Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re:

06 Feb 2018 17:56

Wiggo's Package wrote:"That’s why I think, at the minute, the approach we’ve taken is to support him and make sure we do what we can to have a fair process, even though I do understand it’s a very difficult situation for everyone"

Note SDB's *** covering "at the minute"

He's getting ready to throw the Dawg under the bus!

This sounds even more interesting:

"We’ve looked at each situation on its merits and let’s not forget, the reality is that the situation is dynamic, it’s changing, it’ll evolve, it’s moving, so we’ve got to be watching very carefully and make some very difficult decisions, but at this moment, we totally back him."
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re: Re:

06 Feb 2018 20:31

Rollthedice wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:"That’s why I think, at the minute, the approach we’ve taken is to support him and make sure we do what we can to have a fair process, even though I do understand it’s a very difficult situation for everyone"

"We’ve looked at each situation on its merits and let’s not forget, the reality is that the situation is dynamic, it’s changing, it’ll evolve, it’s moving, so we’ve got to be watching very carefully and make some very difficult decisions, but at this moment, we totally back him."

Yep, chimes with Walsh's article when the AAF story first broke strongly implying that Sky aren't paying Froome's legal fees

When it come down to it plausible deniability and the knighthood are all that SDB cares about

How long the list of people Brailsfraud's has thrown under the bus? This is just the big names in the last 18 months. He's been at this for decades. Cut and paste to add more names...

Froome [tbc], Freeman, Wiggins, Sutton...
Wiggo's Package

06 Feb 2018 20:32

At the moment whilst we're getting away with it we back him. As soon as he is charged I'm looking after number one.
User avatar MartinGT

06 Feb 2018 21:06

Rollthedice wrote:

So basically CF's new kit isn't black, just skid marked from Dave's bus :lol:
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk

06 Feb 2018 22:59

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-at-this-moment-we-totally-back-chris-froome/
I believe he’s innocent
mmm ... should n't he know?

It should still be confidential
f***ing leakers & journalists! :D
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

Re:

07 Feb 2018 10:39

Robert5091 wrote:http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-at-this-moment-we-totally-back-chris-froome/
I believe he’s innocent
mmm ... should n't he know?

It should still be confidential
f***ing leakers & journalists! :D

That's quite the caveat, SDB.... All smiles and thumbs up until the proverbial hits the fan, then it's a different song...
User avatar S2Sturges

11 Feb 2018 03:56

Wiggo's Package wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:

Yep, chimes with Walsh's article when the AAF story first broke strongly implying that Sky aren't paying Froome's legal fees

When it come down to it plausible deniability and the knighthood are all that SDB cares about

How long the list of people Brailsfraud's has thrown under the bus? This is just the big names in the last 18 months. He's been at this for decades. Cut and paste to add more names...

Froome [tbc], Freeman, Wiggins, Sutton...

JTL, Yates, Julich, De Jongh...
User avatar 42x16ss
Veteran

12 Feb 2018 19:10

Good thing we have DB to save cycling.

Can't help but think of this piece from 2015 covering the Astana debacle:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/30770269

"The UCI governs this sport, so they need to deliver," said Brailsford, 50.

"Great leaders don't find excuses why they can't do something. Sometimes you've got to get over obstacles and find ways of doing things to get to a new place.

"If you're in charge, you have to have rules and the leadership skills to deliver a credible sport."

Brailsford added Team Sky would "play our role as much as we can".

Further down Froome is in full agreement of course.

A slight look at the last year or two for TeamSky. If DB even meant 10% of what he has said on ethics, leadership etc. He should resign immediately.

But oh well. He is too busy setting new standards for clean cycling.

I can't help but hink that his "pride, and resilience" will be what in the end "undo" him.
User avatar mrhender

Re:

12 Feb 2018 23:24

mrhender wrote:Good thing we have DB to save cycling.

"Great leaders don't find excuses why they can't do something. Sometimes you've got to get over obstacles and find ways of doing things to get to a new place.

"If you're in charge, you have to have rules and the leadership skills to deliver a credible sport."

A slight look at the last year or two for TeamSky. If DB even meant 10% of what he has said on ethics, leadership etc. He should resign immediately.

I can't help but hink that his "pride, and resilience" will be what in the end "undo" him.

I suspect the team is doomed anyway as Disney is likely to shut the thing down in a cost cutting measure.
MatParker117

12 Feb 2018 23:39

MatParker117 wrote:

I suspect the team is doomed anyway as Disney is likely to shut the thing down in a cost cutting measure.

