Register

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Re: Re:

Today 04:03

Wilba60 wrote:
RedheadDane wrote:Did you see Chaves' reaction when Howson one stage 1 - and later the overall - in the Herald Sun Tour?

Now, why would Yates need to tell the team car that Impey won? Usually the people in the team car knows who won. Unless they're actually implementing the no "TV" screens in the cars rule.

The reaction from Chaves at the Herald Sun Tour did seem to be pure joy and it was very evident in that episode of BackStage Pass. Re. the Yates radio message it may have even been meant for the rest of the team, rather than the team car. I can only presume that the riders messages are heard by all and not just a one way transmission to the team car.....does anyone know if this is the case?

Hopefully the "big guns" can be so vigilant about each other at Flanders that Durbridge may get the chance to spoil their party. Not sure he can win De Panne but he should go very close and it will be interesting to see if the rock hard fit riders like Durbridge and Gilbert are in a better or worse position than those "resting" out of De Panne for Flanders.

Speaking of Back Stage Pass, there has been nothing since the Herald Sun Tour. Anyone know if this is a plan or maybe it is an availability problem with Dan Jones, or even a budgetary measure?

Part of a plan, apparently working on something big and should be back for the Giro (it's somewhere on the Orica-Scott Facebook page).
greenedge
Veteran

Today 09:48

StryderHells wrote:
Wilba60 wrote:Flanders team

ORICA - SCOTT (ORS)
AUS
61 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
62 KEUKELEIRE Jens BEL
63 DURBRIDGE Luke AUS
64 DOCKER Mitch AUS
65 JUUL JENSEN Christopher DEN
66 HEPBURN Michael AUS
67 MEZGEC Luka SLO
68 NIELSEN Magnus Cort DEN

That's a strong and in form squad. I'm not sure if Ronde is the race for them but Roubaix could be the ticket again this season for that team, Durbridge, Keukleire, Hayman, Cort and even Mitch Docker have all been riding well this classics season.

Magnus Cort has not been very good, otoh Christopher Juul was seventh in Strade Bianche and should be the most suited in that team for RVV but I guess the crash yesterday could be a problem.
User avatar ciranda

Today 10:18

Especially if - as the commentators mused - it's affected his injured hand.
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Today 11:42

StryderHells wrote:

ORICA - SCOTT (ORS)
AUS
61 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
62 KEUKELEIRE Jens BEL
63 DURBRIDGE Luke AUS
64 DOCKER Mitch AUS
66 HEPBURN Michael AUS
67 MEZGEC Luka SLO

That's a strong and in form squad. I'm not sure if Ronde is the race for them but Roubaix could be the ticket again this season for that team, Durbridge, Keukleire, Hayman, Cort and even Mitch Docker have all been riding well this classics season.

Durbridge can top 10 at RVV, though agree the team is best suited to PR - Mezgec has been riding surprisingly well and he is the one Orica should put in the break - Do you see how well Edmondson skipped over the Muuy first time in stage one of De Panne - Now I understand why people have been talking up Edmondson for the hilly classics.

Chaves is riding Pais Vasco and my understanding is he will ride Fleche Wallone and LBL - Orica believes he can do well at Fleche.
yaco

Today 11:44

ciranda wrote:
StryderHells wrote:

ORICA - SCOTT (ORS)
AUS
61 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
62 KEUKELEIRE Jens BEL
63 DURBRIDGE Luke AUS
64 DOCKER Mitch AUS
66 HEPBURN Michael AUS
67 MEZGEC Luka SLO

Magnus Cort has not been very good, otoh Christopher Juul was seventh in Strade Bianche and should be the most suited in that team for RVV but I guess the crash yesterday could be a problem.

I am unsure that Cort has the characterstics for the hilly, cobbled classics - He can definitely feature at PR in the future as he skips well over the cobbles.
yaco

Today 11:51

yaco wrote:
ciranda wrote:
StryderHells wrote:

ORICA - SCOTT (ORS)
AUS
61 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
62 KEUKELEIRE Jens BEL
63 DURBRIDGE Luke AUS
64 DOCKER Mitch AUS
66 HEPBURN Michael AUS
67 MEZGEC Luka SLO

I am unsure that Cort has the characterstics for the hilly, cobbled classics - He can definitely feature at PR in the future as he skips well over the cobbles.

I think he should be able to perform well in the classics with hellingen as well. Just think about his Strade Bianche in his first year. And in the queen stage of the Tour of Denmark he has shown tremendous progress as well and last year he was in the top five. Last year I even saw him ride on from a standstill in the middle of the Koppenberg, which is not something everyone can do.

But based on his performances thus far in the Flanders classics, not much suggests that he will be an important factor here, I'll give you that. I have been very disappointed with his season until now (except of course for his to victories in Spain) but hopefully he just needed one more season in the classics before he can be in the finales.
User avatar tobydawq

Today 12:43

ciranda wrote:
StryderHells wrote:

ORICA - SCOTT (ORS)
AUS
61 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
62 KEUKELEIRE Jens BEL
63 DURBRIDGE Luke AUS
64 DOCKER Mitch AUS
66 HEPBURN Michael AUS
67 MEZGEC Luka SLO

I wasn't talking about Cort being a factor in the sense of competing in the finish, I was talking about him playing a valuable role as a teammate and in that sense I believe he has been riding well, that's why I also mentioned Mitch Docker.
This is Cocaine...This is Chloroform...In short we ride on Dynamite!
User avatar StryderHells

Today 14:14

yaco wrote:
ciranda wrote:
StryderHells wrote:

ORICA - SCOTT (ORS)
AUS
61 HAYMAN Mathew AUS
62 KEUKELEIRE Jens BEL
63 DURBRIDGE Luke AUS
64 DOCKER Mitch AUS
66 HEPBURN Michael AUS
67 MEZGEC Luka SLO

You don't need to be unsure about that, going uphill fast is his best quality, it's the doing sprint stages **** that is completely wrong.
User avatar ciranda

Today 14:35

So... seems they haven't had the best of luck in de Panne.
Only started six, Juul-Jensen out during the stage after his crash, and apparently Keukeleire out too...
Aka The Ginger One.
User avatar RedheadDane
Veteran

Previous

Return to Professional road racing