Register

2017 USA TV Schedule

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re: 2017 USA TV Schedule

15 Apr 2018 15:53

Koronin wrote:
Carols wrote:It seems there is a new cycling streaming option in the USA called FLOBikes. You can purchase it monthly ($30) or annually ($150). They have licensing for the RCS races among others, but nothing that NBCSports holds the license to.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good? The online reviews at BBB in the last year are Good.

Cost wise much more reasonable than fubo.tv. However to get all the races streamed you'd have to get both it AND NBCGold. So about $200 per year. Now I do think that this new FLOBikes is a better option to fubo.tv

Maybe I'll try it for the Giro. For the last 2 years I bought Fubo for 1 month-May. I have NBCSports and Olympic Channel on my satellite so I refuse to buy Gold. They used to give TV subscribers access and I pay to have the channels. Basically this year I've been going the Tizcycling route if it wasn't on the NBCSports channels.
Alberto Contador=Legend!

Nibali becomes only the 6th winner of all 3 GTS (2014)!
Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

15 Apr 2018 16:13

Carols wrote:
Koronin wrote:
Carols wrote:It seems there is a new cycling streaming option in the USA called FLOBikes. You can purchase it monthly ($30) or annually ($150). They have licensing for the RCS races among others, but nothing that NBCSports holds the license to.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good? The online reviews at BBB in the last year are Good.

Cost wise much more reasonable than fubo.tv. However to get all the races streamed you'd have to get both it AND NBCGold. So about $200 per year. Now I do think that this new FLOBikes is a better option to fubo.tv

Maybe I'll try it for the Giro. For the last 2 years I bought Fubo for 1 month-May. I have NBCSports and Olympic Channel on my satellite so I refuse to buy Gold. They used to give TV subscribers access and I pay to have the channels. Basically this year I've been going the Tizcycling route if it wasn't on the NBCSports channels.

I need to upgrade to HD to get the Olympic channel, which I really do need to do. I agree about refusing to pay for NBCGold when I already pay for NBC channels through my Satellite.

I've been using a combination of Tizcycling, a streaming link a friend gave me for Eurosport, and YouTube for races after the fact (due to sleeping and work can't watch a lot of races live anyway). Right now trying to decide if I'll go to work late on Wednesday or just watch Movistar's twitter feed while I'm working for Fleche Wallone. NBCSN is showing it at like 1am Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

From what I can see of the little I've looked at FLOBikes it appears a lot easier to pick and choose to pay for a month here or there and not needed to pay for a month and then cancel. Not totally sure, but it appears set up to make it easier.
User avatar Koronin

16 Apr 2018 00:03

FLOBikes still looks expensive option. I have NBCGold and you pay something around the ~$35 for 1 year. I don't think that is bad at all. I know it should come with the other package but then it is cycling here in America.

I looks like I will buy FLOBikes for one month. I hated Fubo so much.I still can't believe why they are charging so much for something that is not as popular here.
User avatar Escarabajo
Veteran

16 Apr 2018 00:11

I think for a lot of us our problem with NBCGold is that it should be free since we're already paying for NBC stations through cable/satellite. I agree FLOBikes is expensive for the entire year as well as month by month, but it's at least not connected to what we already get on TV. I definitely can't afford the yearly for it. I may consider a month here or there for specific races I want to see, if I have the extra money at the time. Which is also an issue.
User avatar Koronin

16 Apr 2018 00:28

Koronin wrote:
Carols wrote:
Koronin wrote:

I need to upgrade to HD to get the Olympic channel, which I really do need to do. I agree about refusing to pay for NBCGold when I already pay for NBC channels through my Satellite.

I've been using a combination of Tizcycling, a streaming link a friend gave me for Eurosport, and YouTube for races after the fact (due to sleeping and work can't watch a lot of races live anyway). Right now trying to decide if I'll go to work late on Wednesday or just watch Movistar's twitter feed while I'm working for Fleche Wallone. NBCSN is showing it at like 1am Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

From what I can see of the little I've looked at FLOBikes it appears a lot easier to pick and choose to pay for a month here or there and not needed to pay for a month and then cancel. Not totally sure, but it appears set up to make it easier.

When you sign up 'monthly' it is automatically charged monthly until you cancel. So it's no easier than Fubo.

Good luck with seeing Fleche on Wednesday!
Alberto Contador=Legend!

Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

16 Apr 2018 00:37

Koronin wrote:I think for a lot of us our problem with NBCGold is that it should be free since we're already paying for NBC stations through cable/satellite. I agree FLOBikes is expensive for the entire year as well as month by month, but it's at least not connected to what we already get on TV. I definitely can't afford the yearly for it. I may consider a month here or there for specific races I want to see, if I have the extra money at the time. Which is also an issue.

This. It has all the races that used to be on Universal, then on bEIN, that are not carried on the NBC stations.

But at this point I'm only willing to pay for the Giro I think. Tiznow has been pretty stable except for the Big Races. It's been tolerable :).
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

16 Apr 2018 00:37

Carols wrote:
Koronin wrote:
Carols wrote:
Koronin wrote:

When you sign up 'monthly' it is automatically charged monthly until you cancel. So it's no easier than Fubo.

Good luck with seeing Fleche on Wednesday!

TY for the info.

Fleche Wallone is on NBCSN at 1am Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Currently I'm debating about going into work late Wednesday and watching a streaming feed or going to work and following it from Movistar's twitter feed. Haven't made up my mind yet. Most likely will depend on how many jobs I have. (I work as a Vendor).
User avatar Koronin

16 Apr 2018 00:39

I wish BEin still had it. Their streaming service is included with cable/satellite prices.
User avatar Koronin

Re:

16 Apr 2018 00:50

Koronin wrote:I wish BEin still had it. Their streaming service is included with cable/satellite prices.

Yeah but their stream wasn't even HD :(. But the Giro was on tv daily in full HD and I recorded it and edited it down to about 6-8 hours. I dropped the package that had bEIN when they dropped cycling!

Watching cycling in the USA becomes more difficult every year!
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

16 Apr 2018 00:59

i've been using Fubo this year and it's really good, especially if you have a Roku box or equivalent (not sure if Apple or Amazon carry the app on their device). i've actually been considering just dropping cable altogether and using Fubo, but I need ESPN for Formula 1 and Fubo doesn't carry it yet. very good HD picture, no commercials, and they've showed every non-ASO classic except E3. it is expensive but it's worth it if you're addicted to cycling like I am.
User avatar zlev11

16 Apr 2018 01:29

I do steephill and tizcycling, and more, but those are the main ones. Steephill works.
SOLO LA VITTORIA È BELLA
User avatar Tonton

Re: Re:

16 Apr 2018 01:47

Carols wrote:
Koronin wrote:I wish BEin still had it. Their streaming service is included with cable/satellite prices.

Yeah but their stream wasn't even HD :(. But the Giro was on tv daily in full HD and I recorded it and edited it down to about 6-8 hours. I dropped the package that had bEIN when they dropped cycling!

It wasn't. Would have been nice, but it was free if you had their channel on your cable/satellite package and that's worth something. Yes all but 1 stage was on TV. I still have two of the 2016 Giro stages on my DVR actually. Bad thing is when I upgrade to an HD receiver I'll loose those along with last year's Fleche Wallone and LBL.

Yeah no kidding. It does keep getting harder and harder. I have a bunch of friends over in Spain that keep telling me I just need to move there then I can watch all the cycling I want. Only problem is that would require we (husband and I) can get jobs oh and neither of us speak much Spanish.

Tonton, yeah I use both of those and a Eurosport streaming only link a friend of mine gave me although YouTube.
User avatar Koronin

16 Apr 2018 01:57

I skim this thread, but wanted to chime in about FLObikes. I suggest you do some research into the company, and see if that's your vibe. I've watched FloSports come into existance as a real grassroots and genuine organization since their origins as a Track and Field media gig, to a very corporate entity. On the one hand, it is giving coverage to niche sports that didn't otherwise get anything, but at the same time, their methods of "growing the sport" (whether it is wrestling, gymnastics or whatever), but they have alienated a lot of the real fans and athletes in those sports.

I haven't and won't give them any of my money, but you can make your own decision.
More Strides than Rides

16 Apr 2018 13:14

Tonton wrote:I do steephill and tizcycling, and more, but those are the main ones. Steephill works.

I also use steephill to find a link if Tizcycling isn't working. The Tiz stream was taken down due to copyright during either de Ronde or PR (can't remember which!)

You have the advantage of being multilingual so have choices I do not :)
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

16 Apr 2018 13:27

More Strides than Rides wrote:I skim this thread, but wanted to chime in about FLObikes. I suggest you do some research into the company, and see if that's your vibe. I've watched FloSports come into existance as a real grassroots and genuine organization since their origins as a Track and Field media gig, to a very corporate entity. On the one hand, it is giving coverage to niche sports that didn't otherwise get anything, but at the same time, their methods of "growing the sport" (whether it is wrestling, gymnastics or whatever), but they have alienated a lot of the real fans and athletes in those sports.

I haven't and won't give them any of my money, but you can make your own decision.

Their reputation was pretty bad on BBB until the last year when they seem to have gotten their act together. $30 to see the Giro with a decent stream might be worth it.

Fubo will cost me the same $30 if they let me have the first month at the $20 special despite not being a new customer.
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

16 Apr 2018 13:27

Why dont you buy a UBOX if you have reliable Wi-Fi - I get 700 channels and it cost around two hundred US Dollars.
yaco

16 Apr 2018 13:41

Koronin wrote:
Carols wrote:

It wasn't. Would have been nice, but it was free if you had their channel on your cable/satellite package and that's worth something. Yes all but 1 stage was on TV. I still have two of the 2016 Giro stages on my DVR actually. Bad thing is when I upgrade to an HD receiver I'll loose those along with last year's Fleche Wallone and LBL.

Yeah no kidding. It does keep getting harder and harder. I have a bunch of friends over in Spain that keep telling me I just need to move there then I can watch all the cycling I want. Only problem is that would require we (husband and I) can get jobs oh and neither of us speak much Spanish.

Tonton, yeah I use both of those and a Eurosport streaming only link a friend of mine gave me although YouTube.

Which satellite do you have? I have DISH and when you switch receivers you can download anything you want to keep onto the new receiver! Also with DISH you can play youtube right on the TV.

I Love France, have visited 8 times and am going back again later this year. All the cycling you could wish for live and on tv. I've tried to learn French, but I'm older than dirt and just can't apply myself enough to accomplish it. Languages was never my forte :(
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

Re:

16 Apr 2018 13:53

yaco wrote:Why dont you buy a UBOX if you have reliable Wi-Fi - I get 700 channels and it cost around two hundred US Dollars.

No option to record, it's just plain streaming. I record 99% of programs. There are 200 unwatched shows on my dvr right now :). The only thing I watch live, if I'm available, is sporting events. It's going back to the early 80s to watch tv live, before the vcr was invented!
Alberto Contador=Legend!

User avatar Carols
Veteran

16 Apr 2018 14:40

Carols wrote:
Koronin wrote:
Carols wrote:

Which satellite do you have? I have DISH and when you switch receivers you can download anything you want to keep onto the new receiver! Also with DISH you can play youtube right on the TV.

I Love France, have visited 8 times and am going back again later this year. All the cycling you could wish for live and on tv. I've tried to learn French, but I'm older than dirt and just can't apply myself enough to accomplish it. Languages was never my forte :(

I have Dish. I have an old receiver. I didn't know you could download what's currently on the DVR to a new one. I need to upgrade to the Hopper at some point.
My Spanish friends are trying to teach me a few words at a time although they keep telling me it will be easier if I move there. However, I'm with you that learning other languages is not exactly easy. 2 years of Spanish in high school and 1 year of French in college and I don't remember any of it. I've learned more Spanish from my friends on social media over the past 3 years. Granted it's almost exclusively cycling related and basically just words and phrases with virtually no verbs. LOL Enjoy your trip over there again. Right now we can't afford a trip over there. Still trying to get out of debt, but working on it. Hopefully in the next coupe of years we can go over there. I really want to spend an April going to all the classics.
User avatar Koronin

16 Apr 2018 14:41

Carols wrote:
yaco wrote:Why dont you buy a UBOX if you have reliable Wi-Fi - I get 700 channels and it cost around two hundred US Dollars.

No option to record, it's just plain streaming. I record 99% of programs. There are 200 unwatched shows on my dvr right now :). The only thing I watch live, if I'm available, is sporting events. It's going back to the early 80s to watch tv live, before the vcr was invented!

Eurosport replay the races all the time - It's a feasible option.
yaco

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing