Log in:  

Register

Moderators

Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Moderator: Irondan

11 Feb 2018 18:18

https://i.imgur.com/hYl8gdh.jpg

Is it possible to make it so that avatars shrink when the window shrinks? It's a bit annoying that some of the larger avatars block some of the text, when you have two windows besides each other.
Goodbye, Tommeke; thank you for all you have given us!
User avatar Netserk
Veteran
 
Posts: 19,999
Joined: 30 Apr 2011 13:10
Location: Denmark

Re:

12 Feb 2018 00:41

Netserk wrote:https://i.imgur.com/hYl8gdh.jpg

Is it possible to make it so that avatars shrink when the window shrinks? It's a bit annoying that some of the larger avatars block some of the text, when you have two windows besides each other.

No, there’s no way to do that, as far as I know.
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,536
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

12 Feb 2018 07:20

Hello moderators, what was I trolling about that it resulted in the ban? I am not aware of any trolling. Thank you for explanation.
Kokoso
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,528
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

Re:

12 Feb 2018 15:22

Kokoso wrote:Hello moderators, what was I trolling about that it resulted in the ban? I am not aware of any trolling. Thank you for explanation.

I honestly can't remember what post or posts got you banned or what they contained. Which is the main reason why we don't normally give any further explanation "after the fact" towards a members ban. There are a few other reasons on why we don't normally talk about previous bans when a member gets back from one, with the biggest one being that the member never agrees with a mods determination, therefore, it does nothing to help the situation and usually only flames it to make things worse.

It's best to read the forum rules, know them, and post comments accordingly.

Cheers
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,536
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Re:

12 Feb 2018 18:14

Irondan wrote:
Kokoso wrote:Hello moderators, what was I trolling about that it resulted in the ban? I am not aware of any trolling. Thank you for explanation.

I honestly can't remember what post or posts got you banned or what they contained. Which is the main reason why we don't normally give any further explanation "after the fact" towards a members ban. There are a few other reasons on why we don't normally talk about previous bans when a member gets back from one, with the biggest one being that the member never agrees with a mods determination, therefore, it does nothing to help the situation and usually only flames it to make things worse.

It's best to read the forum rules, know them, and post comments accordingly.

Cheers

If I remember correctly, it was because Polish mountain climbing expedition thread where I "dared" to say nationality is important for someone (who seemed to care about nationality). It that was reason of ban, really, I disagree. Last time I got ban I've agreed more or less, so much for banned member never agrees.
Kokoso
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,528
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

Re: Re:

12 Feb 2018 18:17

Kokoso wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Kokoso wrote:Hello moderators, what was I trolling about that it resulted in the ban? I am not aware of any trolling. Thank you for explanation.

I honestly can't remember what post or posts got you banned or what they contained. Which is the main reason why we don't normally give any further explanation "after the fact" towards a members ban. There are a few other reasons on why we don't normally talk about previous bans when a member gets back from one, with the biggest one being that the member never agrees with a mods determination, therefore, it does nothing to help the situation and usually only flames it to make things worse.

It's best to read the forum rules, know them, and post comments accordingly.

Cheers

If I remember correctly, it was because Polish mountain climbing expedition thread where I "dared" to say nationality is important for someone (who seemed to care about nationality). It that was reason of ban, really, I disagree. Last time I got ban I've agreed more or less, so much for banned member never agrees.


Okay so he was possibly wrong in one instance (although you only agreed more or less, so perhaps you didn't even agree then), but you're disagreeing here...you're proving his point. :lol:
Skyline Drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjM6rZ4pN0
_____________________________________________________________________________
Canton Ave Climb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C90ZPlbEfmU
User avatar Jspear
Veteran
 
Posts: 6,472
Joined: 23 Feb 2014 03:50
Location: N. VA, USA

Re: Re:

12 Feb 2018 18:40

Kokoso wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Kokoso wrote:Hello moderators, what was I trolling about that it resulted in the ban? I am not aware of any trolling. Thank you for explanation.

I honestly can't remember what post or posts got you banned or what they contained. Which is the main reason why we don't normally give any further explanation "after the fact" towards a members ban. There are a few other reasons on why we don't normally talk about previous bans when a member gets back from one, with the biggest one being that the member never agrees with a mods determination, therefore, it does nothing to help the situation and usually only flames it to make things worse.

It's best to read the forum rules, know them, and post comments accordingly.

Cheers

If I remember correctly, it was because Polish mountain climbing expedition thread where I "dared" to say nationality is important for someone (who seemed to care about nationality). It that was reason of ban, really, I disagree. Last time I got ban I've agreed more or less, so much for banned member never agrees.

When I said that members never agree with the moderator's determinations I meant that in this thread and the old member's app/dep thread, the discussions that have taken part in the past were always a disagreement when discussing bans. I didn't mean that every member that's ever been banned disagreed with every ban. I actually didn't think that I needed to clarify that but oh well. Of course, people have agreed with their bans in the past, some of them were deliberately trolling or many other infractions that the members knew would get them banned but they did it anyway.

The point of my comment was that the members that ask moderators to explain in detail the reason why their post earned them a ban mostly ended in disagreement. Usually, I would think that the people that just went on with their lives after serving a ban probably agreed that the comment they posted to get them a ban was legit.

Either way, it's time to move on as I will not discuss this any further and you seem to be looking for some way to create an argument in which I don't have any desire to participate.

