Register

Lesser Known Race Results 2018

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

18 May 2018 03:57

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:https://twitter.com/BrainOnWheels/status/996786246570606593

About 5 bike lengths for Groenewegen. Ofcourse in this field that doesn't say anything

5? Looked like less than one, though he did sit up a bit. Probably could have won by a bike length or maybe two if he'd kept going through the line.
User avatar jaylew
Veteran

Re:

18 May 2018 04:35

tobydawq wrote:A very anti-horror crash occurred today in the Tour of Norway.

I think he might be okay.

https://twitter.com/Andreas_Hans1/status/996851637472976902

Sorry, might be the lack of sleep, but I don't get it?
User avatar Kazistuta

Re: Re:

18 May 2018 04:42

Kazistuta wrote:
tobydawq wrote:A very anti-horror crash occurred today in the Tour of Norway.

I think he might be okay.

https://twitter.com/Andreas_Hans1/status/996851637472976902

Sorry, might be the lack of sleep, but I don't get it?

The CCC rider (Pawel Bernas) sees a crash in front of him and climbs off his bike and sits down on the ground like a diving football player.
User avatar tobydawq

18 May 2018 16:08

And the 3rd stage in Norway goes to Groenewegen, easily in front of Hagen and Holst Enger
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

Re: Lesser Known Race Results 2018

18 May 2018 17:00

Yeah!! Even easier than last year at the same finish line that by the way is quite hard, I think is in the limit for a pure sprinter, although Groenewegen despite his bad climbing is very strong in uphill sprints of around 0,5 Km at 5 % gradients or so.
pablohidalgo7

18 May 2018 17:03

That was impressive by Groenewegen. The in-form Holst Enger was blown off the wheel of Boasson Hagen, who in turn had no chance of holding Groenewegen's wheel.
User avatar Squire

19 May 2018 19:28

Nicolas Edet initially got his first pro victory today in the Tour de l'Ain but was later relegated because he had taken an illegal path by going left through a round-about when he made his winning attack.

He wasn't particularly pleased about that and claims that the roadbook said that the roundabout could be taken both left and right.

Javier Moreno won the stage instead and said that it was clearly illegal what Edet did because a moto was parked in that part of the roundabout, indicating that riders should not take that route.

http://videosdecyclisme.fr/tour-de-lain-2018-etape2-nicolas-edet-declasse-video/
User avatar tobydawq

Re:

19 May 2018 21:16

tobydawq wrote:Nicolas Edet initially got his first pro victory today in the Tour de l'Ain but was later relegated because he had taken an illegal path by going left through a round-about when he made his winning attack.

He wasn't particularly pleased about that and claims that the roadbook said that the roundabout could be taken both left and right.

Javier Moreno won the stage instead and said that it was clearly illegal what Edet did because a moto was parked in that part of the roundabout, indicating that riders should not take that route.

http://videosdecyclisme.fr/tour-de-lain-2018-etape2-nicolas-edet-declasse-video/

He tweeted a picture of it, Technically he was correct, either way the organisation **** up and should've left the victory to him.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

19 May 2018 21:28

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
tobydawq wrote:Nicolas Edet initially got his first pro victory today in the Tour de l'Ain but was later relegated because he had taken an illegal path by going left through a round-about when he made his winning attack.

He tweeted a picture of it, Technically he was correct, either way the organisation **** up and should've left the victory to him.

I agree to some degree. The roadbook says what he says it does but when a moto is placed by the organisation to block the left-hand turn, he shouldn't ignore it.
User avatar tobydawq

19 May 2018 21:59

tobydawq wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:

I agree to some degree. The roadbook says what he says it does but when a moto is placed by the organisation to block the left-hand turn, he shouldn't ignore it.

But if you studied the roadbook and were intending on going that way and you see a moto when you're already heading that way you are not going to brake and throw away all your chances of winning.
The Day Team Sky disappears from cycling I'll truly enjoy watching a mountainous Grand Tour stage again -- former Milan-San Remo winner I interviewed.
User avatar GenericBoonenFan

Re:

19 May 2018 22:03

Squire wrote:That was impressive by Groenewegen. The in-form Holst Enger was blown off the wheel of Boasson Hagen, who in turn had no chance of holding Groenewegen's wheel.

And he won again in the 4th stage, which was pretty hilly but not enough to drop the sprinters.

If he survives tomorrow I'd be surprised though, seems more like Hagen terrain
User avatar Dekker_Tifosi
Veteran

20 May 2018 07:16

GenericBoonenFan wrote:
tobydawq wrote:
GenericBoonenFan wrote:

But if you studied the roadbook and were intending on going that way and you see a moto when you're already heading that way you are not going to brake and throw away all your chances of winning.

True. The question if he really had studied it that thoroughly. I don't know if that's normal to do for a non-sprint stage.

But he says he has and I'm coming over to your side and starting to agree that he shouldn't have been relegated.
Last edited by tobydawq on 20 May 2018 07:53, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar tobydawq

20 May 2018 07:49

Interesting info about Edet. But this is a no-win situation because if Edet keeps the win, others can say they were mislead by the parked moto.

The organizers made a big mistake by blocking that side of the roundabout if it was meant to be open according to the roadbook. Obviously there may be reason that you need to block some part of the road, but then they should have parked the moto at the entrance to that side, not in the middle when it's too late. Feeling sorry about Edet because it was apparently not him who caused the trouble.
PeterB

20 May 2018 08:21

Dekker_Tifosi wrote:
Squire wrote:That was impressive by Groenewegen. The in-form Holst Enger was blown off the wheel of Boasson Hagen, who in turn had no chance of holding Groenewegen's wheel.

And he won again in the 4th stage, which was pretty hilly but not enough to drop the sprinters.

If he survives tomorrow I'd be surprised though, seems more like Hagen terrain

No chance for Groenewegen on those climbs.
User avatar Squire

20 May 2018 08:32

Motor bike was by no means totally blocking the left side entrance to the roundabout. It was only impeding staying to the left of the left hand side. Did the motorbike rider not understand the concept that riders would choose to take the shortest route available to them?

Unjust demotion: if the organisers decide to change the instructions they have given earlier, it is their responsibility to make sure that the change is unequivocally clear and made so in a timely manner. That they failed to do so is not Edet's fault.
User avatar Armchair cyclist

24 May 2018 14:22

Greipel picks up a 2nd win at the Tour of Belgium with a flat.
Albasini and Jakobsen win in the Tour des Fjords.
Breh

24 May 2018 16:35

First pro win for Bjorg Lambrecht in the Tour des Fjords.
Albasini wins the GC.

https://twitter.com/flobikes/status/999686453050327041
User avatar Samamba

Re:

24 May 2018 16:47

Samamba wrote:First pro win for Bjorg Lambrecht in the Tour des Fjords.
Albasini wins the GC.

Just seen that result. Looks like from the result that Lambrecht beat Albasini and Boassen-Hagen in a gentle uphill sprint? :surprised:
User avatar DFA123
Veteran

24 May 2018 16:51

DFA123 wrote:
Samamba wrote:First pro win for Bjorg Lambrecht in the Tour des Fjords.
Albasini wins the GC.

Just seen that result. Looks like from the result that Lambrecht beat Albasini and Boassen-Hagen in a gentle uphill sprint? :surprised:

Yeah, last km had a 5% gradient, with the last 300m at 8%. A finish that suits Lambrecht (pretty comparable to the Plumelec finish where he was 2nd at the EC in 2016).
User avatar Samamba

24 May 2018 16:53

A very impressive ride from Lambrecht - Great to see Albasini back to form as he I thought his star was waning - Anyway,. Albasini will try to sneak a stage at Suisse by hoping Sagan has a bad day.
yaco

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing