Register

Doping in XC skiing

The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Moderators: Eshnar, King Boonen, Red Rick, Pricey_sky

Re:

05 Dec 2018 21:47

python wrote:still on the top, but after her doping vacation, johaug seems to slow down a bit...at least the gaps formally reaching minutes are now in the range of a dozen seconds. i think i am guessing why ...her lips dont chap any more :D

most returning dopers in endurance sports show similar tendencies....

lol what? She absolutely crushes the field two weekends in a row now, probably steeped in training waiting to peak for worlds and still beating the rest with half a minute over 10k. What sport are you watching? There’s one Swede that seems able to follow though, young girl, might hopefully contend in a couple of years.
«Sky helped for the GC, so did BMC - a lot of teams tried but one rider isn't enough. Not against De Gendt. He's like 10 riders.»
Oude Geuze

06 Dec 2018 00:40

it sound like you watching something that is taking place in your own brain as opposed to what everyone else....

if 9 seconds over ebba was 'absolutely crushing' or a dozen seconds or so a day before, than you are a little, or majorly confused....
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

Re: Doping in XC skiing

06 Dec 2018 14:34

Yeah I already mentioned Ebba as an exemption, she didn’t use to compete in world tour so hard to say how they matched before tha ban. Not sure how that’s a difficult concept...
«Sky helped for the GC, so did BMC - a lot of teams tried but one rider isn't enough. Not against De Gendt. He's like 10 riders.»
Oude Geuze

06 Dec 2018 14:57

you are still very confused. i am not sure how a gap of mere seconds not just to ebba (take a look at the official fis results, sparky) is 'absolutely crushing'. not a difficult concept. unless one is invested in distorted personal time perception.
DJPbaltimore:'John Kerry is an honorable person and would not call out the Russians if there was not evidence', 'the 2 of you are russia stooges'
in foreign policy there are no eternal friendships or eternal enemies, only eternal interests
User avatar python
Veteran

08 Dec 2018 21:56

So 3/3 wins so far, half a minute, 9sec (15 to Kalla) in the 10k’s and over a minute in the 15k. I don’t know how you define domination but this certainly looks like it to me. Funny you insinuate that she’s now clean(er) after her ban and has declined performance wise lol laughable bias at display.
Oude Geuze

Yesterday 14:01

It's of course hard to compare as the courses and the order of events are different, but I tried to compare anyway. The first 10 km F event was quite far in 2015/16 season, so I compared also to doubled times for 5 km F. Comparing the margins not only to the 2nd, but to everyone, it looks pretty clear that Johaug is roughly as dominant now as she was in 2015/16.

Googolplex

Yesterday 16:42

Wow, good work on the graphs, interesting. It seems clearly apparent that she is as dominant as ever, but when you have an agenda and a strong hatred for Norwegian skiers facts don’t matter. You see what you want to see.
Oude Geuze

Previous

Return to The Clinic