Register

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

03 Jul 2013 00:10

Greenedge can pull out now and it's been a successful tour. Should be in yellow until saturday and also have a few more Gerrans/impey stages to go. Now get on the attack and stay visible through the mountains.
karlboss

03 Jul 2013 00:32

Totalling epic stage win for the Orica boys chapeau.great to see Gerrans in yellow and as others have posted no stress to win anything else at the tour.this could mean more to come?
blaxland

03 Jul 2013 06:54

karlboss wrote:Greenedge can pull out now and it's been a successful tour. Should be in yellow until saturday and also have a few more Gerrans/impey stages to go. Now get on the attack and stay visible through the mountains.

A dream scenario for the team and potentially the fans.
Dazed and Confused

08 Jul 2013 02:12

Orica-Greenedge does a tribute to AC/DC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAl1-mBhFpU

Great video

Even Eddy Merckx gets a go in it.:D
diggercuz wrote:second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
User avatar auscyclefan94

08 Jul 2013 03:41

Yep, another beauty, though I think I prefer the Call Me Maybe video better.

AC/DC is a better song (of course) but the original video had longer, funnier snippets of riders doing things, the new video jumps around a bit too much.

How could OGE not be everyone's second (or favourite) team.
bikeit

08 Jul 2013 03:53

Clarke, showing again why he is everyone's favourite rider on this team.
karlboss

08 Jul 2013 07:59

Clarke was the one in his jocks yeh? loved it, even had the women in it wow they are cute!! haha
greenedge better then some

20 Aug 2013 23:09

So aussie riders 25 and under
Garmin- Morton, Dennis, Haas, Von Hoff
OGE-, Meyer, Durbridge, Matthews, Howard, Sulzberger, Hepburn, Howson, Meyer

Who's done better? Who will do better?
karlboss

21 Aug 2013 00:45

karlboss wrote:So aussie riders 25 and under
Garmin- Morton, Dennis, Haas, Von Hoff
OGE-, Meyer, Durbridge, Matthews, Howard, Sulzberger, Hepburn, Howson, Meyer

Who's done better? Who will do better?

Any team would like to have Dennis in their squad. He's thought of as possibly the best road talent out of the team pursuit teams of recent years (which is where most of the OGE young riders have emerged from). OGE tried, but I believe Dennis wanted to put some space between himself and the AIS setup for his own development.

Haas and Von Hoff, probably not as talented as other OGE young talent - C Meyer, Matthews, Howard, Clarke - but good riders none-the-less.

Morton??? I don't know. He's put in some impressive rides in the US since he was young - and whilst he's made a bit of noise about AIS track guys getting preferential treatment at the U23 worlds selections, the reality is he's probably wasn't good enough for one of the TT spots which he wanted (given he's been up against Durbridge, Dennis, Bobridge etc for spots), and not sure he's got much of a record in one day road races either to get a spot on the WCRR team at U23. But he can definatly climb. Given his age, and thus chance of further improvement, I think the jury's still out on whether he's a bigger talent than say C Meyer for GC ambitions (and Im only thinking week long race GC at this stage - jury is way, way out on whether either might be able to ride a GT with ambitions)
PCutter

22 Aug 2013 06:58

PCutter wrote:Any team would like to have Dennis in their squad. He's thought of as possibly the best road talent out of the team pursuit teams of recent years (which is where most of the OGE young riders have emerged from). OGE tried, but I believe Dennis wanted to put some space between himself and the AIS setup for his own development.

Haas and Von Hoff, probably not as talented as other OGE young talent - C Meyer, Matthews, Howard, Clarke - but good riders none-the-less.

Morton??? I don't know. He's put in some impressive rides in the US since he was young - and whilst he's made a bit of noise about AIS track guys getting preferential treatment at the U23 worlds selections, the reality is he's probably wasn't good enough for one of the TT spots which he wanted (given he's been up against Durbridge, Dennis, Bobridge etc for spots), and not sure he's got much of a record in one day road races either to get a spot on the WCRR team at U23. But he can definatly climb. Given his age, and thus chance of further improvement, I think the jury's still out on whether he's a bigger talent than say C Meyer for GC ambitions (and Im only thinking week long race GC at this stage - jury is way, way out on whether either might be able to ride a GT with ambitions)

I still think Meyer can develop for ardennes maybe 1 week races, GTs look a little beyond him.
Honestly I see the two teams as having comparable talent, Meyer/Dennis, Von Hoff/Matthews, Morton/Clarke, Haas/Sulzberger but Garmin with the better strike rate. The rider without an equivalent being Durbridge. I'd say OGE have the talent, but Garmin are getting results. Probably being a little harsh.
karlboss

22 Aug 2013 08:08

If anyone should complain about the TT stuff it should be Phelan or Flakemore.
Durbridge will win at least one WC ITT title- not sure if Dennis/ Morton can win a GT in the future, but they should challenge.

Bobridge should be on the list too- he was great in 2011- and it's sad about his arthritis.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge

22 Aug 2013 09:25

karlboss wrote:I still think Meyer can develop for ardennes maybe 1 week races, GTs look a little beyond him.

PCutter wrote:Any team would like to have Dennis in their squad. He's thought of as possibly the best road talent out of the team pursuit teams of recent years (which is where most of the OGE young riders have emerged from). OGE tried, but I believe Dennis wanted to put some space between himself and the AIS setup for his own development.

I think Haas and Von Hoff can develop- Von Hoff was still working as a boilermaker in 2011/ has not been helped by having little team support and still has not rode a GT/ is a neopro. Haas stupidly had to work for Stetina at Langkawi and i think could pick up good hilly races- he also rode his first GT this year.

I would not consider Meyer an Ardennes rider- he would have to be a better climber- he could do what Kreuziger did at AGR, but i doubt he could ever stay with the best riders at LBL or FW- without turning into a GC contender.
I think this years Eneco could have suited him and he could win a race with an ITT in it.
I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

The Grand Boucle wasn't just Europe's for the taking.

Quote:VAE
"Has Porte ever dropped Nibali in any mountain?"
D&C "He will soon..."
greenedge

22 Aug 2013 16:43

User avatar Afrank

Previous

Return to Professional road racing