Register

Froome Talk Only

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Irondan, Eshnar, Red Rick, Pricey_sky, Tonton, King Boonen, Valv.Piti

Re: Re:

14 Feb 2018 14:42

[quote="Wiggo's Package"
That giant nappy suggests stomach problems will be next added to the Dawg's ever expanding defence
[/quote]So true, the small intestine is such an unnecessary organ, this was a brilliant move by Sky's medical unit.
Last edited by ClassicomanoLuigi on 13 Mar 2018 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
ClassicomanoLuigi

Re: Froome Talk Only

14 Feb 2018 17:47

www.twitter.com/JournalVelo
I take it all the media types that gave Sky a hard time for lack of press access at the Tour have gone out of their way to commend them for fronting up to the press today?
pastronef

14 Feb 2018 17:57

happy Valentines to you all :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfL41BHFlvr/
pastronef

14 Feb 2018 18:17

pastronef wrote:http://www.twitter.com/JournalVelo
I take it all the media types that gave Sky a hard time for lack of press access at the Tour have gone out of their way to commend them for fronting up to the press today?

A wee bit further down that timeline, the burn tweet is very good
rick james

14 Feb 2018 18:34

rick james wrote:

Having now watched rather than just read the transcript I thought Froome and Brailsford presented themselves well today tbf
brownbobby

Re:

14 Feb 2018 18:39

ClassicomanoLuigi wrote:Image

This explains a lot. Froome's nonchalance about getting banned from the GT's is because he has already moved on to a new career beyond cycling.

The diaper should help with his malfunctioning kidneys. ;)
User avatar Angliru
Veteran

14 Feb 2018 19:53

Someone overlaid Quintana going around the same uphill corner on on Ventoux as Froome.

You be the judge, motor or no motor on Dawg’s bike? :surprised:

https://twitter.com/ted_niki/status/963762138929094656
User avatar thehog
Veteran

14 Feb 2018 20:00

thehog wrote:Someone overlaid Quintana going around the same uphill corner on on Ventoux as Froome.

That is a joke/spoof right?

Please tell me you see the terrible effects editing in that clip straight away :lol:
brownbobby

14 Feb 2018 20:10

thehog wrote:Someone overlaid Quintana going around the same uphill corner on on Ventoux as Froome.

Personal tailwind
can happen
y'know.

ps: where's blackcat when we need him?
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

14 Feb 2018 20:52

brownbobby wrote:

Please tell me you see the terrible effects editing in that clip straight away :lol:

Should be easy enough to prove with the original clip and a stopwatch. Have at 'er. Or just accept reality. Either way is good.

John Swanson
ScienceIsCool

14 Feb 2018 21:04

I see here Ulissi just LOST the results of the stage where he tested positive. and he DNF the Giro. he keeps the Coppa Bernocchi results
https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider.php?id=140233&season=2014

and INRNG says this

What races could Froome lose? Under the vanilla application of the rules copied from the Ulissi case Froome would lose his Vuelta title but keep his silver medal from the Bergen worlds. Normally an athlete is stripped of all results but in the case of Ulissi he plead negligence, ie that he took a regular dose only to supply an irregular sample.

Lampre stood by its cyclist. When Ulissi’s case faced delays, it raced him in Italy’s Coppa Bernocchi one-day classic on September 16

Ulissi got 22nd and his result stands. not stripped

Ulissi ban was backdated from June 25th. he raced on Sept 16 and the result stands, he keeps his 22nd in Bernocchi

so I guess in Froome´s case, if backdated ban he´d lose the Vuelta, the race he tested positive in, and Bronze medal stays.
pastronef

14 Feb 2018 21:22

pastronef wrote:
so I guess in Froome´s case, if backdated ban he´d lose the Vuelta, the race he tested positive in, and Bronze medal stays.

Only with a complete acquittal will he get to keep the Vuelta. You always lose the results of the event you tested positive in across every sport.
User avatar Catwhoorg

15 Feb 2018 00:50

Recently, Mr. Froome spoke briefly to the press after a 1,000-mile training ride as part of his recovery program after lung transplantation, bilharzia re-infestation, kidney failure, asthma flare-up, knee-joint replacement, a leg fracture, resuscitation (Lazarus-style) by a holy man from the East, and head regeneration:

"See you at the Giro, chumps!"

User avatar JosephK

15 Feb 2018 05:27

ScienceIsCool wrote:
brownbobby wrote:

Should be easy enough to prove with the original clip and a stopwatch. Have at 'er. Or just accept reality. Either way is good.

John Swanson

Oh come on John....

Let's say conservatively Nairò is doing 20km/h.

Froome comes through at least 4 times that speed.

Difficult to be precise from a 2 second clip, but I'm seeing cadence well above 300rpm.

So im guesstimating Froome at 80km/h (that's gonna be way over 2000 watts) spinning at 300 rpm up Ventoux.

So yeah, we could believe the clip is genuine, not sped up in anyway.

Or we could just accept reality...
brownbobby

15 Feb 2018 08:00

pastronef wrote:I see here Ulissi just LOST the results of the stage where he tested positive. and he DNF the Giro. he keeps the Coppa Bernocchi results

and INRNG says this

What races could Froome lose? Under the vanilla application of the rules copied from the Ulissi case Froome would lose his Vuelta title but keep his silver medal from the Bergen worlds. Normally an athlete is stripped of all results but in the case of Ulissi he plead negligence, ie that he took a regular dose only to supply an irregular sample.

Lampre stood by its cyclist. When Ulissi’s case faced delays, it raced him in Italy’s Coppa Bernocchi one-day classic on September 16

Ulissi ban was backdated from June 25th. he raced on Sept 16 and the result stands, he keeps his 22nd in Bernocchi

But you're forgetting one little thing, Ulissi cooperated with UCI right from the start. Lampre suspended him from riding right away, something Sky didn't do. Then after couple of months Ulissi and Lampre become nervous and decided to ride Coppa Bernocchi. UCI reacted immediately, and advised them to withdraw Ulissi from competition. Lampre obeyed, and Ulissi got a ban of 9 months out of max 24.

Now how do you think your boy Froome will go through this? Sky didn't suspend him even after UCI president himself spoke up publicly, and he'll race despite them. And all that without full-backing of his own team! UCI wiill ask for max punishment, and I think he will be more than happy with a year, with all results stripped.
User avatar Blanco

15 Feb 2018 08:29

Blanco wrote:
pastronef wrote:I see here Ulissi just LOST the results of the stage where he tested positive. and he DNF the Giro. he keeps the Coppa Bernocchi results

and INRNG says this

But you're forgetting one little thing, Ulissi cooperated with UCI right from the start. Lampre suspended him from riding right away, something Sky didn't do. Then after couple of months Ulissi and Lampre become nervous and decided to ride Coppa Bernocchi. UCI reacted immediately, and advised them to withdraw Ulissi from competition. Lampre obeyed, and Ulissi got a ban of 9 months out of max 24.

Now how do you think your boy Froome will go through this? Sky didn't suspend him even after UCI president himself spoke up publicly, and he'll race despite them. And all that without full-backing of his own team! UCI wiill ask for max punishment, and I think he will be more than happy with a year, with all results stripped.

There is nothing to suggest that Sky / Froome aren't cooperating with the UCI at the moment. We are not privy to the process at the moment.

Agreed the Dawg should be either self or club suspended but that shows the arrogance of him & Sky.
User avatar MartinGT

15 Feb 2018 09:05

MartinGT wrote:
Blanco wrote:

and INRNG says this

There is nothing to suggest that Sky / Froome aren't cooperating with the UCI at the moment. We are not privy to the process at the moment.

Agreed the Dawg should be either self or club suspended but that shows the arrogance of him & Sky.

I think the fact that Lappartient asked publicly from Sky to suspend Froome, and they didn't do it, is a suggestion enough.
User avatar Blanco

15 Feb 2018 09:09

Exactly right Blanco.
User avatar TourOfSardinia
Veteran

15 Feb 2018 09:25

they had no choice, if they didnt speak to press it would look very bad and make an already suspicious case seem totally shady; also we know that DB loves the sound of his own voice and its a good way for him to dip his toe into the waters and alert the uci to their likely defence strategy AAF vs ADRV
53*11

15 Feb 2018 09:26

brownbobby wrote:
rick james wrote:

Having now watched rather than just read the transcript I thought Froome and Brailsford presented themselves well today tbf

you must be kidding, i thought DBs comments tuesday and weds did nothing to serve their cause well
53*11

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic