Register

2017 USA TV Schedule

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: Re:

29 Jun 2017 11:18

Carols wrote:
Nacho wrote:Here is the kind of stuff we have to put up with NBC's coverage, of cycling in general, and the TDF specifically, this year. Here is their official page on their scheduled coverage. It can be accessed right off of their cycling website:

http://www.nbcsports.com/cycling-schedule

Go down to where the TDF broadcasting schedule is, under the last 2 columns which are streaming (but not their hi-priced streaming) and broadcast on cable channel NBCSN. According to it we don't get to watch the first 3 stages, but on July 1 we get to watch stage 4, which won't be contested until July 4th. And then we don't get to watch the last 3 stages.

Practically every entry in these 2 columns for the TDF is wrong! And here we are less than 2 weeks before it starts. It wouldn't be so bad if they left an email address to where you could contact them and have them check out/redo the schedule, but they don't want to hear from the persons that watch their coverage. They pretty much ignore any question left on their facebook page. Their facebook page is fast becoming a joke page. Their cycling website is too. I wish they would give the coverage over to somebody else to broadcast, someone that would take it seriously.

The webpage is just outdated. I'm sure they will be showing every stage live on streaming and on NBCSN. There is a preview show on Friday 6/23 1PM EDT, with multiple repeats over a few days. They will let us know when the first stage starts :)

Good to see there is daily coverage of the Vuelta even though it is delayed on Universal HD.

At least I will have copies of both the Tour and Vuelta to make dvds from should I so choose. Since the Giro was only streaming on Fubo, for the first time in decades I do no have a copy of the Giro :(

The schedule page looks clean now. So it looks like every stage is been show start to finish.
User avatar Potomac

29 Jun 2017 13:04

Yes, plus my DVR is finding daily, live coverage :). All is cool for le Tour!
Alberto Contador=Legend!

Nibali becomes only the 6th winner of all 3 GTS (2014)!
Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re: 2017 USA TV Schedule

02 Jul 2017 18:52

So far NBCSports Gold has been awesome. They have dropped Paul and Phil, with commentary for the full race provided by Matthew Keenan and I think Robbie McEwen.
muvonga

03 Jul 2017 00:28

muvonga wrote:So far NBCSports Gold has been awesome. They have dropped Paul and Phil, with commentary for the full race provided by Matthew Keenan and I think Robbie McEwen.

Wow, I'm stuck with P&P on TV. But I'm not paying another $40 when I already pay to have the tv channel.......
Alberto Contador=Legend!

Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

04 Jul 2017 00:19

Quite a few posters on NBC's facebook page seem PO'ed that Phil & Paul were replaced on NBC Gold by Keenan & McEwen, and thought they were going to get Phil & Paul.

https://www.facebook.com/NBCSportsCycling

Poor people. I'm glad I have NBCSN in my Sling TV package.
Nacho

Re:

04 Jul 2017 14:04

Nacho wrote:Quite a few posters on NBC's facebook page seem PO'ed that Phil & Paul were replaced on NBC Gold by Keenan & McEwen, and thought they were going to get Phil & Paul.

For those with NBC Gold, please let NBC know that you are pleased with McEwen and Keenan. I sent a note to their support email to that effect and they echoed your comments. 'Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We have received a lot of users upset we do not have Paul and Phil and it was nice to hear something positive about our new commentators.'
muvonga

04 Jul 2017 16:44

muvonga wrote:
Nacho wrote:Quite a few posters on NBC's facebook page seem PO'ed that Phil & Paul were replaced on NBC Gold by Keenan & McEwen, and thought they were going to get Phil & Paul.

For those with NBC Gold, please let NBC know that you are pleased with McEwen and Keenan. I sent a note to their support email to that effect and they echoed your comments. 'Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We have received a lot of users upset we do not have Paul and Phil and it was nice to hear something positive about our new commentators.'

You know -- another thing about NBCSN vs. NBC Gold. In the evening re-broadcast NBCSN has an expanded program. More commentary and they cut out some of the boring cycling parts. I'm sure they will discuss the Sagan/Cav situation in detail (or in ad-nauseum) tonight. Do you get to see any pre-show or expanded coverage after the race with NBC Gold?
Nacho

04 Jul 2017 17:12

Nacho wrote:
muvonga wrote:

You know -- another thing about NBCSN vs. NBC Gold. In the evening re-broadcast NBCSN has an expanded program. More commentary and they cut out some of the boring cycling parts. I'm sure they will discuss the Sagan/Cav situation in detail (or in ad-nauseum) tonight. Do you get to see any pre-show or expanded coverage after the race with NBC Gold?

The content is basically the international feed(over 5hrs of cycling) without commercial break but, otherwise barebones. You'll get stage winner interviews along with those of the jersey holders as well, but once the last stage presentation is over that's it.
muvonga

07 Jul 2017 18:40

If you've been watching the tour in the USA on NBCSN, then tomorrow's stage#8 on Sat July 8 will not be shown on NBCSN, rather on NBC's regular broadcast channel. Starts at 7:00am CST. My TV listings don't show a separate "Preview" show on NBCSN nor NBC. I don't think this affects NBC Gold any.
Nacho

11 Jul 2017 15:09

Please tell me this isn't happening :( They were supposed to be carrying the Vuelta again this year!

"Universal HD is a soon-to-be-defunct American digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by the Universal Television Networks unit of the NBCUniversal Television Group subsidiary of NBCUniversal. The network – which exclusively broadcasts in 1080i high definition – features a mix of films, drama series, sports, specials and performance arts programming from the NBCUniversal library, most of which are sourced from the company's cable networks."

EDIT: Okay I checked NBCSN cycling schedule and it says the Vuelta will now be on The Olympic Channel which is the channel replacing Universal HD. So I called DISH to see if they will be carrying The Olympic Channel and the answer was 'We'll have to check with the executive of the programming department'. I guess I'll find out on 7/15 when the switch is made by NBC :(.
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

11 Jul 2017 20:29

Nacho wrote:If you've been watching the tour in the USA on NBCSN, then tomorrow's stage#8 on Sat July 8 will not be shown on NBCSN, rather on NBC's regular broadcast channel. Starts at 7:00am CST. My TV listings don't show a separate "Preview" show on NBCSN nor NBC. I don't think this affects NBC Gold any.

I timed it and they showed commercials every 5 minutes and I'm being generous!!! I timed one span at 2 minutes of actual action before the cut to a commercial!! :mad: :mad:
User avatar Angliru
Veteran

11 Jul 2017 20:45

Ha! True! They usually load up on the commercials at the start/top-side of the broadcast so that they can show the last 30 minutes (more or less) commercial free. They especially do this on mountain finishes. Works pretty good too, for me at least, as I can do things around the house during commercials at the start of the race where it is kinda boring, and then settle into the last of the race, commercial free. I'd rather do this and get the announcers NBCSN have, than get it on straight stream with no commercials and the announcers they have.

So, if you average it out over the full length of the broadcast, commercials don't come any sooner together.
Nacho

12 Jul 2017 19:32

Angliru wrote:
Nacho wrote:If you've been watching the tour in the USA on NBCSN, then tomorrow's stage#8 on Sat July 8 will not be shown on NBCSN, rather on NBC's regular broadcast channel. Starts at 7:00am CST. My TV listings don't show a separate "Preview" show on NBCSN nor NBC. I don't think this affects NBC Gold any.

I timed it and they showed commercials every 5 minutes and I'm being generous!!! I timed one span at 2 minutes of actual action before the cut to a commercial!! :mad: :mad:

Yeah they front load the commercials....I do other things during that time or watch a stream if it is an active stage. We always get the finale commercial free. A real plus is I have the race saved on my dvr to make my own dvds from. That is why I want broadcast tv! I have decades of races I made off of tv broadcasts. I can edit the action in most GTS down to 6-8 hours :).
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

19 Jul 2017 17:14

If you happen to have an NBCSportsGold Cycling subscription, you can watch "La Course by Le Tour" live.
Schedule: All Times Eastern U.S.
Stage 1 Thursday 3:55 AM

Stage 2 Saturday 6:55 AM
Sciatic

19 Jul 2017 22:36

Carols wrote:Please tell me this isn't happening :( They were supposed to be carrying the Vuelta again this year!

"Universal HD is a soon-to-be-defunct American digital cable and satellite television network that is owned by the Universal Television Networks unit of the NBCUniversal Television Group subsidiary of NBCUniversal. The network – which exclusively broadcasts in 1080i high definition – features a mix of films, drama series, sports, specials and performance arts programming from the NBCUniversal library, most of which are sourced from the company's cable networks."

EDIT: Okay I checked NBCSN cycling schedule and it says the Vuelta will now be on The Olympic Channel which is the channel replacing Universal HD. So I called DISH to see if they will be carrying The Olympic Channel and the answer was 'We'll have to check with the executive of the programming department'. I guess I'll find out on 7/15 when the switch is made by NBC :(.

Well it happened. Unless you have Comcast Xfinity you will not have the Vuelta on TV. Sigh...guess I'll have to fork over the $40 for NBCSportsGold even though I already pay for NBCSC so I can watch it streaming. But I dropped the $10 per month package that had Universal HD so I'll be even in 4 months. I'd much rather have the Vuelta (and Worlds ++) on TV!
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

31 Jul 2017 23:11

The Tour of Utah is being shown live on Fox Sports 2 daily. And Gogo is there to assist with the call. I do like my Gogo!
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

01 Aug 2017 04:18

Carols wrote:The Tour of Utah is being shown live on Fox Sports 2 daily. And Gogo is there to assist with the call. I do like my Gogo!

You can also go to the tour of utah website and watch the full race live as well.
nedhill

16 Aug 2017 17:55

The Vuelta will be on Universal Olympic on cable, at least on Comcast in the NYC metro area.
Nick C.

15 Apr 2018 13:56

It seems there is a new cycling streaming option in the USA called FLOBikes. You can purchase it monthly ($30) or annually ($150). They have licensing for the RCS races among others, but nothing that NBCSports holds the license to.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good? The online reviews at BBB in the last year are Good.
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

15 Apr 2018 15:30

Carols wrote:It seems there is a new cycling streaming option in the USA called FLOBikes. You can purchase it monthly ($30) or annually ($150). They have licensing for the RCS races among others, but nothing that NBCSports holds the license to.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good? The online reviews at BBB in the last year are Good.

Cost wise much more reasonable than fubo.tv. However to get all the races streamed you'd have to get both it AND NBCGold. So about $200 per year. Now I do think that this new FLOBikes is a better option to fubo.tv
User avatar Koronin

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing