Register

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Moderators: Irondan, peloton, Eshnar, Red Rick, King Boonen, Tonton, Pricey_sky

Yesterday 11:25

You wouldn't think any rider will pencil in his next year diary until he knows what the parcours for the races are?
User avatar claude cat

Yesterday 16:47

I don't think Im being harsh. Orica has done well on a couple of occasions, trying to set something up for Yates, but he still exclusive follow wheels. For 2 straight GTs, I have at no point seen him in the wind, let alone make an aggressive move of some sorts.

Its disappointing that he is that passive, his brother seems to be the polar-opposite when it comes to aggression.
"This is the Tour that will determine whether I can drink espresso at the Garda lake the rest of my life"
User avatar Valv.Piti
Veteran

Re:

Yesterday 16:59

Valv.Piti wrote:I don't think Im being harsh. Orica has done well on a couple of occasions, trying to set something up for Yates, but he still exclusive follow wheels. For 2 straight GTs, I have at no point seen him in the wind, let alone make an aggressive move of some sorts.

Its disappointing that he is that passive, his brother seems to be the polar-opposite when it comes to aggression.

Simon Yates is a great racer. He got 3 great wins by attacking from pretty far out (Fayence, GP Miguel Indurain, Leysin) while in at least 2 of them he wasn't the strongest (Fayence, Leysin). Not being the strongest and winning races by attacking and taking risks make me like him a lot.
Forever The Best

Re:

Yesterday 17:02

Valv.Piti wrote:I don't think Im being harsh. Orica has done well on a couple of occasions, trying to set something up for Yates, but he still exclusive follow wheels. For 2 straight GTs, I have at no point seen him in the wind, let alone make an aggressive move of some sorts.

Well, he DID make one aggressive move at TDF on the stage 7 to Lac de Payolle where the 1KM to go inflateable arch collapsed on him but at this Giro I think the only time he DID stick his nose to the front of the lead pack was on the Bergamo finish when he opened up his sprint a bit too early. Having said that, this was very much an attritional GT and he put himself into deficit early by having to burn so many matches on Blockhaus.

On evidence to date, Simon does appear the more daring of the two but then again, the one GT where he has raced for GC was under Stephens. I think Adam may be marginally the stronger TTer and it may be the case that Chaves may now be superior in that aspect to both (going off his 2016). If, as I suspect, he rides the Vuelta (most probably alongside Chaves), it WILL be interesting to see how he responds to Stephens' direction.
dirkprovin

Re:

Yesterday 17:20

claude cat wrote:You wouldn't think any rider will pencil in his next year diary until he knows what the parcours for the races are?

Orica will not take Ewan to a GT if there is a TTT - There is one at the 2017 Vuelta which will anyway have a strong GT focus while allegedly the 2018 TDF will feature a TTT.
yaco

Re: Re:

Yesterday 17:28

Forever The Best wrote:

Simon Yates is a great racer. He got 3 great wins by attacking from pretty far out (Fayence, GP Miguel Indurain, Leysin) while in at least 2 of them he wasn't the strongest (Fayence, Leysin). Not being the strongest and winning races by attacking and taking risks make me like him a lot.

That Leysin stage win was an awesome performance - Attacking the GC peleton on the second last climb to bridge over to the breakaway then holding the wheel of a rampant Porte on the last climb and winning the stage.
yaco

Yesterday 17:31

Keukeliere wins the GC at the Tour of Belgium while riding for the Belgium team. He'll be feeling great as a Belgium winning his NT.
yaco

Previous

Return to Professional road racing