Register

2018 FIFA World Cup XXI

Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

07 Jul 2018 17:09

del1962 wrote:
Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:Excellent. A few thousands of Britons singing......

How many where Scotsmen :D

don't think many were watching.................those that were would have been gutted

after cheering on sweden...................LOL

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

07 Jul 2018 17:11

double LOL..............brazil got what was coming to them..........they deserved no luck after that

cheating neymar's theatrics

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re:

07 Jul 2018 18:51

ebandit wrote:
del1962 wrote:

don't think many were watching.................those that were would have been gutted

Mark L

Ah, the classic Anglo/Saxon conquered English perception of the Scots and Welsh who still relish our unique Celtic Briton heritage. And btw I think you'll find at least 2 million Scots Rangers fans would have been right behind you. And well done by the way. Good luck against Croatia but no chance;)
User avatar ferryman

07 Jul 2018 19:59

bot sky, are you into a post count with 1-2 word posts 1 min apart ? cant you condense those one-worders into 1 post ?

watch out for a yellow or red card if you cant :D
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

Re:

07 Jul 2018 20:14

python wrote:bot sky, are you into a post count with 1-2 word posts 1 min apart ? cant you condense those one-worders into 1 post ?

watch out for a yellow or red card if you cant :D

Oh, yes, you right, but now it doesn't matter, believe me..................
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

07 Jul 2018 20:21

i could care less, but it may matter to you, what's the word, kurv...?, if yo get a red card ?
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

07 Jul 2018 20:29

:-). red card, no. B..h, maybe..
edit, WHAT A SHAME RIGHT KNOW FOR FOOTBALL
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

07 Jul 2018 20:56

Liking Croats or disliking Russians, what's the deal, Bot?
User avatar sir fly
Veteran

Re: Re:

07 Jul 2018 22:01

ferryman wrote:
ebandit wrote:
del1962 wrote:

Mark L

Ah, the classic Anglo/Saxon conquered English perception of the Scots and Welsh who still relish our unique Celtic Briton heritage. And btw I think you'll find at least 2 million Scots Rangers fans would have been right behind you. And well done by the way. Good luck against Croatia but no chance;)

I wasn’t hugely impressed with Croatia in that game. They certainly have the talent to create goals, but it was a scrappy game and they weren’t very organised. Should be a good semi-final. If England don’t win I’d like to see a new name on the trophy.
Vincenzo Nibali:
"I know how to ride a bike"

Reduce your carbon footprint, ride steel.
User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

07 Jul 2018 23:11

If England win it is technically a new name on the trophy, no? (England won the jules rimet)
Brullnux
Veteran

08 Jul 2018 06:43

The winner should come from the France-Belgium half - the other half is not very exciting. England have not impressed one single game, have been very lucky with the draw and have scored the majority of their goals from free kicks, corners and penalties. Croatia scraped through twice now and must be exhausted.
User avatar Jagartrott

Re:

08 Jul 2018 08:18

Jagartrott wrote:The winner should come from the France-Belgium half - the other half is not very exciting. England have not impressed one single game, have been very lucky with the draw and have scored the majority of their goals from free kicks, corners and penalties. Croatia scraped through twice now and must be exhausted.

I sort of agree with you, but I’m not really buying the ‘easy draw’ as an out. There have been so many occasions over the past 20 years where we have had the tough side of the draw, the hardest group in the 2014 World Cup, Germany in the last 16 in 2010. Brazil and Portugal in the QF’s before that.

As for the set-piece argument, i have no problem with that. Should we get to the final against France/Belgium it gives us a genuine chance to win. You can clearly see how well the coaches have worked on set-pieces, and they will give the opposition problems dealing with that.
User avatar Pricey_sky

08 Jul 2018 08:27

Jagartrott wrote:The winner should come from the France-Belgium half - the other half is not very exciting. England have not impressed one single game, have been very lucky with the draw and have scored the majority of their goals from free kicks, corners and penalties. Croatia scraped through twice now and must be exhausted.

LOL! that's the game..................

both sides of the draw have given excitement even if england/croatia have avoided most
talented teams

for england it's even luckier to relatively breeze past sweden whilst croatia had to dig deep

glad russia lost...I always support other than the home team

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

08 Jul 2018 08:32

ferryman wrote:
ebandit wrote:
del1962 wrote:

Mark L

thanks! I actually prefer croatia over russia (with their home advantage)...seeing croatia going
to extra time /penalties was good when england already had their feet up

sadly as soon as england play winner of belgium/france the dream will be over

Mark L
User avatar ebandit

Re:

08 Jul 2018 08:35

Brullnux wrote:If England win it is technically a new name on the trophy, no? (England won the jules rimet)

If you want to be really picky yes :p
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

08 Jul 2018 17:18

ferryman wrote:
ebandit wrote:
del1962 wrote:

Mark L

I don't mind Scots not supporting England (never understand the reaction to Andy Murray all those years ago) just like I am happy to laugh at Scots footballing misfortunes, I doubt many Rangers supporters will be cheering for England either, I have a soft spot for Rangers after Gazza played for them, such a great player for Newcastle but don't like the underlying implications of Celtic and Rangers rivalry - that's both sides to blame though

Scotsman a work says he supports anyone England playing, its a bit of fun, he just has lots of teams to support
del1962
Veteran

08 Jul 2018 23:18

del1962 wrote:
ferryman wrote:
ebandit wrote:
del1962 wrote:

Mark L

I don't mind Scots not supporting England (never understand the reaction to Andy Murray all those years ago) just like I am happy to laugh at Scots footballing misfortunes, I doubt many Rangers supporters will be cheering for England either, I have a soft spot for Rangers after Gazza played for them, such a great player for Newcastle but don't like the underlying implications of Celtic and Rangers rivalry - that's both sides to blame though

Scotsman a work says he supports anyone England playing, its a bit of fun, he just has lots of teams to support

My friend, you don't live here, can I respectively suggest you You Tube Rangers and Rule Britannia for a wee start. Every Rangers fan I know are all right behind England. I also think you would be genuinely surprised how many other Scots are behind England. I'm not one, but happy in the fact you have no chance against Croatia;)
User avatar ferryman

10 Jul 2018 17:17

...... and in the meantime CR7 goes to Juve
Riposa in pace, Michele!
User avatar Laplaz

10 Jul 2018 19:56

Congratulations to France, which just won the World Cup!

I think they're playing a friendly against some Euro also-ran Sunday?
Merckx index

10 Jul 2018 20:13

Hubris can be a wonderful thing... from the other side.
Vincenzo Nibali:

User avatar King Boonen
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to General