Shutting down SDBs Mickey Mouse production? :lol:
User avatar thehog
Veteran

13 Feb 2018 10:25

MatParker117 wrote:

Nice spin

If Team Sky folds it will of course be a cost cutting measure

Nothing to do with the bad smell obviously
Wiggo's Package

13 Feb 2018 19:00

Wiggo's Package wrote:If Team Sky folds it will of course be a cost cutting measure

Sky (the company) have just renewed their Premier League rights for the next four years. They pay about £7m per match for the rights. The cycling team is a drop in the ocean.

If Sky pull out it'll be because they've got bored of it. It's long been suggested by some they'll be off in 2020. But there will be plenty of time to get in a replacement.
Parker

13 Feb 2018 20:23

Parker wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:If Team Sky folds it will of course be a cost cutting measure

Sky (the company) have just renewed their Premier League rights for the next four years. They pay about £7m per match for the rights. The cycling team is a drop in the ocean.

If Sky pull out it'll be because they've got bored of it. It's long been suggested by some they'll be off in 2020. But there will be plenty of time to get in a replacement.

If Froome is banned no new sponsor is going to want to "enhance" their brand by hooking up with Brailsfraud the smell will just be too bad
Wiggo's Package

13 Feb 2018 20:34

Wiggo's Package wrote:
Parker wrote:

If Froome is banned no new sponsor is going to want to "enhance" their brand by hooking up with Brailsfraud the smell will just be too bad

in the mad world of pro-cycling you can never know ;)
pastronef

13 Feb 2018 21:03

pastronef wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
Parker wrote:

True enough

The UK's blue chip boardrooms are probaby stuffed with fanboy mamils cycling is the new golf
Wiggo's Package

13 Feb 2018 21:44

Wiggo's Package wrote:
pastronef wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:
Parker wrote:

True enough

The UK's blue chip boardrooms are probaby stuffed with fanboy mamils cycling is the new golf

SKY hit where it mattered. let´s hope it continues.
out there is very different from inside the Clinic or Twitter.
the huge crowds in Yorkshire will be there again this year.
we are a very small minority on these webpages.
pastronef

13 Feb 2018 22:50

James Murdoch, I believe, is the person to watch. How the Disney deal works out, how the Froome case turns out and then where Murdoch ends up. Then, Sky's future will be decided.
"Are you going to believe me or what you see with your own eyes?"

“It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”
User avatar Robert5091

14 Feb 2018 09:15

Brailsfraud interviewed just now on, ahem, Sky Sports News:

"What we're talking about is how many times he used his puffer. You're allowed to use it 16 times in 24 hours. The question is did he use it more. The rules aren't about the levels in the urine as has been widely reported. The rules are about how many times you use the puffer. You can't falsely accuse someone of wrong doing. That's the worst case scenario if someone has done nothing wrong. That's the whole basis of our society"
Wiggo's Package

Re:

14 Feb 2018 09:51

Wiggo's Package wrote:Brailsfraud interviewed just now on, ahem, Sky Sports News:

"What we're talking about is how many times he used his puffer. You're allowed to use it 16 times in 24 hours. The question is did he use it more. The rules aren't about the levels in the urine as has been widely reported. The rules are about how many times you use the puffer. You can't falsely accuse someone of wrong doing. That's the worst case scenario if someone has done nothing wrong. That's the whole basis of our society"

lolol, so brailsfraud doe snot consider the salbutamol urine levels (at twice the limit) to be a problem, thats an in interesting defence. if he was right of course CF could rock up to the uci lab, do his test, take 16 puffs on his iunhaler and then test at 2000ng; except they cant prove this because it is not possible. the '' The question is did he use it more.'' line is interesting , are they going to claim that CF himself decided to use ~100 puffs to reach 2000ng? in any case he still gets a ban as he exceeded the urine concentration allowed, twice over.
53*11

14 Feb 2018 10:14

53*11 wrote:
Wiggo's Package wrote:Brailsfraud interviewed just now on, ahem, Sky Sports News:

lolol, so brailsfraud doe snot consider the salbutamol urine levels (at twice the limit) to be a problem, thats an in interesting defence. if he was right of course CF could rock up to the uci lab, do his test, take 16 puffs on his iunhaler and then test at 2000ng; except they cant prove this because it is not possible. the '' The question is did he use it more.'' line is interesting , are they going to claim that CF himself decided to use ~100 puffs to reach 2000ng? in any case he still gets a ban as he exceeded the urine concentration allowed, twice over.

It's a remarkable statement in many ways. Just playing to the fanboys on the in-house TV channel. But remarkable all the same

The bit where he says the rules aren't about the levels in the urine is an interesting spin. Total BS of course. Takes some front to put that idea out there though

The suggestion that Froome being found guilty would be an affront to society really takes the BS biscuit. Is he taking a high moral line? Sorry Dave, that ship sailed a while ago, mate!
Wiggo's Package

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic