Log in:  

Register

Polartec-Kometa

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

09 Apr 2018 09:26

Ruudz0r wrote:
LaFlorecita wrote:Kevin Inkelaar was the team's best finisher in Klasika Amorebieta, he finished 21st. Isaac Canton and Diego Sevilla DNF'ed after spending the whole night on the road after racing U23 RVV yesterday :eek:
Meanwhile, Carlos Rodriguez, of the Polartec-Kometa junior team, finished 6th in Paris-Roubaix Espoirs.

The team has been invited to Tour de l'Ain (2.1) at the end of May, where Alberto will be guest of honor


Carlos Rodriguez was in the U19 (junior race, not espoirs), but a very nice race by him, he was also good in GW 2 weeks ago (14th) + did very well in some Spanish races where he basically was best 1st year junior in all races. From what I have seen of him in the u17 category I think he is a very versatile rider, but this is impressive as a 1st year junior from Spain (they dont normally perform that well in U19 cat) and as I think Rodriguez is suited much better to different races. Guess he also made his decision as he was doing Road Racing, BMX and Sailing at a high level last year.

You're right I typed that without thinking :p For such a young rider his performances have been amazing.
I am wondering if he will ride for a Belgian team next year, if I recall correctly there was some sort of 'exchange program' between the Fundacion Contador team and some Belgian youth teams a couple years ago which saw some Spanish riders race (part of) a season in Belgium.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

09 Apr 2018 10:16

It was with Tieltse Rennerclub, but I dont think they still do that, though I am not sure.
User avatar Ruudz0r
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,552
Joined: 09 Jun 2011 17:31
Location: The Netherlands

14 May 2018 18:28

From June 1st, Juan Pedro Lopez will join the continental team after an impressive start of the season in the U23 ranks.

http://sub23.fundacioncontadorteam.com/juan-pedro-lopez-se-incorpora-al-polartec-kometa-continental/

Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

20 May 2018 16:54

Nice, Michel Ries finished 11th on today's tough MTF in Tour de l'Ain, ahead of Calmejane :) he is also in 11th place overall
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

20 May 2018 17:20

And in the junior ranks, Carlos Rodriguez won stage 2b of the Trophée Centre Morbihan. He might just be the most exciting prospect of all 3 teams. This is his first year at junior level and his results are pretty amazing https://www.procyclingstats.com/rider/carlos-rodriguez-cano
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

22 May 2018 19:22

John Stiven Ramírez, a former mountain biker, will join the U23 team. Another Colombian for Bert.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,817
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re:

22 May 2018 19:54

DNP-Old wrote:John Stiven Ramírez, a former mountain biker, will join the U23 team. Another Colombian for Bert.

I guess with Juanpe Lopez moving up to the continental team, there is a free spot available.
I don't know anything about him, I'll have to read a bit :) there is some info here http://sub23.fundacioncontadorteam.com/el-colombiano-john-stiven-ramirez-munoz-a-prueba-con-el-polartec-kometa-sub23/

I think it's cool they are also giving foreigners a chance in the junior and U23 teams
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Re:

22 May 2018 20:10

LaFlorecita wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:John Stiven Ramírez, a former mountain biker, will join the U23 team. Another Colombian for Bert.

I guess with Juanpe Lopez moving up to the continental team, there is a free spot available.
I don't know anything about him, I'll have to read a bit :) there is some info here http://sub23.fundacioncontadorteam.com/el-colombiano-john-stiven-ramirez-munoz-a-prueba-con-el-polartec-kometa-sub23/

I think it's cool they are also giving foreigners a chance in the junior and U23 teams

Jhon Gutiérrez, one of the sponsors of Fundacion has interests in Colombia, so it is likely we'll see more in the team in the future. I like it.
User avatar DNP-Old
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2,817
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 17:38
Location: Sevilla, España

Re: Polartec-Kometa

30 May 2018 14:34

Image

Cool kit, but why does Moschetti get a kit in his national colors but not Canton, while both are U23 champions of their country as far as I can see? :p maybe that is why poor Isaac looks a little lost in thought.

Or perhaps, in true Spanish fashion, there is a flag on there somewhere that I cannot spot :p
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

30 May 2018 16:57

LaFlorecita wrote:Image

Cool kit, but why does Moschetti get a kit in his national colors but not Canton, while both are U23 champions of their country as far as I can see? :p maybe that is why poor Isaac looks a little lost in thought.

Or perhaps, in true Spanish fashion, there is a flag on there somewhere that I cannot spot :p

As far as i know Moschetti got his jersey mainly for the U23 Giro, they want to emphasisethe fact that he's riding the race as the Italian u23 NC.
Source: http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/2018/05/29/112576/moschetti-un-tricolore-tutto-nuovo-polartec-kometa
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,198
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

30 May 2018 18:28

Cool, that makes sense, I suppose :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

07 Jun 2018 08:44

These are our 6 aces for the Baby Giro. Lots of climbing in this race, a prologue and a final TT - with a very interesting format, the riders will start according to their GC gaps, no drafting allowed. First to the finish is the overall victor.
We are of course going to be looking for Moschetti in the sprints, and I think Michel Ries should be the best rider in the mountains, considering the form he showed recently in Tour de l'Ain. Juanpe Lopez is being thrown in at the deep end, expectations for him shouldn't be too high. Personally I would have liked to see Awet Habtom here as in my eyes he is one of the strongest climbers on the team.
Image
Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

07 Jun 2018 14:22

LaFlorecita wrote:These are our 6 aces for the Baby Giro. Lots of climbing in this race, a prologue and a final TT - with a very interesting format, the riders will start according to their GC gaps, no drafting allowed. First to the finish is the overall victor.
We are of course going to be looking for Moschetti in the sprints, and I think Michel Ries should be the best rider in the mountains, considering the form he showed recently in Tour de l'Ain. Juanpe Lopez is being thrown in at the deep end, expectations for him shouldn't be too high. Personally I would have liked to see Awet Habtom here as in my eyes he is one of the strongest climbers on the team.
Image
Image

I thought the same about Habtom, but then I saw that he DNF the Tour de l'Ain, maybe he crashed/has some health problems?
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran
 
Posts: 5,198
Joined: 30 Jun 2014 17:11

Re: Polartec-Kometa

08 Jun 2018 15:04

These are the results for the prologue, all guys nicely inside the top60, although I can't find Diego Sevilla's time anywhere.
Obviously a good result for Moschetti, I expected maybe a little more from Gamper and Canton, but maybe it was too short for them. Ries limited the damage with his GC options in mind. Nice time also for Lopez in his first race for the team.
7 MOSCHETTI Matteo 52.105 0:06
26 LOPEZ Juan Pedro 51.097 0:12
27 GAMPER Patrick 51.097 ,,
44 RIES Michel 50.446 0:16
59 CANTÓN Isaac 50.127 0:18

Edit: found Diego he was 40th at 15s :)
Last edited by LaFlorecita on 08 Jun 2018 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

08 Jun 2018 15:06

Mayomaniac wrote:I thought the same about Habtom, but then I saw that he DNF the Tour de l'Ain, maybe he crashed/has some health problems?

I don't know anything about that, but I kinda hope it's something like that, and not visa troubles again.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

09 Jun 2018 14:46

Moschetti 10th today. I'm surprised he was still in the group, that finale looked quite hard on paper. Michel Ries finished 19th, also in the big group.
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

13 Jun 2018 21:28

Canton got a special jersey for the 2nd half of the Baby Giro as well.
Looks great!
Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

14 Jun 2018 12:19

Looking good!
Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

10 Jul 2018 14:05

The team for Giro Valle d'Aosta. All eyes on Habtom although Inkelaar looked good in this race last year.

Image
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Polartec-Kometa

11 Jul 2018 16:12

Pretty great result for the team in the uphill prologue in Giro Valle d'Aosta. Juanpe Lopez, who only moved up to the pro Conti team in June, finishes 5th, and Wilson Peña is 10th! :) :)
User avatar LaFlorecita
Veteran
 
Posts: 30,236
Joined: 15 May 2011 09:53
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deneb, Google Adsense [Bot], Lequack, Majestic-12 [Bot], MatParker117, red zone and 46 guests

Back to top