Register

Vincenzo Nibali discussion thread

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Eshnar, Irondan, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

11 Jul 2018 18:28

hazaran wrote:Wait, we're hyping Nibali because he finished 10th on this stage next to all the other contenders? On a silly stage like this?

If this is such a grand achievement you guys must be tipping Pasqualon, 9th and 30 years old, winner of the illustrious Skoda Tour, as an upcoming GC winner.

Nibali lost a lot of time on similar finishes and muritos in the Vuelta last year. Him being good on muritos is not a given and indicates a really good form.
skippo12

Re:

11 Jul 2018 18:33

hazaran wrote:Wait, we're hyping Nibali because he finished 10th on this stage next to all the other contenders? On a silly stage like this?

If this is such a grand achievement you guys must be tipping Pasqualon, 9th and 30 years old, winner of the illustrious Skoda Tour, as an upcoming GC winner.

Traditionally he has been losing time to other GC contenders in such stage. Now he almost dropped Valverde, Martin et all 400 m before finish and seemingly easily followed Gilbert, GVA, Sagan and Colbrelli in short punchy uphill finish. Never seen that happening before, so give us a break to enjoy a situation that would past years been 5-10sec loss to Froome et co.
bambino

Re:

11 Jul 2018 18:37

Go back to the Froome thread, you don't understand how Nibali operates.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

Re:

11 Jul 2018 18:40

hazaran wrote:If this is such a grand achievement you guys must be tipping Pasqualon, 9th and 30 years old, winner of the illustrious Skoda Tour, as an upcoming GC winner.

Why, is Pasqualon Sky's next project?
User avatar GuyIncognito

11 Jul 2018 20:15

What was the difference between Froome's and Nibali's shape today? No difference.
What is the difference between Froome's and Nibali's fans attitude to today's stage?
We are not even trying to suppose Froome was looking good, strong, smooth and superb.
We (all) must wait.
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

Re:

11 Jul 2018 20:18

Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:What was the difference between Froome's and Nibali's shape today? No difference.
What is the difference between Froome's and Nibali's fans attitude to today's stage?
We are not even trying to suppose Froome was looking good, strong, smooth and superb.
We (all) must wait.

This dribble to
Me proves who was the instigators on the forum and it was always sky and froome fans with Contador and now it's Nibali.
Scarponi

Re: Re:

11 Jul 2018 20:28

Scarponi wrote:
Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:What was the difference between Froome's and Nibali's shape today? No difference.
We (all) must wait.

This dribble to
Me proves who was the instigators on the forum and it was always sky and froome fans with Contador and now it's Nibali.

Well, please, just let me know, why I'm not right just now.
We must wait, we don't have any idea of their both shape so far.
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

11 Jul 2018 20:41

Seriously, everyone likes and dislikes certain riders, but if you've got a problem with people hyping someone in his own thread than you're the problem.
User avatar Mayomaniac
Veteran

Re:

11 Jul 2018 20:51

Lo squalo di messina wrote:So now we cant discuss nibs anymore in his own thread?
Go discuss froome s frorm in the clinic where it belongs.

Of course you, Nibali's fans, can discuss Nibali's shape.
As well as I CAN response it, until it is in line with Forum Rules. And I will do it.
The same, you CAN submit posts in Froome's thread, and you have been doing it. And that's OK.
Just relax, and tell me why I'm wrong - what's my point we just have no idea about Froome's & Nibali's shapes.
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

11 Jul 2018 20:55

Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:
Lo squalo di messina wrote:So now we cant discuss nibs anymore in his own thread?

As well as I CAN response it, until it is in line with Forum Rules. And I will do it.
The same, you CAN submit posts in Froome's thread, and you have been doing it.
Just relax, and tell me why I'm wrong - what's my point we just have no idea about Froome's & Nibali's shapes.

Oh we have pretty good idea on both's shape. I think they're both in pretty good shape as a general sportmen. Can we now discuss it or should we still be silent just to please you?

Ah ****. Read your post again. You are just jealous there has been more posts in Nibs thread in past few daya compared to Dawg's. Go to clinic, I can ensure there is much more.
Last edited by bambino on 11 Jul 2018 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
bambino

11 Jul 2018 20:56

Let's keep this civil shall we.

The approach ws very technical today, so Nibali probably saved boatloads of energy by being a fabulous bike handler.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

11 Jul 2018 20:58

This aint exactly hard you know....
we were waiting to see how nibali s shape was after the slow buidup with the dauphine and all that.
Every nibali fan knows this type of finish is a real indication of nibali s form.
He was up there with the sprinters so we rejoice that his shape seems great.
Then you come in crying WE KNOW NOTHING WE MUST WAIT.
I mean.........
Lo squalo di messina

Re:

11 Jul 2018 21:05

Lo squalo di messina wrote:This aint exactly hard you know....
we were waiting to see how nibali s shape was after the slow buidup with the dauphine and all that.
Every nibali fan knows this type of finish is a real indication of nibali s form.
He was up there with the sprinters so we rejoice that his shape seems great.
Then you come in crying WE KNOW NOTHING WE MUST WAIT.
I mean.........

OK :razz: .
User avatar Bot. Sky_Bot

Re:

11 Jul 2018 21:08

Red Rick wrote:Let's keep this civil shall we.

The approach ws very technical today, so Nibali probably saved boatloads of energy by being a fabulous bike handler.

And cutting his pizza diet while eating lots of horse meat burgers.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

11 Jul 2018 21:24

Nibs is going great, I think he finally learned that you don’t have to be in shape for tune up races, use them for finishing touches on your form. We also know he’s going great this year in general after winning MSR. With a somewhat reduced Froome and the first week looking like it does, I think he just might win this year! Voodoo and horse meat!
«Sky helped for the GC, so did BMC - a lot of teams tried but one rider isn't enough. Not against De Gendt. He's like 10 riders.»
Oude Geuze

Re:

11 Jul 2018 21:59

Rollthedice wrote:The secret? Horse meat. He loves it, the Italian TBM cook prepares delicious horse meat hamburgers.

I wish I never knew that as I am owned by horses :(
Alberto Contador=Legend!

Nibali becomes only the 6th winner of all 3 GTS (2014)!
Nibali joins Gimondi, Merckx and Hinault as only the 4th man to win all 3 GTS and 2 different Monuments (2018). A throwback rider in this age of specialization. Bravo!
User avatar Carols
Veteran

11 Jul 2018 22:04

bambino wrote:
Bot. Sky_Bot wrote:

The same, you CAN submit posts in Froome's thread, and you have been doing it.

Oh we have pretty good idea on both's shape. I think they're both in pretty good shape as a general sportmen. Can we now discuss it or should we still be silent just to please you?

Ah ****. Read your post again. You are just jealous there has been more posts in Nibs thread in past few daya compared to Dawg's. Go to clinic, I can ensure there is much more.

That thread had an argument about TTTs.

As for the topic of this tread. Makes sense to want to see who Nibali is doing as he can be either hot or cold and very inconsistent. So far he's looking like he's going well.
User avatar Koronin

11 Jul 2018 22:20

Carols wrote:
Rollthedice wrote:The secret? Horse meat. He loves it, the Italian TBM cook prepares delicious horse meat hamburgers.

I wish I never knew that as I am owned by horses :(

Would you like help throwing off the shackles of oppression?
User avatar GuyIncognito

Re:

11 Jul 2018 22:22

He saves even more when getting towed about by cars
rick james

11 Jul 2018 22:26

rick james wrote:

He saves even more when getting towed about by cars

The driver of the motorcycle Froome was hanging on in Giro must still wonder to this day how on earth he didn't spot that tremendous talent right then.
User avatar Rollthedice
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Professional road racing