Cheers
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,536
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

20 Feb 2018 10:33

red is admin
green is moderator
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran
 
Posts: 23,089
Joined: 13 Mar 2009 23:52
Location: Roermond, the Netherlands

20 Feb 2018 21:25

Since this is the moderators forum, I assume this is the place to ask if your services exist?
User avatar spetsa
Member
 
Posts: 633
Joined: 03 Aug 2010 13:45
Location: between a bar stool and a bike saddle

20 Feb 2018 23:17

Yes, it is.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,032
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re:

21 Feb 2018 02:47

King Boonen wrote:Yes, it is.


Why would another member have knowledge of the contents of a "report post" comment?
User avatar spetsa
Member
 
Posts: 633
Joined: 03 Aug 2010 13:45
Location: between a bar stool and a bike saddle

Re: Re:

21 Feb 2018 11:14

spetsa wrote:
King Boonen wrote:Yes, it is.


Why would another member have knowledge of the contents of a "report post" comment?


I believe the only way another member would have that information is if they had access to a mod/admin account or a mod/admin has passed it on. We would not pass the information on.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,032
Joined: 25 Jul 2012 14:38

Re:

21 Feb 2018 20:46

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:red is admin
green is moderator


Yes... we had that discussion like, a month ago. :p
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran
 
Posts: 9,142
Joined: 05 May 2010 13:47
Location: Viking Land! (Aros)

23 Feb 2018 20:52

Would like to comment on the latest bans but not allowed to ...
TheSpud
Member
 
Posts: 1,353
Joined: 03 Jul 2014 20:43

25 Feb 2018 13:09

Could somebody with authority to do so change the thread title for Kuurne Brussels Kuurne to update it to HC status. TIA
User avatar Armchair cyclist
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3,756
Joined: 22 Mar 2010 17:28
Location: East of England, West of Ireland

Re:

26 Feb 2018 09:17

TheSpud wrote:Would like to comment on the latest bans but not allowed to ...

spud was the word that you were thinking of...............colourful?

or was it a phrase...'dynamic flexibility implementing rules....?'

Mark L
User avatar ebandit
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,050
Joined: 02 Aug 2012 18:24

Re: Re:

26 Feb 2018 14:41

ebandit wrote:
TheSpud wrote:Would like to comment on the latest bans but not allowed to ...

spud was the word that you were thinking of...............colourful?

or was it a phrase...'dynamic flexibility implementing rules....?'

Mark L


Neither - I didn't see the infringements so cant comment on them.

Good to see you're back - you never can really leave The Clinic ...
TheSpud
Member
 
Posts: 1,353
Joined: 03 Jul 2014 20:43

Re: Re:

26 Feb 2018 15:26

TheSpud wrote:
ebandit wrote:
TheSpud wrote:Would like to comment on the latest bans but not allowed to ...

spud was the word that you were thinking of...............colourful?

or was it a phrase...'dynamic flexibility implementing rules....?'

Mark L


Neither - I didn't see the infringements so cant comment on them.

Good to see you're back - you never can really leave The Clinic ...
So even if you were allowed to comment, you couldn't?
User avatar fmk_RoI
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,570
Joined: 16 Sep 2010 07:31

Re: Re:

27 Feb 2018 07:07

Jspear wrote:
Kokoso wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Kokoso wrote:Hello moderators, what was I trolling about that it resulted in the ban? I am not aware of any trolling. Thank you for explanation.

I honestly can't remember what post or posts got you banned or what they contained. Which is the main reason why we don't normally give any further explanation "after the fact" towards a members ban. There are a few other reasons on why we don't normally talk about previous bans when a member gets back from one, with the biggest one being that the member never agrees with a mods determination, therefore, it does nothing to help the situation and usually only flames it to make things worse.

It's best to read the forum rules, know them, and post comments accordingly.

Cheers

If I remember correctly, it was because Polish mountain climbing expedition thread where I "dared" to say nationality is important for someone (who seemed to care about nationality). It that was reason of ban, really, I disagree. Last time I got ban I've agreed more or less, so much for banned member never agrees.


Okay so he was possibly wrong in one instance (although you only agreed more or less, so perhaps you didn't even agree then), but you're disagreeing here...you're proving his point. :lol:

If you agree one time and disagree other time, you are not proving point of someone stating someone never agrees. :lol:
Kokoso
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,528
Joined: 22 Apr 2012 06:45

Re: Re:

27 Feb 2018 15:52

Kokoso wrote:
Jspear wrote:
Kokoso wrote:
Irondan wrote:
Kokoso wrote:Hello moderators, what was I trolling about that it resulted in the ban? I am not aware of any trolling. Thank you for explanation.

I honestly can't remember what post or posts got you banned or what they contained. Which is the main reason why we don't normally give any further explanation "after the fact" towards a members ban. There are a few other reasons on why we don't normally talk about previous bans when a member gets back from one, with the biggest one being that the member never agrees with a mods determination, therefore, it does nothing to help the situation and usually only flames it to make things worse.

It's best to read the forum rules, know them, and post comments accordingly.

Cheers

If I remember correctly, it was because Polish mountain climbing expedition thread where I "dared" to say nationality is important for someone (who seemed to care about nationality). It that was reason of ban, really, I disagree. Last time I got ban I've agreed more or less, so much for banned member never agrees.


Okay so he was possibly wrong in one instance (although you only agreed more or less, so perhaps you didn't even agree then), but you're disagreeing here...you're proving his point. :lol:

If you agree one time and disagree other time, you are not proving point of someone stating someone never agrees. :lol:

I disagree. :D
Darryl Webster wrote:
"Nothing seems to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it!"
User avatar Irondan
Administrator
 
Posts: 7,536
Joined: 30 Apr 2014 02:13
Location: Seattle, WA

PreviousNext

Return to About the forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to top