Register

Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

17 Jul 2018 06:21

Wiggins is a bit of a dimmo, isn't he. Of course it's about the team winning. That is how it should be. I bet Brailsford regrets not releasing Froome from his least on that mountain in 2012.

He made that mistake in 2011.
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

Re: Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

17 Jul 2018 07:48

I saw an interview with SDB and they mentioned what Wigan had said and he didnt look impressed :lol:
User avatar MartinGT

17 Jul 2018 08:05

The interview I saw he p1ssed himself laughing.

When it comes to Wiggins and Brailsford, it's probably one of those situations where it wasn't a battle between good and evil ;)
(Warning: Posts may contain traces of irony)
User avatar macbindle

Re:

17 Jul 2018 08:15

macbindle wrote:The interview I saw he p1ssed himself laughing.

When it comes to Wiggins and Brailsford, it's probably one of those situations where it wasn't a battle between good and evil ;)

Agreed.
User avatar MartinGT

23 Jul 2018 12:31

Brailsford now blaming the "reactions" to Froome / Sky on French racism! He doesn't know when to stop, does he....
ctaylor
Newly Registered Member

23 Jul 2018 12:45

Brailsford has had another go at the French!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-blames-tour-de-france-roadside-reactions-on-a-french-cultural-thing/

It seems like unless you dance to his tune he just can't accept it. He must be living in a sheltered bubble where I honestly don't think he gets the anger of many withing the cycling world. Every time he opens his mouth he just end up making things worse.
ontheroad

Re:

23 Jul 2018 13:19

ontheroad wrote:Brailsford has had another go at the French!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-blames-tour-de-france-roadside-reactions-on-a-french-cultural-thing/

It seems like unless you dance to his tune he just can't accept it. He must be living in a sheltered bubble where I honestly don't think he gets the anger of many withing the cycling world. Every time he opens his mouth he just end up making things worse.

LOL. Sir Dave is unable to resist kicking the hornets' nest. I would say he has not reduced the likelihood of adverse fan reactions to his boys in week 3 of the Tour.
User avatar JosephK

Re: Re:

23 Jul 2018 13:44

JosephK wrote:

LOL. Sir Dave is unable to resist kicking the hornets' nest. I would say he has not reduced the likelihood of adverse fan reactions to his boys in week 3 of the Tour.

Talk about arrogance at work.
Veni, Vidi, Kirby

I came, I saw, I was dead wrong as per usual
User avatar Red Rick
Administrator

23 Jul 2018 13:50

JosephK wrote:

The press, social media (oops!), Hinault, etc. .. all did their part to whip (some) French fans into a frenzy.

It’s a sporting event, FFS ... and Sky riders are having piss thrown at them. For what???

Dave just calling it as he sees it. Some French fans could do a lot better; Italian fans did.

“Passionate French Fans” is just a euphemism (and smokescreen) for .... over zealous, sick behaviour.

Good for Brailsford for sticking up for his team.
Last edited by Alpe73 on 23 Jul 2018 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Alpe73

23 Jul 2018 13:54

Brailsford is just saying the truth deal with it.
BetOrLose

23 Jul 2018 14:21

Brailsfraud should be happy we’re not throwing anything else than piss at his band of cheaters. And no, its hardly only french who are racking up against them on the road.
User avatar No_Balls

23 Jul 2018 14:40

Brailsford has just been kicked in the teeth, so hes lashing out...
User avatar 70kmph

23 Jul 2018 14:48

I don't have much time for Brailsford who can be pompous and arrogant at times,but on this occasion he is stating the obvious - Sky receive a generous welcome in the Giro and the Vuelta, compared to the TDF - Sometimes the truth hurts.
yaco

23 Jul 2018 14:53

Alpe73 wrote:
JosephK wrote:

The press, social media (oops!), Hinault, etc. .. all did their part to whip (some) French fans into a frenzy.

It’s a sporting event, FFS ... and Sky riders are having piss thrown at them. For what???

Dave just calling it as he sees it. Some French fans could do a lot better; Italian fans did.

“Passionate French Fans” is just a euphemism (and smokescreen) for .... over zealous, sick behaviour.

Good for Brailsford for sticking up for his team.

You do know that Team Sky was investigated by it's own British govt. You do know this don't you? They didn't come out of it with flying colours ether. No wonder the French don't want them riding their big event. It's just more Denial Denial Denial with Brailsford. It's their own faults. No one elses.

Who likes arrogant teams and athletes?
Craigee

23 Jul 2018 15:10

Maybe - maybe - it has something to do with Sky already killing the TdF since 2012 while only last year they copied there French recipe in Spain and only this year in Italy? Just a rough guess, though.

Personally I like it when the crowd shares it's opinion. It's the crowd why this is a professional sport in the first place. Sure you can respond to that with even more arrogance, but likely the crowd will have an answer to that as well...
Pennino

23 Jul 2018 15:16

It does seem a bit counter-productive for SDB to incite an already antagonistic crowd with nationalistic insults, overshadowing his better point that spectators should be more well behaved.
The poster formerly known as yespatterns.
User avatar GraftPunk

Re:

23 Jul 2018 15:25

GraftPunk wrote:It does seem a bit counter-productive for SDB to incite an already antagonistic crowd with nationalistic insults, overshadowing his better point that spectators should be more well behaved.

Agreed; call out people for spitting (disgusting and inexcusable behaviour) and throwing things at riders and he'll probably get lots of support...but focusing on the nationalism angle does just seem designed to antagonise.

Added to the French Mayor comments...once may be careless, twice is deliberate...
brownbobby

23 Jul 2018 15:47

Can we re-title the thread "Dave Brailsford - Xenophobic Pr!ck?"
ChewbaccaDefense

Re: Dave Brailsford - cycling genius

23 Jul 2018 15:52

I think Dave is still upset about being arrested for doping by the French police all those years ago.
User avatar thehog
Veteran

23 Jul 2018 16:09

brownbobby wrote:
GraftPunk wrote:It does seem a bit counter-productive for SDB to incite an already antagonistic crowd with nationalistic insults, overshadowing his better point that spectators should be more well behaved.

Agreed; call out people for spitting (disgusting and inexcusable behaviour) and throwing things at riders and he'll probably get lots of support...but focusing on the nationalism angle
does just seem designed to antagonise

Added to the French Mayor comments...once may be careless, twice is deliberate...

Disagree.

Frustration-induced hasty comment ... yes. On both occasions. Seeing what is at stake, forgivable.
Alpe73

PreviousNext

Return to The Clinic