Log in:  

Register

Leukemans

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Leukemans

03 Oct 2010 16:23

Does this guy whine about every race that doesn't go in his favor? I remember him complaining that it was Ricco's fault he didn't win GP de Wallonie. Now it's Pozzato's fault that a Belgian isn't world champion?

Seems someone needs to train harder.
User avatar mulletCobra
Junior Member
 
Posts: 258
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 15:52

03 Oct 2010 16:35

He's not the only one who's still wondering what the hell Pozzato was doing.
User avatar hrotha
Senior Member
 
Posts: 13,246
Joined: 10 Jun 2010 20:45

03 Oct 2010 16:59

mulletCobra wrote:Does this guy whine about every race that doesn't go in his favor? I remember him complaining that it was Ricco's fault he didn't win GP de Wallonie. Now it's Pozzato's fault that a Belgian isn't world champion?

Seems someone needs to train harder.
No how I understood his comments. He merely was pointing out that had Pozzato contributed they may have stayed away and medalled. As he didn't, he got nothing.

Re Ricco, he has a point. Puts in an attack and finds his team-mate towing the group up to him. Nice work, and from a pointless millstone who had quite likely scuppered their Lombardia invite!
User avatar ultimobici
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,745
Joined: 17 Mar 2009 21:58
Location: London

03 Oct 2010 17:25

mulletCobra wrote:Does this guy whine about every race that doesn't go in his favor? I remember him complaining that it was Ricco's fault he didn't win GP de Wallonie. Now it's Pozzato's fault that a Belgian isn't world champion?

Seems someone needs to train harder.


He was right at both occasions so he has a reason to whine about it. And he's a guy that says what he think no matter what the topic is. So that's what you get.
User avatar Kwibus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4,955
Joined: 25 May 2010 05:54
Location: the Netherlands

03 Oct 2010 19:34

Leukemans makes a good point,pippo tried to sit on the back of the break and twice he allowed a gaps to open and then waved others through to close it. Grossly overrated wheel sucker...flanders a few years back was a good example of his mentality. Probably didnt want to get to near the front in case the wind messed his hair up!
Jacques Tati
Junior Member
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 24 Apr 2009 16:52

03 Oct 2010 23:57

I'd rather see an athlete say what he thinks than the usual polite platitudes you get from most sportsman.
PCutter
Junior Member
 
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Apr 2010 02:08

04 Oct 2010 01:41

As far as I'm concerned, the guys who ride hard are allowed to get frustrated every now and again. I feel the same way about Hoste in the classics (who also crushed it at this year's worlds). It's understandable that a guy might be upset with others refusing to work when he's going flat out to make the race. Doesn't mean the wheelsucker is wrong about his tactics; just means the other guy is more than just a whinger.
ergmonkey
Junior Member
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 11 Aug 2009 20:13

04 Oct 2010 01:55

Jacques Tati wrote:Leukemans makes a good point,pippo tried to sit on the back of the break and twice he allowed a gaps to open and then waved others through to close it. Grossly overrated wheel sucker...flanders a few years back was a good example of his mentality. Probably didnt want to get to near the front in case the wind messed his hair up!


he's the Cadel of single-day races
User avatar nicholaaaas
Junior Member
 
Posts: 251
Joined: 14 Mar 2009 00:51
Location: Baltimore, MD

04 Oct 2010 08:38

Leukemans just has bad luck. He never wins, always misses the podium but works like a donkey. He deserves better, but he shouldn't complain as much as he does. Train a bit harder, and make your own luck!
User avatar Vonn Brinkman
Junior Member
 
Posts: 324
Joined: 26 Apr 2010 14:29
Location: Amsterdam

04 Oct 2010 19:35

nicholaaaas wrote:he's the Cadel of single-day races


Like it :D, I will Evans some credit he did ride his socks off Sunday. Evans would have the advantage over pippo in the 'gurning' competition though...god that aussie is ugly...must be what happens to your face when you sit in the wheels and suck all day...face like a rubber monkey :D
Jacques Tati
Junior Member
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 24 Apr 2009 16:52

hypocrite

05 Oct 2010 01:03

What is it called when a cyclist sits at the back of a breakaway not contributing, you know, like Leukemans did for so much of the later laps of the race.
markjohnconley
Junior Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 12:06

05 Oct 2010 01:25

markjohnconley wrote:What is it called when a cyclist sits at the back of a breakaway not contributing, you know, like Leukemans did for so much of the later laps of the race.


That particular scenario was normal in-race behaviour, when a team mate is in front (something that f.i. Ricco seemingly doesn't know) - and Pozzato indeed (wheel)sucked all life out of a potential winning breakaway, everyone could see his destructive racing sunday.

The Belgians animated the race and deserved more from their effort, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes when you don't have a decent finisher (or at least burn him out before the finish).
User avatar Kazistuta
Junior Member
 
Posts: 1,080
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 06:18
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

05 Oct 2010 06:09

Jacques Tati wrote:Like it :D, I will Evans some credit he did ride his socks off Sunday. Evans would have the advantage over pippo in the 'gurning' competition though...god that aussie is ugly...must be what happens to your face when you sit in the wheels and suck all day...face like a rubber monkey :D


I wish we were all as perfect as you! For someone to make a comment like that indicates you are apart of the lowest common denominator of society.
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,202
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

05 Oct 2010 06:35

nicholaaaas wrote:he's the Cadel of single-day races


only reason i hate evans is because of his attitude, and reactions to losing (never admits he was the bested by the better man). As a rider he is quality.

:D

but no, hoste is probably worse then leukemans. Cannot stand him.
User avatar Timmy-loves-Rabo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 10,441
Joined: 22 Jun 2009 13:44
Location: Melbourne

05 Oct 2010 06:55

Timmy-loves-Rabo wrote:only reason i hate evans is because of his attitude, and reactions to losing (never admits he was the bested by the better man). As a rider he is quality.

:D

but no, hoste is probably worse then leukemans. Cannot stand him.


Explain this to me?
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94
Senior Member
 
Posts: 19,202
Joined: 16 Jun 2009 02:37
Location: Australia

05 Oct 2010 17:26

auscyclefan94 wrote:I wish we were all as perfect as you! For someone to make a comment like that indicates you are apart of the lowest common denominator of society.


Oh dear, sulky aussie .....you need to stop behaving like Cadel... and yep Im so perfect if I was made of chocolate id eat myself :D
Jacques Tati
Junior Member
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 24 Apr 2009 16:52

05 Oct 2010 18:56

auscyclefan94 wrote:Explain this to me?

Cadel acts like he's in the WNBA. Whining about his team, hitting other cyclist, crying like a baby because he lost his yellow jersey.. He never seems to have a good attitude about losing.
User avatar mulletCobra
Junior Member
 
Posts: 258
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 15:52

05 Oct 2010 19:52

mulletCobra wrote:Cadel acts like he's in the WNBA. Whining about his team, hitting other cyclist, crying like a baby because he lost his yellow jersey.. He never seems to have a good attitude about losing.


I could not agree. 10 out of 10 he always has an excuse for mediocre performances. I also dislike his cowardly and horrible wheel-suck till you die attitude.

And he is a really ugly SOB :D
indurain666
Junior Member
 
Posts: 689
Joined: 13 May 2009 16:51

06 Oct 2010 01:55

indurain666 wrote:.... I also dislike his cowardly and horrible wheel-suck till you die attitude.
You did watch the road race?????????????

indurain666 wrote:.... And he is a really ugly SOB :D
What's this got to do with cycling??????????
markjohnconley
Junior Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 12:06

06 Oct 2010 01:57

indurain666 wrote:And he is a really ugly SOB :D
And you have seen/heard the "ugly SOB"'s wife haven't you?????????????
markjohnconley
Junior Member
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 19 Jul 2010 12:06

Next

Return to Professional road racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigMac, Dazed and Confused, Eagle, Escarabajo, FoxxyBrown1111, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], irondan, Jakob747, jmdirt, krismtb, leftover pie, lenric, Moviestar, Pricey_sky, Ryaguas, Ryo Hazuki, SeriousSam, Smachinho, Stelvio, The Barb, Tonton, wansteadimp, WheelofGear and 80 guests

Back to top
cron