Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

13 Jan 2018 20:39

On Radiocorsa, a cycling programme on Rai Sport, Beppe Conti, a journalist who's in the business since long, has a short segment "Indiscreto", sort of rumours stuff and he said that allegedly Froome will get a six month retro ban so he can start riding in March.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N2pVYqtx3do
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re:

13 Jan 2018 22:19

Rollthedice wrote:On Radiocorsa, a cycling programme on Rai Sport, Beppe Conti, a journalist who's in the business since long, has a short segment "Indiscreto", sort of rumours stuff and he said that allegedly Froome will get a six month retro ban so he can start riding in March.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N2pVYqtx3do

I saw that too.
but read it as just symptomatic of the
Italian press desperate to have a TdF winner at the Giro for once.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

13 Jan 2018 23:08

Once again, the sanction will start the day of the decision (it's the rule)
rbl85

13 Jan 2018 23:20

It's the CAS decision if it comes to that. They can move it back in time all they want, WADA too. One reason would be delays not attributable to the rider. That said, feels like I've heard the name Beppe Conti one too many times..
hazaran

Re:

13 Jan 2018 23:24

rbl85 wrote:Once again, the sanction will start the day of the decision (it's the rule)

Is it? Lots of bans have been backdated before.
Froome can probably claim that he hasn't raced since the B sample (whenever that was) and have it backdated back to that.
Parker

Re: Froome Talk Only

14 Jan 2018 02:32

Another good find, Rtd. Though this may be just a rumor, it makes sense. If Froome were sure his suspension were just six months, backdated to the time of the positive, he would more likely be willing to take the lab test. If he fails it, as is likely, he can still ride the Giro and TDF without worrying about losing any results there after those GTs are over. Or if wants, he can gamble and appeal the decision to CAS, in hopes of getting his Vuelta title back. He could still ride the Giro and Vuelta while the CAS proceedings are pending, and while technically he could lose those results if CAS ruled even more against him, since the initial hearing had him done with the suspension before the Giro, it would not be as though he were riding under uncertainty. Probably CAS would either uphold the suspension or remove the sanction entirely, but not give him an even longer suspension, though it's possible, since CAS basically starts all over.

Having said all this, I wonder how he could get less of a suspension than Ulissi, who admitted he made a mistake, while Froome is claiming he didn't take more than the allowed amount.
Merckx index

14 Jan 2018 03:58

Admitting it doesn't exactly help.. CAS from Sundby:

"The Athlete acknowledges that he nebulized 15,000 μg of salbutamol within a 24-hour period on the days he
delivered the Samples. The Athlete has accordingly by virtue of that fact alone admitted the violation at issue here."

And he got off with 2 months.
hazaran

14 Jan 2018 09:41

I was chatting with a friend last night. I've not seen him for a while and he brought up the Froome thing. He seriously believes he and sky are clean. He's only just getting into cycling and he quoted some things that Brailsfraud has said in the past.

This is what sky and the Dawg are aiming their BS to. The 'standard' British public who have almost no interest in day to day racing. The ones who like a bit of the TDF especially when in this county and watch the Olympics or some track when it's on the Beeb.

I feel with comments now coming from more and more pro riders past and present the net is closing in on the BS
User avatar MartinGT

Re: Re:

14 Jan 2018 10:10

rick james wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:The Dawg has done the Tour Down Under last two years no way have Sky shifted off that programme without external pressure

And for years folk have been wondering how the Dawg rides that skinny all year round we're starting to get some answers eh

Busting the Dawg for salbutamol is like busting Al Capone for tax dodging

New sheriff in town just gotta get em off the streets

LIES!!!!!!!!

eheheh, I would expect a bit more of attention from people focused onf Froome/Sky. if you dont know he rode Herald Sun and NOT TDU, well, you´re doing it wrong ;)
pastronef

14 Jan 2018 10:47

Still in the same shithole :lol:
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran

14 Jan 2018 10:55

Boogerd is back again with some thoughts, adapted after google translate:

"I find it very special that it has to take so long before there is clarity", says Boogerd in the Spanish Calpe in conversation with NUsport. "Froome deserves a suspension, unless he comes with a clear statement, but I think it is simply not there."

"If the UCI does not suspend Froome... so that's once again a confirmation that Team Sky can do whatever it wants and that's not the intention"

"In the past, riders have been suspended for months because of the same offense, so why should not that apply to Froome? We are talking about the four-time winner of the Tour de France and the Team Sky leader, which is the big problem."

"What I initially thought - that would be typically the UCI - is that they would suspend it from December to May, when Froome could have just ride the Giro and the Tour, which they did not do, so I'm curious to see how this will unfold."

https://www.nu.nl/sport-overig/5085710/boogerd-vindt-uitblijven-beslissing-uci-froome-heel-apart.html
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

14 Jan 2018 11:19

This is even better. il Giornale title:

Asthma patients? Hit by typhus? You will win 4 Tours as Froome

"Do you feel poorly fit? Do you think you are now chronically ill? Good! The future can only smile, especially if you dedicate yourself to a competitive sport, better if it is cycling."

"The rider's defense is very simple: it is true that he increased the dosage of the bronchodilator used (2,000 ng / ml against the 1,000 allowed, ed) against asthma, the active ingredient of Ventolin, but without exceeding the limits. However the metabolism has had different reactions. This is why Froome will have to undergo laboratory evaluations in the next few weeks. The goal is to demonstrate the impact (and not only that) of dehydration on urinary excretion."

"Froome is also a champion of diseases. Just look at him wandering through the hotels halls to realize that Sky's number one is not the embodiment of health. Pale, thin face: skin and bones. Let’s not even talk about riding his Pinarello: it is a constant agony. He always seems to give up and collapse, but as a hero, he is always standing and almost never gives up, indeed."

Then there's a reference to this Daily Mail story: Chris Froome's secret battle: Eight doctors, six clinics, four countries and five different illnesses

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2673588/Chris-Froomes-secret-battle-Eight-doctors-six-clinics-four-countries-five-different-illnesses-remarkable-personal-struggle-Great-Britains-Tour-France-champion.html#ixzz549miJrq3

"One thing is certain: does your back hurt? Do you have dizziness? Do you struggle to climb the stairs at home? Do not lose heart: a good “pomatina” and a few nanograms of Ventolin and the Sanremo is really within your reach."

http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/sport/malati-asma-colpiti-tifo-vincerete-4-tour-froome-1482821.html
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

14 Jan 2018 12:44

MartinGT wrote:I was chatting with a friend last night. I've not seen him for a while and he brought up the Froome thing. He seriously believes he and sky are clean. He's only just getting into cycling and he quoted some things that Brailsfraud has said in the past.

This is what sky and the Dawg are aiming their BS to. The 'standard' British public who have almost no interest in day to day racing. The ones who like a bit of the TDF especially when in this county and watch the Olympics or some track when it's on the Beeb.

I feel with comments now coming from more and more pro riders past and present the net is closing in on the BS

Oh, I see, Martin ... the 'standard' British public must be rescued from SKY FRAUD by the savants on the Clinic, you know, the 'genuine' cycling fans with a Dura Ace, Geant de Provence or a pave(y) stone logo beaming out of their arseholes.

Open up the windows and get some fresh air, FFS. Breathe .... Nothing needs to be rescued. You've been scammed, bro ... and not by the Dawg or Sky.
Alpe73

Re:

14 Jan 2018 12:51

Rollthedice wrote:Boogerd is back again with some thoughts, adapted after google translate:
"In the past, riders have been suspended for months because of the same offense, so why should not that apply to Froome? We are talking about the four-time winner of the Tour de France and the Team Sky leader, which is the big problem."

Moser as well
http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/2018/01/13/108149/moser-froome-squalifica-bitossi-bici-club

Francesco Moser, who doped with Conconi for the 1984 Hour Record, and who proposed total legalization of doping in 2006, now takes the position: that the rules themselves are debatable, but the same standard should be applied to Froome, wonders why Froome has not already been suspended.

The il Giornale article you found was just brutal, the whole piece is soaked in irony and sarcasm.
Anyway, Froome is not doing well with the Italian press, and with some logic - since the upcoming controversy about the Giro is not far on the horizon, if nothing changes, then the Italian journalists will have to face it first
ClassicomanoLuigi

Re: Re:

14 Jan 2018 13:13

ClassicomanoLuigi wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:Boogerd is back again with some thoughts, adapted after google translate:

Moser as well
http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/2018/01/13/108149/moser-froome-squalifica-bitossi-bici-club

Francesco Moser, who doped with Conconi for the 1984 Hour Record, and who proposed total legalization of doping in 2006, now takes the position: that the rules themselves are debatable, but the same standard should be applied to Froome, wonders why Froome has not already been suspended.

The il Giornale article you found was just brutal, the whole piece is soaked in irony and sarcasm.
Anyway, Froome is not doing well with the Italian press, and with some logic - since the upcoming controversy about the Giro is not far on the horizon, if nothing changes, then the Italian journalists will have to face it first

Well yeah, the Moser thing is a bit ironic, blood doping pioneer and he also had a motor (in that case an entire helicopter) to improve his performance before it was cool.
If Froome comes to ride the Giro before the whole thing gets solved things could get pretty ugly.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

14 Jan 2018 13:32

Moser was a great rider however, with or without doping. Froome isn't.
User avatar Blanco

14 Jan 2018 13:32

Alpe73 wrote:
MartinGT wrote:I was chatting with a friend last night. I've not seen him for a while and he brought up the Froome thing. He seriously believes he and sky are clean. He's only just getting into cycling and he quoted some things that Brailsfraud has said in the past.

Oh, I see, Martin ... the 'standard' British public must be rescued from SKY FRAUD by the savants on the Clinic, you know, the 'genuine' cycling fans with a Dura Ace, Geant de Provence or a pave(y) stone logo beaming out of their arseholes.

Open up the windows and get some fresh air, FFS. Breathe .... Nothing needs to be rescued. You've been scammed, bro ... and not by the Dawg or Sky.

this

that´s what has always puzzled me. I don´t know why so much drive into wanting casual cycling fans to see the "truth" (can we speak of truth in pro-cycling?....)
pastronef

14 Jan 2018 15:52

Alpe73 wrote:

He certainly hasn't been scammed by Sky or Froome. Nor has most of the cycling public. But he's entirely right about who the PR nonsense is aimed at.
User avatar red_flanders
Veteran

14 Jan 2018 17:33

Salbutamol won't win you 4 GT races, or even get you through a DVD. Proof:

https://youtu.be/SeOYS1Ryo6Y
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

Re:

14 Jan 2018 18:18

macbindle wrote:Salbutamol won't win you 4 GT races, or even get you through a DVD. Proof:

https://youtu.be/SeOYS1Ryo6Y

Please put some clothes on in your next video macbindle.... :lol:
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic