounder
User avatar macbindle

05 Jan 2018 18:04

Wiggo's Package wrote:
thehog wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
brownbobby wrote:

Suspect you're right

V2.0 with motor

He also invented cheating on Monday but not Tuesday.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

Re:

05 Jan 2018 18:13

macbindle wrote:Not round. Rounder

spot on macb
:lol:
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

08 Jan 2018 15:59

Not rounder, they were 'specially round'
“I told them we had some special wheels because we had made them specially round"
samhocking

08 Jan 2018 17:48

samhocking wrote:Not rounder, they were 'specially round'
“I told them we had some special wheels because we had made them specially round"

Oh yeah, and they worked even better with their bikes with hidden bolts.
User avatar veganrob

Re:

20 Jan 2018 03:35

macbindle wrote:SDB learned a while back that his schtick no longer works. Wonder if he's getting many bookings for his public speaking...

I think he still believes he can bully and force his way through his one. Sans Cookson it might not happen but SDB will push hard and try.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

20 Jan 2018 04:48

[quote="[url=http://forum.cyclingnews.com/viewtopic.php?p=2216481#p2216481]

V2.0 with motor[/quote]

Full carbon, naturally.
User avatar DirtyWorks
Veteran

Re: Re:

20 Jan 2018 05:16

thehog wrote:
macbindle wrote:SDB learned a while back that his schtick no longer works. Wonder if he's getting many bookings for his public speaking...

I think he still believes he can bully and force his way through his one. Sans Cookson it might not happen but SDB will push hard and try.

I'm not sure. There are a few indications that he's eyeing up the underside of the bus as somewhere to throw Froome.

When it first blew up, he didn't refer to Team Sky, but loaded all responsibility on "Chris". Also, I've heard that Team Sky are not paying Froome's legal fees.

Remember that time last year when Froome stayed silent and didn't endorse Brailsford up until the last minute...
User avatar macbindle

Re: Re:

20 Jan 2018 17:28

macbindle wrote:
thehog wrote:

I'm not sure. There are a few indications that he's eyeing up the underside of the bus as somewhere to throw Froome.

When it first blew up, he didn't refer to Team Sky, but loaded all responsibility on "Chris". Also, I've heard that Team Sky are not paying Froome's legal fees.

Remember that time last year when Froome stayed silent and didn't endorse Brailsford up until the last minute...

Agreed. But in the back of Brailsford mind is “I can contain the Dawg but I can’t contain the Michelle”.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

21 Jan 2018 11:02

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-president-team-skys-behaviour-is-damaging-cycling/

'At the end of his press conference, Lappartient was asked if he believed that Dave Brailsford was an ethically good representative for clean cycling. Again, the Frenchman provided a long pause, before answering: "Dave Brailsford has said they [Team Sky] don't need to be in the MPCC, because they are doing more. I hope so." '
Wiggo's Package

06 Feb 2018 17:22

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-at-this-moment-we-totally-back-chris-froome/

"For me, there’s no question, he’s done nothing wrong – no question, no question, no question,” Brailsford said, in front of a huddle of Colombian broadcast microphones."
User avatar danielovichdk2

06 Feb 2018 17:39

"The two situations are quite different. With Sergio, we did some testing where he came back to Colombia, but the situation with Chris is... he’s not been charged with anything at the minute, he’s just been asked to provide information."
Heano was charged?
User avatar fmk_RoI

Re:

06 Feb 2018 17:48

fmk_RoI wrote:
"The two situations are quite different. With Sergio, we did some testing where he came back to Colombia, but the situation with Chris is... he’s not been charged with anything at the minute, he’s just been asked to provide information."
Heano was charged?

In 2016 he was when a ABP case was opened. But in 2014 he wasn't, but I'd argue he wasn't really suspended by Sky either, just sent off to do a couple of months of testing in Colombia. Once that was over he was straight back to racing, with no waiting for the UCI to give the all clear.
Parker

06 Feb 2018 17:49

"That’s why I think, at the minute, the approach we’ve taken is to support him and make sure we do what we can to have a fair process, even though I do understand it’s a very difficult situation for everyone"

Note SDB's *** covering "at the minute"

He's getting ready to throw the Dawg under the bus!
Wiggo's Package

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic